Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Bell County @ Rockcastle County 9/30
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Bell County will travel to Rockcastle County this Friday.

Bell County (4-1)
Aug 19, 22 North Laurel home (W) 43 - 35  Short-Redmond Auto Group Pride of the Mountains 
Aug 26, 22 Knox Central away (L) 28 - 32 Appalachian Wireless Bowl 
Sep 9, 22 Lincoln County away (W) 40 - 30 
Sep 16, 22 Whitley County home (W) 38 - 28 
Sep 23, 22 McCreary Central home (W) 56 - 24

Rockcastle County (3-3)
Aug 20, 22 Casey County at Campbellsville (W) 35 - 24 Forcht Bank Bowl 
Aug 26, 22 East Jessamine home (W) 27 - 17 
Sep 2, 22 Wayne County away (L) 0 - 28 
Sep 9, 22 LaRue County away (L) 20 - 44 
Sep 16, 22 South Laurel home (W) 62 - 12 
Sep 23, 22 Estill County away (L) 3 - 7

Series Per KHSAA
Oct 29, 1999 Bell County 19 Rockcastle County 7 District game
Oct 27, 2000 Rockcastle County 26 Bell County 0 (District Game)
Oct 26, 2001 Rockcastle County 34 Bell County 2
Nov 16, 2001 Rockcastle County 28 Bell County 14 2001 Class AAA Football State Tournament Class AAA
Nov 1, 2002 Rockcastle County 14 Bell County 7
Nov 22, 2002 Rockcastle County 31 Bell County 14 2002 Class AAA Football State Tournament
Oct 10, 2003 Bell County 28 Rockcastle County 12
Oct 8, 2004 Bell County 56 Rockcastle County 7
Oct 7, 2005 Bell County 33 Rockcastle County 29
Nov 18, 2005 Rockcastle County 21 Bell County 0 2005 Class AAA Football State Tournament
Oct 6, 2006 Rockcastle County 18 Bell County 14
Nov 10, 2006 Rockcastle County 13 Bell County 0 2006 Class AAA Football State Tournament
Sep 14, 2007 Bell County 24 Rockcastle County 0
Nov 16, 2007 Bell County 35 Rockcastle County 0 2007 Class 4A KHSAA Commonwealth Gridiron Bowl
Sep 19, 2008 Bell County 38 Rockcastle County 0
Nov 21, 2008 Bell County 49 Rockcastle County 7 2008 Class 4A KHSAA Commonwealth Gridiron Bowl
Sep 25, 2009 Bell County 42 Rockcastle County 6 (overtime)
Nov 13, 2009 Bell County 48 Rockcastle County 0 2009 Class 4A KHSAA Commonwealth Gridiron Bowl
Sep 24, 2010 Bell County 55 Rockcastle County 0
Oct 4, 2019 Bell County 39 Rockcastle County 6
Nov 15, 2019 Bell County 39 Rockcastle County 0 2019 Class 3A 2019 UK Orthopaedics/KHSAA Commonwealth Gridiron Bowl
Oct 2, 2020 Rockcastle County 13 Bell County 7
Nov 27, 2020 Bell County 13 Rockcastle County 6 2020 Class 3A 2020 UK Orthopaedics State Football Finals
Oct 1, 2021 Bell County 24 Rockcastle County 0
Nov 12, 2021 Bell County 28 Rockcastle County 8 2021 Class 3A 2021 UK Orthopaedics State Football Finals

https://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/k...6d6a656543

Thoughts?
Always a battle
Bell will crush the the rock.

Bell County 50
Rockcastle County 14
(09-25-2022, 12:00 PM)64SUR Wrote: [ -> ]Bell will crush the the rock.

Bell County 50
Rockcastle County 14
Probably not this bad but Dud will win. Rock offense has disappeared. QB is out for Rock. The name Larkey ain't working.
Bell wins by 14
Bell County 48
Rockcastle 17
Rock has too many problems. Can't be successful until some guys step up and lead.
Bell 35
Rock 21
rock can’t play with us
This game will be a drag out hard hitting tough game for both teams. Rock isn’t where they want to be offensively mainly due to losing their QB. Once he went out Rock has struggled on offensive. Defense has been doing a lot better each week and has looked really good at times but has had their moments in other games. From what I have seen of Bell County their defense isn’t up to their normal standards. They are allowing nearly 200 rushing yards a game and that is right into Rock’s style of play obviously. If Rock can sustain drives and win the time of possession they certainly have more than a punchers chance. Going back to last year’s regular season meeting between the two Bell only scored 3 times and 1 of them was on a scoop and score fumble. Rock had 4 turnovers that game 2 fumbles and 2 interceptions. So far this season turnovers have not been an issue. In the 6 games Rock has had 3 fumbles and 1 interception. Of those fumbles 2 were in the same game against Wayne County and then last week against Estill Rock had the 1 fumble and the 1 interception on the season. So 4 games were turnover free and Rock won 3 out of the 4 games. Rock will need to protect the ball against Bell if they want to have a chance. Rock has rushed for 1467 yards led by Christian Larkey with 794 yards and 10 TD’s. Rock’s defense has allowed 694 rushing yards in 6 games so 104 yards per game. These two teams are very similar and I really don’t believe this game will be a blowout. Rock defense will keep them in it just a matter of if the offense can find a way to score enough points. The offense hasn’t been consistent all year there has been games where it looked like they finally had things figured out and then the following week the offense disappears and you find yourself wondering what happen. If Rock wants to win this game they will have to play mistake free football by protecting the ball and control the time of possession if they can do those two things the defense should be able to slow Bell County down enough to allow the offense at least the chance to score enough to win. If Rock isn’t able to do those things and cough the ball up to Bell then things could get ugly. I know Rock will be ready for the challenge as it’s not only a district game but a rivalry game which means you might as well throw out any records and just strap up because both teams are going to want to win. It’s Rock vs Bell and now Dudley vs Larkey so only thing left is let’s Go Rock!

Rock 20
Bell 14
Rock shouldn't have lost last week. But they did. Will be interesting how the bounce back this week. The rockets are struggling bad on offence, but the play makers are there. it's just we are getting whipped up front every week. Hopefully the line grows up a lot this week or we could be in for a long night. There would be nothing sweeter then sending Dudley back to log mountain with a L one last time.
Bell will win. I’m guessing by at least 3 scores. Rockcastle has some really nice young talent. They’re gonna be fine in the future.
(09-28-2022, 12:32 AM)GreyStoke Wrote: [ -> ]Bell will win. I’m guessing by at least 3 scores. Rockcastle has some really nice young talent. They’re gonna be fine in the future.
You are probably right. Some of that young talent is already on the field. If it is a spanking there may be some more fresh faces. Veterans need to step it up because there are some guys ready to step in for them

(09-28-2022, 12:22 AM)ROCKSOLID69 Wrote: [ -> ]Rock shouldn't have lost last week. But they did. Will be interesting how the bounce back this week. The rockets are struggling bad on offence, but the play makers are there. it's just we are getting whipped up front every week. Hopefully the line grows up a lot this week or we could be in for a long night.  There would be nothing sweeter then sending Dudley back to log mountain with a L one last time.

(09-28-2022, 02:21 AM)oldschool77 Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-28-2022, 12:32 AM)GreyStoke Wrote: [ -> ]Bell will win. I’m guessing by at least 3 scores. Rockcastle has some really nice young talent. They’re gonna be fine in the future.
You are probably right. Some of that young talent is already on the field. If it is a spanking there may be some more fresh faces. Veterans need to step it up because there are some guys ready to step in for them

(09-28-2022, 12:22 AM)ROCKSOLID69 Wrote: [ -> ]Rock shouldn't have lost last week. But they did. Will be interesting how the bounce back this week. The rockets are struggling bad on offence, but the play makers are there. it's just we are getting whipped up front every week. Hopefully the line grows up a lot this week or we could be in for a long night.  There would be nothing sweeter then sending Dudley back to log mountain with a L one last time.
Our O line isn’t what it needs to be. Too many double teams and letting LBs run free. We are playing a freshman that may be as good as any of them. But we limited ourselves so much last week and the RBs have much to blame as the line for the lack of blocking. Everyone seemed to be lost last week. Open receivers dropping balls. Stupid penalties. It needs to mean more to some of these kids. We need some kids to step up and lead. I hope they can find something.
DoRights do what they do, right?

Bell - 35
Rock - 13
(09-27-2022, 12:15 AM)WhomTheBellTolls Wrote: [ -> ]rock can’t play with us
Rock will play with bell imo. They probably won't win.  

Bell 37
Rock 28
(09-28-2022, 11:02 AM)smoke1015 Wrote: [ -> ]

Bell 37
Rock 28
Be a hard fought game smoke always is
Dudley > Larkey as much as some of the Rock fans where hoping differently, this is the reality right now….and I don’t see it changing anytime soon….
(09-28-2022, 12:01 PM)BobcatForever Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-28-2022, 11:02 AM)smoke1015 Wrote: [ -> ]

Bell 37
Rock 28
Be a hard fought game smoke always is
It's weird how some teams can be a lot better one year, but the game can still be tough. I think Bell does many things style wise that Rock does, but just do it better. Rock I think will be really up again in 2 years, and Bell will always be competitive no matter how much others hate Dudley. From a distance I like the guy and respect the heck out of his success. I remember the strongest player we ever had, total weight numbers got lifted up in a game with Bell on Log Mountain, your kid drove our kid (our kid squatted 605), from 20 yards out, and I swear to you, pancaked him in the back of the endzone on the way to a Bell score. I forget the Bell kids name, but if I recall you guys won state that year, or were semi finalists. This dude was a flippen MONSTER.
When you look at the years rockcastle beats bell, they have a player that is unstoppable at his position. This year they do not have that person and bell has 3 or 4. Bell wins, comfortable first half and then rock climbs back late on a struggling young defense.

bell 36
rock 22
(09-28-2022, 10:48 PM)TD Hounds Wrote: [ -> ]Dudley > Larkey as much as some of the Rock fans where hoping differently, this is the reality right now….and I don’t see it changing anytime soon….
I have to disagree with you on that one hound. The entire culture has already been changing. The support is their. Cars are back parking all the way to the save a lot across the street which if you have ever been there it takes a lot off people to do that. The stands are shoulder to shoulder every home game and the crowds are every larger for the away games then before. The JV is 5-0. Hasn’t happen in a long time. Elementary and Middle school programs are well over 100 little one’s that have came out this year which is more than double the Parkey era. He has the support of the Athletic director and ample time to turn things around. People forget this will take time to achieve it will not happen over night. We all want success right now and every week but the program was in shambles when he took over. Rock football will come back and it won’t take all that long all the pieces are here and let’s face it Chris Larkey has his dad Tom and Coach Saylor at every game and practice supporting everything he does which coach Saylor has always been around he only left because him and the old coach Parkey couldn’t get along. Let’s not forget Tom Larkey at Rockcastle County had a winning record against Bell no reason to believe his son won’t due the same thing especially considering he already did beat Bell last year with a NL program who was ahead of schedule.
Bell County. 35-6.
(09-29-2022, 07:31 PM)pjdoug Wrote: [ -> ]Bell County. 35-6.
Lol come on now Dougie 6? Every team Bell has faced has scored at least 24 points on their defense and you give us 6? Come on now even your Whitley County team scored 28 in defeat. Whitley even had almost 200 rushing yards in that game and only have 800 on the season! Rock has more rushing yards than Bell does. But it’s cool it will all be settled tomorrow and the score will certainly not be 35-6. Rock rush defense is actually the bread and butter of the team so we will see I don’t think either team scores more than 3 TD unless the other coughs up the ball.
(09-29-2022, 07:01 PM)SmashMouth17 Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-28-2022, 10:48 PM)TD Hounds Wrote: [ -> ]Dudley > Larkey as much as some of the Rock fans where hoping differently, this is the reality right now….and I don’t see it changing anytime soon….
I have to disagree with you on that one hound. The entire culture has already been changing. The support is their. Cars are back parking all the way to the save a lot across the street which if you have ever been there it takes a lot off people to do that. The stands are shoulder to shoulder every home game and the crowds are every larger for the away games then before. The JV is 5-0. Hasn’t happen in a long time. Elementary and Middle school programs are well over 100 little one’s that have came out this year which is more than double the Parkey era. He has the support of the Athletic director and ample time to turn things around. People forget this will take time to achieve it will not happen over night. We all want success right now and every week but the program was in shambles when he took over. Rock football will come back and it won’t take all that long all the pieces are here and let’s face it Chris Larkey has his dad Tom and Coach Saylor at every game and practice supporting everything he does which coach Saylor has always been around he only left because him and the old coach Parkey couldn’t get along. Let’s not forget Tom Larkey at Rockcastle County had a winning record against Bell no reason to believe his son won’t due the same thing especially considering he already did beat Bell last year with a NL program who was ahead of schedule.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, I didn’t say that Larkey didn’t have the Rock fan base energized, I’d already heard there where kids coming out that had never played before.  Listen it’s not easy for me to say, I’m no Dudley fan at all, I mean AT ALL however the results speak for themselves, he’s already had Bell back to the title game since he returned.  Chris Larkey just isn’t the coach that Dudley Hilton is as it stands, can he change that perception? possibly but he’s gonna have to pack his lunch, barley beating Dudley with a more talented North Laurel squad is not nearly as impressive as a win will be Friday night, good luck Rockets…
(09-29-2022, 08:26 PM)TD Hounds Wrote: [ -> ]

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, I didn’t say that Larkey didn’t have the Rock fan base energized, I’d already heard there where kids coming out that had never played before.  Listen it’s not easy for me to say, I’m no Dudley fan at all, I mean AT ALL however the results speak for themselves, he’s already had Bell back to the title game since he returned.  Chris Larkey just isn’t the coach that Dudley Hilton is as it stands, can he change that perception? possibly but he’s gonna have to pack his lunch, barley beating Dudley with a more talented North Laurel squad is not nearly as impressive as a win will be Friday night, good luck Rockets…
I get what your saying and I respect your opinion. But just as you said everyone does have an opinion and that’s whats so great about living in America we can respectfully agree to disagree. I never said Chris is a better coach than Dudley especially at the moment but Dudley has been coaching for nearly as long as Chris has been alive that’s once again like comparing apples to oranges however I do think Chris will be a great coach and he is abosutely a great fit for Rockcastle football. Like he said on day 1 he will rebuild Rockcastle football back to where we used to be and like he told the team Rock football will be rebuilt with or without them and has shown tough love and hard work within the entire team. Some couldn’t handle it and didn’t make the team others are stepping up and trying to be what they need to be. The state of the program was ran down when he took over in 15 years never made it out of the second round of the playoffs and for some reason that was considered successful while the entire fan base disagreed entirely. It is a rebuild period one that many could say will end of being from the ashes approach and we fully support him and stand behind him 100% the fans wanted him hired here before but with strong politics and an athletic director who wanted nothing good to happen with the football team stood in the way. All the resources were going to other athletics and football wasn’t a priority like it was for Tom back in the day. Now that has changed along with everything else and like I said all the pieces are in place and now Chris will have to put them all together for the final product. When football is good/great around the region ie Corbin Bell Boyle Rock all Somerset schools NL etc it’s better for high school football in general and I believe we will be back. Let’s be honest if we hadn’t lost our QB early in the game against Wayne we wouldn’t be 3-3 and most would be saying we’re heading in the right direction and as it stands right now we should be getting him back before the season is over and if we do we are still capable of winning several more games. Besides he is only a junior and him along with Christian Larkey our leading RB will both be back next year.
(09-29-2022, 08:24 PM)SmashMouth17 Wrote: [ -> ]
Lol come on now Dougie 6? Every team Bell has faced has scored at least 24 points on their defense and you give us 6? Come on now even your Whitley County team scored 28 in defeat. Whitley even had almost 200 rushing yards in that game and only have 800 on the season! Rock has more rushing yards than Bell does. But it’s cool it will all be settled tomorrow and the score will certainly not be 35-6. Rock rush defense is actually the bread and butter of the team so we will see I don’t think either team scores more than 3 TD unless the other coughs up the ball.

I was being generous. Your team only scored 3 points against a weak Estill County team. Quit whining and accept defeat. lol
Bell 28. Rock 24
(09-29-2022, 08:48 PM)SmashMouth17 Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-29-2022, 08:26 PM)TD Hounds Wrote: [ -> ]

I get what your saying and I respect your opinion. But just as you said everyone does have an opinion and that’s whats so great about living in America we can respectfully agree to disagree. I never said Chris is a better coach than Dudley especially at the moment but Dudley has been coaching for nearly as long as Chris has been alive that’s once again like comparing apples to oranges however I do think Chris will be a great coach and he is abosutely a great fit for Rockcastle football. Like he said on day 1 he will rebuild Rockcastle football back to where we used to be and like he told the team Rock football will be rebuilt with or without them and has shown tough love and hard work within the entire team. Some couldn’t handle it and didn’t make the team others are stepping up and trying to be what they need to be. The state of the program was ran down when he took over in 15 years never made it out of the second round of the playoffs and for some reason that was considered successful while the entire fan base disagreed entirely. It is a rebuild period one that many could say will end of being from the ashes approach and we fully support him and stand behind him 100% the fans wanted him hired here before but with strong politics and an athletic director who wanted nothing good to happen with the football team stood in the way. All the resources were going to other athletics and football wasn’t a priority like it was for Tom back in the day. Now that has changed along with everything else and like I said all the pieces are in place and now Chris will have to put them all together for the final product. When football is good/great around the region ie Corbin Bell Boyle Rock all Somerset schools NL etc it’s better for high school football in general and I believe we will be back. Let’s be honest if we hadn’t lost our QB early in the game against Wayne we wouldn’t be 3-3 and most would be saying we’re heading in the right direction and as it stands right now we should be getting him back before the season is over and if we do we are still capable of winning several more games. Besides he is only a junior and him along with Christian Larkey our leading RB will both be back next year.

Larkey can't beat where Dudley has been.
(09-29-2022, 10:11 PM)pjdoug Wrote: [ -> ]

I was being generous. Your team only scored 3 points against a weak Estill County team. Quit whining and accept defeat. lol

Lmao accept defeat? Game hasn’t even been played yet so I will very heavily decline accepting anything especially “defeat” until it gets settled on Friday night. My comment last week may have been wrong about you dougie maybe you are more Colonel than a rocket for sure with that talk ha lol only teasing but don’t get it twisted we would never say “looks like we might as well take defeat this week” that’s just absurd. As a Rocket we strap up and get as gritty as possible. Yea last week the offense looked about as bad as it could have and was probably the worst I had seen not only this year but for some time and we laid a big ol egg well 3 to be exact but it’s in no way indicative of how we normally are on offense. We aren’t flashy an spread you out an have all the glitter and glame but we will line up and punch you right in the mouth over and over again and it won’t be long until Chris Larkey gets this program back to where it used to be. So I get it and I will say this and it’s not directed at you dougie but for anyone who doubts or has talked negatively about Chris Larkey in general I’ve seen it on here for many years basically ever since he became a head football coach at NL you all should really enjoy this time and all the cheap shots and little jabs of comments your making about him and most don’t even know him personally like I do but it’s cool we can most certainly handle it because we all know here in Rockcastle County what is coming we see it everyday on the practice field in the locker room in the weigh room and during film session sundays after church. Not to mention it trickles to every players life off the field throughout the entire community but it won’t be long until no one will be able to say anything other than  “Looks like we are playing Rockcastle and we all better strap up extra tight because things are about to get as physical as they can and if our straps aren’t tight enough they will get knocked off” or as you said it “We might as well accept defeat because we already know we can’t do anything about it but lose” but back to last week I will say this about the Estill county game besides the obvious that we all know and feel here in Rockcastle that we felt like we should have won that game pretty handily and for some reason it just didn’t go that way but if we meet them again in the playoffs the outcome will be that the Rock ended the Engineers season and you can bookmark that statement  and come back to it after that rematch game but maybe part of the loss was we got caught looking ahead to this week or who knows regardless we can’t change the result of last weeks game but we most certainly will use it for fuel for the Bell County game. In my opinion Rock needs to control the clock run the ball effectively and if the defense plays as good as last week and we don’t beat ourself we can do what no one on here seems to think Chris is capable of doing and that is sending Dudley back to log mountain with the LOSS last time Bell came here two years ago it happened no reason it can’t tomorrow too. Good luck to Bell it’s about to get gritty Let’s go Rock!
(09-29-2022, 11:52 PM)SmashMouth17 Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-29-2022, 10:11 PM)pjdoug Wrote: [ -> ]

Lmao accept defeat? Game hasn’t even been played yet so I will very heavily decline accepting anything especially “defeat” until it gets settled on Friday night. My comment last week may have been wrong about you dougie maybe you are more Colonel than a rocket for sure with that talk ha lol only teasing but don’t get it twisted we would never say “looks like we might as well take defeat this week” that’s just absurd. As a Rocket we strap up and get as gritty as possible. Yea last week the offense looked about as bad as it could have and was probably the worst I had seen not only this year but for some time and we laid a big ol egg well 3 to be exact but it’s in no way indicative of how we normally are on offense. We aren’t flashy an spread you out an have all the glitter and glame but we will line up and punch you right in the mouth over and over again and it won’t be long until Chris Larkey gets this program back to where it used to be. So I get it and I will say this and it’s not directed at you dougie but for anyone who doubts or has talked negatively about Chris Larkey in general I’ve seen it on here for many years basically ever since he became a head football coach at NL you all should really enjoy this time and all the cheap shots and little jabs of comments your making about him and most don’t even know him personally like I do but it’s cool we can most certainly handle it because we all know here in Rockcastle County what is coming we see it everyday on the practice field in the locker room in the weigh room and during film session sundays after church. Not to mention it trickles to every players life off the field throughout the entire community but it won’t be long until no one will be able to say anything other than  “Looks like we are playing Rockcastle and we all better strap up extra tight because things are about to get as physical as they can and if our straps aren’t tight enough they will get knocked off” or as you said it “We might as well accept defeat because we already know we can’t do anything about it but lose” but back to last week I will say this about the Estill county game besides the obvious that we all know and feel here in Rockcastle that we felt like we should have won that game pretty handily and for some reason it just didn’t go that way but if we meet them again in the playoffs the outcome will be that the Rock ended the Engineers season and you can bookmark that statement  and come back to it after that rematch game but maybe part of the loss was we got caught looking ahead to this week or who knows regardless we can’t change the result of last weeks game but we most certainly will use it for fuel for the Bell County game. In my opinion Rock needs to control the clock run the ball effectively and if the defense plays as good as last week and we don’t beat ourself we can do what no one on here seems to think Chris is capable of doing and that is sending Dudley back to log mountain with the LOSS last time Bell came here two years ago it happened no reason it can’t tomorrow too. Good luck to Bell it’s about to get gritty Let’s go Rock!
Let all the pain and suffering go,  and accept truth that Dudley is superior and you can't beat him, so you can begin the recovery process. lol
How much is a bunch? Anyways, give me Bell by at least a bunch.

Bell- 35
Rock- 7
Pages: 1 2