Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Mountain Teams Lead 3 Media Polls Going Into Postseason Play...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Taking a glance at the AP Polls going into the playoffs, mountain teams are well represented.

Class A: 1. Hazard 10-0
Class 3A: 1. Belfry 10-0, 2. Breathitt Co. 10-0
Class 4A: 1. Bell Co. 10-0

Overall, 14 mountain teams are ranked in their respective classes. Good to see the mountain teams in contention for a state title.
I saw that Letcher Central moved up one spot to 9th in the 5A poll
Congratulations to all 14 teams that are representing to mountains. Good Luck to all mountain teams in the playoffs.
Beasts of the East !!!!!!!!!
jammin' jamey Wrote:Overall, 14 mountain teams are ranked in their respective classes. Good to see the mountain teams in contention for a state title.
That'll **ss off the KHSAA...look for a realignment soon.
Big Grin
FOX SPORTS Wrote:That'll **ss off the KHSAA...look for a realignment soon.
Big Grin

Smile
Brooks4Prez Wrote:I saw that Letcher Central moved up one spot to 9th in the 5A poll

Letcher Actually moved up to 8th while PCC moved in at 9th
Roughneck40 Wrote:Letcher Actually moved up to 8th while PCC moved in at 9th
Not in the AP...The AP has LCC at #9 and Johnson Central at #10...PCC is not in the AP poll.
Roughneck40 Wrote:Letcher Actually moved up to 8th while PCC moved in at 9th

That was in the Mountain Top Ten, I'm talking about the AP poll.
Suprised to see Hazard at #1, but that's awesome havin 3 mountain teams at the tops of their class headin into the playoffs.
Redneck Wrote:Suprised to see Hazard at #1, but that's awesome havin 3 mountain teams at the tops of their class headin into the playoffs.

Yeah, Its pretty awesome seeing 3 Mts teams at the top going into the playoffs!
And just to clear it up before anybody jumps on to me. I wasn't knockin Hazard at all, just suprised not seein Beechwood in that #1 slot.
Redneck Wrote:And just to clear it up before anybody jumps on to me. I wasn't knockin Hazard at all, just suprised not seein Beechwood in that #1 slot.

Well Beechwood did lose.
blackcat_student Wrote:Well Beechwood did lose.

Not to any Class A teams. They lost to Cov Cath and New Cath.
Redneck Wrote:To who?

There arch rival, Newport Central Catholic.
Redneck Wrote:To who?
NCC and Cov. Catholic.
blackcat_student Wrote:There arch rival, Newport Central Catholic.

New Cath's not a Class A school anymore and they are ranked #2 in Class AA.
Redneck Wrote:New Cath's not a Class A school anymore and they are ranked #2 in Class AA.

I know this, but a loss is a loss, and Hazard beat a good Lexington Christian team with ease. So after that I think its safe to put Hazard at #1, but I agree with you that Beechwood is the better team.
blackcat_student Wrote:I know this, but a loss is a loss, and Hazard beat a good Lexington Christian team with ease. So after that I think its safe to put Hazard at #1, but I agree with you that Beechwood is the better team.

You're right, a loss is a loss, but look at Louisville Centrals record and look where they are ranked. Just sayin, it shouldn't matter when you lose to better, higher ranked teams.
Congratz to all the mountain teams...except Breathitt!
blitz43 Wrote:Congratz to all the mountain teams...except Breathitt!

You need to let that one go Blitz! Every thread that is started, you find a way to put how bad you hate Breathitt in it. They whipped your team...deal with it and move on. I have took many beatings from Breathitt High School/Sabastian Middle School but I respect them. The do play rough and sometimes do some illegal stuff but that is football, and that is why they have 3 State Titles!
Redneck Wrote:You're right, a loss is a loss, but look at Louisville Centrals record and look where they are ranked. Just sayin, it shouldn't matter when you lose to better, higher ranked teams.

Why shouldnt it count it still goes on your record so why not count it? And that would mean that if you beat a better and bigger school that you didnt count it.
I hope mountain teams clean house in the finals, if any make it there.
RedDevil_TE Wrote:Why shouldnt it count it still goes on your record so why not count it? And that would mean that if you beat a better and bigger school that you didnt count it.

The point is they are undefeated against Class A teams. They were ranked #1 all year longt and because they get beat by two power houses from higher classes they ain't #1 anymore. That's why I brought up Louisville Central. They had lost 2-3 games before Johnson Central and were still ranked #1 in 3A. I'm thrilled for Hazard bein ranked #1, just suprised. The Associated Press loves Beechwood, just didn't figure they would drop them in the rankings for losin to those teams.
wow....mountain football is gonna take some titles this year.

GO PIRATES!!
RedDevil_TE Wrote:Why shouldnt it count it still goes on your record so why not count it? And that would mean that if you beat a better and bigger school that you didnt count it.

it should count but it wont mean as much...pikeville losing to belfry doesnt mean as much as say SC losing to belfry..of course it will count just not mean as much
HazzBeen Wrote:You need to let that one go Blitz! Every thread that is started, you find a way to put how bad you hate Breathitt in it. They whipped your team...deal with it and move on. I have took many beatings from Breathitt High School/Sabastian Middle School but I respect them. The do play rough and sometimes do some illegal stuff but that is football, and that is why they have 3 State Titles!

Congratz to MOST of the mountain teams. Mostly, the one in Eastern Pike Co.:p