Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Middlesboro @ Breathitt County 9/30
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Middlesboro will travel to Breathitt County this Friday. 

Middlesboro (4-2)
Aug 19, 22 Hazard away (L) 24 - 42 
Aug 26, 22 Williamsburg away (L) 21 - 22 
Sep 2, 22 Garrard County home (W) 49 - 26 
Sep 9, 22 Lynn Camp away (W) 57 - 0 
Sep 16, 22 Harlan home (W) 21 - 20 
Sep 23, 22 Morgan County away (W) 48 - 0  Sorghum Bowl

Breathitt County (3-2)
Aug 19, 22 Magoffin County home (W) 43 - 0 
Aug 26, 22 Powell County away (W) 28 - 6 
Sep 2, 22 Hazard home (W) 29 - 27 
Sep 9, 22 Perry County Central away (L) 26 - 28 
Sep 16, 22 Letcher County Central away (L) 21 - 32

Series Per KHSAA
Aug 21, 1998 Middlesboro 46 Breathitt County 24
Oct 22, 1999 Middlesboro 42 Breathitt County 41 District game
Nov 19, 1999 Middlesboro 44 Breathitt County 37 1999 Class AA Tournament Quarter Finals Class AA
Oct 20, 2000 Breathitt County 50 Middlesboro 34 (District Game)
Oct 24, 2003 Middlesboro 42 Breathitt County 14
Oct 22, 2004 Breathitt County 48 Middlesboro 7
Oct 21, 2005 Middlesboro 42 Breathitt County 36 (triple overtime)
Oct 20, 2006 Middlesboro 57 Breathitt County 42
Sep 27, 2019 Breathitt County 57 Middlesboro 7
Nov 15, 2019 Breathitt County 50 Middlesboro 15 2019 Class 2A 2019 UK Orthopaedics/KHSAA Commonwealth Gridiron Bowl
Oct 2, 2020 Breathitt County 35 Middlesboro 20
Sep 24, 2021 Middlesboro 52 Breathitt County 30
Nov 12, 2021 Middlesboro 43 Breathitt County 33 2021 Class 2A 2021 UK Orthopaedics State Football Finals

https://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/k...6b6a656543

Thoughts?
Bobcats big!!

Breathitt County 49
Middlesboro 19
Breathitt County
Breathitt County 35
Middlesboro 07
This should be for the District title. I'll go with my Bobcats in this one especially being on the Riverbank. I think the Bye week come at a perfect time for Breathitt following 2 rough road losses.
I'll go 33-23 Breathitt
I think Breathitt needs to get Hoskins more involved offensively, if they want to win a playoff game or 2, they will win this one regardless though.

Breathitt 38
Middlesboro 26
(09-25-2022, 04:35 PM)Ole-glory Wrote: [ -> ]I think Breathitt needs to get Hoskins more involved offensively, if they want to win a playoff game or 2, they will win this one regardless though.

Breathitt 38
Middlesboro 26
I think Breathitt takes this one also but tell me, who would they probably face in the playoffs if they are District Champs? I know it's different this year.
(09-25-2022, 04:41 PM)Slim one Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-25-2022, 04:35 PM)Ole-glory Wrote: [ -> ]I think Breathitt needs to get Hoskins more involved offensively, if they want to win a playoff game or 2, they will win this one regardless though.

Breathitt 38
Middlesboro 26
I think Breathitt takes this one also but tell me, who would they probably face in the playoffs if they are District Champs? I know it's different this year.
Not 100%.  But I’d they win the district, I think they’d probably play east ridge if the season ended today.  May be wrong, and I’m sure someone will correct me ?
(09-25-2022, 05:02 PM)Ole-glory Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-25-2022, 04:41 PM)Slim one Wrote: [ -> ]

Breathitt 38
Middlesboro 26
Not 100%.  But I’d they win the district, I think they’d probably play east ridge if the season ended today.  May be wrong, and I’m sure someone will correct me ?
Yesire, i was thinking it'd be them or possibly Betsy Lane.
Jackets find a way…

MHS - 35
BCHS - 27
If Breathitt wins, they get the 4 seed out of this district first round.

District 8 – Bath County, East Ridge, Martin County, Prestonsburg, Shelby Valley, West Carter
Boobcats win
jackets own the bobcats it will take more than the home cooking they do there to beat middlesboro
Breathitt 35 Middlesboro 21
Breathitt County 34   Middlesboro 19
Middleboro has to much speed for breathitt young defense.

Middleboro-28
Breathitt-20

Also funny thinking this is the "District Championship Game" keep sleeping.
If the bobcats play like they did against Hazard then the Jackets will be in for a long night but if the bobcats play like they have in the second half of the last two weeks..... it will be long a night for them. 

The river bank is not an easy place to win at.

BCHS- 35
MHS- 20
Breathitt gets the nod at home
BCHS 35
MHS 24
(09-25-2022, 11:50 PM)4ever witness Wrote: [ -> ]Middleboro has to much speed for breathitt young defense.

Middleboro-28
Breathitt-20

Who do you think in this district is going to take the championship if not the winner of this game?

Morgan Co has 1 win against what may be the worst team in the state in Jackson Co 

Leslie Co has 2 wins against opponents who are 1-11.
https://t.co/9tGzatR5EV
This is last weeks show. Where we talk about the football schools in the 14th region and this weeks game with BHS vs. MHS.
New show coming out sometime this week. Thanks!
Can someone give me a history lesson? What was middlesboro’s downfall, or the cause of it? They use to be a solid team year in and year out. Did the coach leave? Talent issue? I use to love our old games with them.
Middlesboro went 13-1 last year and won a regional championship. How did Corbin do in the post season?
(09-26-2022, 12:07 PM)BUCK_WILD Wrote: [ -> ]Middlesboro went 13-1 last year and won a regional championship.  How did Corbin do in the post season?

Smile Don't bring that up again.......
(09-26-2022, 11:27 AM)wolfcat Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-25-2022, 11:50 PM)4ever witness Wrote: [ -> ]Middleboro has to much speed for breathitt young defense.

Middleboro-28
Breathitt-20

Who do you think in this district is going to take the championship if not the winner of this game?

Morgan Co has 1 win against what may be the worst team in the state in Jackson Co 

Leslie Co has 2 wins against opponents who are 1-11.
None of them are world beaters...
Breathitt win against Hazard impressive, but beating Powell 1 Win(Bath) and Magoffin 2 Wins (including Knott)
Middlesboro win over Harlan ok, but wins over Garrad(1 win) Lynn Camp 2 wins (Jellico and Jackson Co.) and Morgan 1 win (Jackson Co.)
Leslie laid an egg against Martin, played Clay tough in a shootout and Williamsburg the same.. I think annointing anyone right now is a bit premature..
Breathitt by 2 TD’s
(09-26-2022, 12:07 PM)BUCK_WILD Wrote: [ -> ]Middlesboro went 13-1 last year and won a regional championship.  How did Corbin do in the post season?
Hahah. Nice one buddy. And in case you didn’t know what I meant, what was it from like 15-18’ they won’t a total of 5 games??? So again feel free to answer. They use to be dominant year in ans year out.
(09-26-2022, 11:32 AM)Hound05 Wrote: [ -> ]Can someone give me a history lesson? What was middlesboro’s downfall, or the cause of it? They use to be a solid team year in and year out. Did the coach leave? Talent issue? I use to love our old games with them.
I'm from Middlesboro and my son played during the 1-10 and 2-9 seasons.  To be honest they had some talent but absolutely no discipline.  The Indians ran the reservation not the chiefs.  Pride left the Boro and alot of pride is still gone.  I'm not gonna say the talent level is any better now than it was a few years ago even last year.

The biggest help for Middlesboro has been dropping Bell, not playing in the LCA district anymore and dropping alot of the 4 and 5A schools they were playing for the Lynn Camps of the world, in other words much easier schedule and district.  And also French is a much better coach than Massengill even though I like Massengill as a person and he is a good coach just not a head coach IMO.  It just seems like these days there just isn't a whole lot of people that care and its sad.  Overall numbers are way down from years past, it just goes back to pride

Last year was a great year and LCA was loaded and couldve beaten Middlesboro 100 if they wanted to and IMO if they were in LCA district last yr we wouldve finished last.  Its gotten better around here but its nowhere even close to the late 90s and early 2000s.

And to predict a score i thin Breathitt wins this game on the line of scrimmage

Gonna say 34-21 Breathitt. I believe it will be a good game but this year Breathitt will win the trenches and that will be the difference
(09-26-2022, 09:34 PM)tazcat Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-26-2022, 11:32 AM)Hound05 Wrote: [ -> ]Can someone give me a history lesson? What was middlesboro’s downfall, or the cause of it? They use to be a solid team year in and year out. Did the coach leave? Talent issue? I use to love our old games with them.
I'm from Middlesboro and my son played during the 1-10 and 2-9 seasons.  To be honest they had some talent but absolutely no discipline.  The Indians ran the reservation not the chiefs.  Pride left the Boro and alot of pride is still gone.  I'm not gonna say the talent level is any better now than it was a few years ago even last year.

The biggest help for Middlesboro has been dropping Bell, not playing in the LCA district anymore and dropping alot of the 4 and 5A schools they were playing for the Lynn Camps of the world, in other words much easier schedule and district.  And also French is a much better coach than Massengill even though I like Massengill as a person and he is a good coach just not a head coach IMO.  It just seems like these days there just isn't a whole lot of people that care and its sad.  Overall numbers are way down from years past, it just goes back to pride

Last year was a great year and LCA was loaded and couldve beaten Middlesboro 100 if they wanted to and IMO if they were in LCA district last yr we wouldve finished last.  Its gotten better around here but its nowhere even close to the late 90s and early 2000s.
Ahh man. Hate to hear that. Hopefully the energy, excitement, pride comes back. Yea i like French as a coach as well. He’s done pretty good throughout his career. Rumor a couple years ago was he was coming to Corbin to be a DC. But it probably wasn’t true. Programs have their highs and low some more often than not, but everyone has. We had ours early 2010s. When we’d go 5-5 or 6-4 and lose after the 2nd round. Luckily we got a coach that generated his own excitement and then the money started flowing back in, then the people. Hope it goes well for you guys.
(09-26-2022, 09:34 PM)tazcat Wrote: [ -> ]

And to predict a score i thin Breathitt wins this game on the line of scrimmage

Gonna say 34-21 Breathitt. I believe it will be a good game but this year Breathitt will win the trenches and that will be the difference
I always liked French and he seems to run a tight ship as far as player discipline and what he allows his players to get away with. I had a cousin that played for him when he was at Meade County and they were normally a tough out every year. I remember one year watching them beat St. X and man that place went crazy.
Breathitt is coming off a much needed bye week, after playing three tough opponents and two being on the road. Breathitt needs to get back to running the ball, and this will take a lot of pressure off of Bryant. Overall, Bryant has played well, but during the second half of games, it seems he isn't as comfortable and at time they are becoming to reliant on the pass. Breathitt is built as a run first team, but they have the athletes to be able to spread the ball around and keep defenses honest. Defensively, they are getting better, but they still seem to struggle against a mobile quarterback. Middlesboro shouldn't be taken lightly. They did lose a lot off of last years regional championship team, but they have enough athletes to keep this game close. Breathitt needs to come out and put them away early, because, Breathitt hasn't played well over the past couple of weeks in the second half. I believe Breathitt will be rested and ready to go. Breathitt wins 35-21.
Pages: 1 2