Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 14th Region, who has the most depth?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What teams in the region have the most solid consistent players on the floor and coming off the bench?  I know Leslie County has a very solid group of kids returning.  Hoskins, E. Napier, Davidson, Melton, Iris Napier.  Who do they have off the bench?   Do they lose anything much when the sun?   

Owsley returns a lot of pieces.  What do they have off the bench?  

I think the teams with the best bench usually ends up on top.

Sorry, that first paragraph was sub, not sun.
Leslie County will have Emily Napier back this year as I hear that she will be returning to the team after taking last year off.
Leslie will also have Emily Roark and Ava Napier back too.
Knott County will really good even without Maggard. Gayheart top 5 player is back. Big center and good group of guards. Not sure what the Middle Schools have.

Perry should be much improved considering they lost nobody that I can think of and have several middle school kids that are probably close to being Varsity ready and got Hazards point guard from last season. So they are deeper. Got Top 5 player in Neace back.

Hazard has Maggard, Slone, Combs, Ramey and some others. Be better this year. Maggard top 5 player.

Letcher is Letcher, always tuff. Usually deep.

Gonna be another competitive season in the 14th.
Most coaches will tell you they really only want 7-8 kids that can play. If you get more than that it becomes really hard to settle into a rotation because everyone isn’t getting the minutes they want. Things like that can affect team chemistry in a negative way. The best player or 2 on each team is going to play 90% of the game in a close game so that really only leaves 2-3 spots to try to fit everyone else in.
Owsley County has junior Carly Smith, freshman Addison Terry, junior Laya Lynch, junior Shelby Murray, sophomore Blakesley Whitaker and two eighth graders, Kenzie Grubb and Macey Brown that will all see plenty of minutes this season. Also have a good seventh grade team which have a few players that will see mop up minutes at times. It’s probably the deepest team that Owsley has had in a while. The two eighth graders are both varsity ready. The team had a very good summer of ball and very well could be directly in the mix for a regional title this year.
Owsley will be really good.

Reds, what does the wolves have coming back? Does the 6’5 girl still go to Lee?
(09-30-2022, 12:38 PM)Bulldogs4Ever Wrote: [ -> ]Owsley will be really good.

Reds, what does the wolves have coming back?  Does the 6’5 girl still go to Lee?
The 6’5 Lee County girl might have graduated, not sure. She is not listed on their roster on the KHSAA website. She missed a couple of years with a knee injury and I don’t think played after her freshman season.
She was a really nice player, sad she isn’t playing.
I don’t think the big girl at Lee played after getting hurt. Really sad she had the size to be a force.

Wolfe returns 4 starters that played every minute of every game last year. Sr’s Sarah Smith & Hannah Kidd and Sophomores MaKenzie Miller & Jazzy Banks. Wolfe also add 2 Freshman in Naomi(6-1) and Abigail(5-6) Noble and Junior Bailee Wright all 3 will play major minutes for Wolfe. Wright is a 3 year starter and double digit scorer and the Noble girls are 2 very talented freshman. Coach Brown will have one of his best all around teams having 7 girls that are varsity skill level players this season.
Sounds like Gbrown is going to have a really good season. Like to see the Wolves a howling this year.
(10-04-2022, 10:24 AM)DukeBoy Wrote: [ -> ]Sounds like Gbrown is going to have a really good season.  Like to see the Wolves a howling this year.
He does more with less every season. Top notch!