Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Raceland 48 Greenup County 28
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Final
Congrats to Raceland. Sounds like they were able to take care of business in the second half at least.
We gotta stop playing defense like we do. We over play all the time. We leave the middle of the field wide open and if a back breaks a run for five yards he’s going to the house cause we play with all 11 at the line of scrimmage. I don’t understand this style of defense at all
Congratulations Raceland!!!
We out scored Greenup 27-8 after halftime and seem to have made the necessary defensive adjustments to shut Greenup down. Greenup came out swinging in the first half and gave the Rams all they wanted and I think Raceland underestimated them. Hopefully this game was a wake up call for the Rams to show up on every game. After seeing Pikeville destroy LCA I think they are the clear favorite in 1A and Raceland is a distance 2nd place. The Rams are a tough team but I think tonight showed that 1A is a 1 team race at this point in the season.
Was the kid for Greenup kicked out? It was in the first quarter and I believe he got two flags thrown on him. It looked like he was mouthing the ref cause there wasn’t even a Raceland kid around. He took off his helmet and went to the sidelines
(09-23-2022, 11:16 PM)RAMDAD50 Wrote: [ -> ]Was the kid for Greenup kicked out? It was in the first quarter and I believe he got two flags thrown on him. It looked like he was mouthing the ref cause there wasn’t even a Raceland kid around. He took off his helmet and went to the sidelines

From what I heard on the radio broadcast he was booted.
I have no idea what happened. However, 16th region football officiating is horrendous. Is the blind son of an older official with the baggy pants and white socks still being given varsity games?
(09-23-2022, 11:16 PM)RAMDAD50 Wrote: [ -> ]Was the kid for Greenup kicked out? It was in the first quarter and I believe he got two flags thrown on him. It looked like he was mouthing the ref cause there wasn’t even a Raceland kid around. He took off his helmet and went to the sidelines
That kind of behavior starts at home. If that was his actions then he needed to be booted. Btw, congrats on the win Rams.
If I’m being totally honest. If we don’t get better at defending the read option Pikeville may have a 1000 yards rushing against us.
Congratulations to the Rams
Wow!!!!!!!!!
I can’t believe the world beater Lambs allowed the lowly GC to stay in this game. Everyone expected a running clock at the half. And the arrogance is the funniest part. No credit to a bunch of gritty kids that gave the lambs all they wanted till they just ran out of gas. Wasn’t even supposed to be a game, so I gotta ask. How good the lambs really are
Congratulations Raceland good win.
(09-24-2022, 12:43 AM)Beagle1 Wrote: [ -> ]Wow!!!!!!!!!
I can’t believe the world beater Lambs allowed the lowly GC to stay in this game.  Everyone expected a running clock at the half.  And the arrogance is the funniest part.  No credit to a bunch of gritty kids that gave the lambs all they wanted till they just ran out of gas.  Wasn’t even supposed to be a game, so I gotta ask.    How good the lambs really are
You mad bro
(09-24-2022, 12:49 AM)FootballGuy Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-24-2022, 12:43 AM)Beagle1 Wrote: [ -> ]Wow!!!!!!!!!
I can’t believe the world beater Lambs allowed the lowly GC to stay in this game.  Everyone expected a running clock at the half.  And the arrogance is the funniest part.  No credit to a bunch of gritty kids that gave the lambs all they wanted till they just ran out of gas.  Wasn’t even supposed to be a game, so I gotta ask.    How good the lambs really are
You mad bro

Well, it was said that Raceland's water boys were better than Greenup's varsity players, so he has a point.
It should have been a running clock game. This is what Raceland needs to change. Can’t be asleep at the wheel against good teams.
Greenup's definitely overachieved this year. They have a real chance at contending for a district title and possibly even getting to the regional finals. Other than the loss to Boyd County they've beaten who they've supposed to and have a great win over Lawrence County.

They got to do something about the visitor's seating if, and it is certainly an if, they are going to host a playoff game. That not being finished in time for the season could really cost them if they do advance that far.
Why would I be mad? GC had absolutely no chance at rushing for 100 yards and the Sammons kid wasn’t even supposed to be noticed!!!!!! The arrogance is laughable

Just don’t understand how a championship caliber team lets a bunch of scrubs hang around in a gimme game? Did GC suit up the water boys from lambland?
(09-24-2022, 01:07 AM)Beagle1 Wrote: [ -> ]Why would I be mad?  GC had absolutely no chance at rushing for 100 yards and the Sammons kid wasn’t even supposed to be noticed!!!!!!  The arrogance is laughable
I’ll take a bad night for our QB and play calling with a 20 point win. I was just confused by Greenup onside kicking, fake punting, and going for it on their own side of the field multiple times.
Why not when your outmatched at every aspect of the game your not supposed to be competitive in. Take chances, your supposed to lose big anyway. Because GC was playing the juggernauts from Lambland
Greenup may be the favorite in their district at this point. This game was much closer than the score indicates. I honestly hope Raceland can win the state, but it’s looking less likely with each passing week comparing the Rams and Pikeville. Hopefully Raceland can get something out of their Lawrence County game at the end of the season.
Let me guess Raceland scored 48 in the first two minutes and the middle school team played in the 4th to allow Greenup to score a few to maybe stay on the schedule next year?
My god you Greenup people are something else. You were nowhere to be found to defend the Musketeers when I was running my mouth lol. So you obviously felt the same way alot of us did before the game was played.

Tyson did a great job running the offense. Henderson was solid as well. The difference in GC this year is surprising. Moore has done a good job in the offseason apparently, because that was the most physical GC offensive line I have seen in awhile, maybe ever. We were "outscouted" early on, imo. A defense that is as fast as Racelands, can be susceptible to over persuit. We lived in GCs backfield all night. But lack of patience hurt us.

Like RAD said, if we dont get better at defending the read option, we are going to fall short of the goal.

All of that being said, I am glad this gsme wasnt a walk in the park. We need to be in these types of games every week if we want to get better.

FTH exposed where we needed to improve in some aspects, GC has done the same. What I liked was the ability we have shown, yet again, to make adjustments in the second half. But we have got to be able to make the adjustments quicker, imo. Good luck to GC the rest of the way. I will eat my crow as well, Tyson is a legit blue-collar playmaker.
The turning point in this game was going for it on 4th down on their own 30 yard line, only down 7 with a ton of time left in the game. Could not believe that call.
(09-24-2022, 07:57 AM)that's right Wrote: [ -> ]The turning point in this game was going for it on 4th down on their own 30 yard line, only down 7 with a ton of time left in the game.  Could not believe that call.
I agree. Idk ….maybe GC coaches felt they needed to match Raceland score for score to have a chance at the end of the game? Greenup played very hard and they should be proud of the effort they gave tonight. Hopefully they go on and win the district this year….I’ll be pulling for them. As far as all you cry babies….learn to have fun on a message board. This week could’ve been fun in here like the Raceland Taintsville thread is every year but I guess you guys don’t understand how to play the game.
Speaking of "good fun" statements, I do want to claim vindication of my statement about Tyson Sammons being the best player on the field. Leading rusher in the game on both sides with 121 yards rushing and 1 TD, leading passer in the game with 98 yards passing, 2 2-point conversions converted, and a 30-yard interception return for another TD. I don't know his number of tackles because Greenup doesn't have them in the KHSAA site yet.

Has this guy slipped through the cracks of the Raceland recruiting office? His last name is even the same as the Rams head coach. Isn't there some relation that could be mined there?

In all seriousness, he is a really good player and like Scotty said, if Greenup can continue to feed their offensive line whatever diet they've been on and keep them in the weight room under whoever takes over as their coach next season, the Musketeers are going to be a challenge for any area teams over the next 2 years.

Some programs are meant to take the hard road all the time, though.

Isn't it just like Greenup to finally have a solid football team again and then lose Brady Howard before their biggest games of the year, the Raceland game and the district games?

And isn't it just like Greenup to finally look like they're turning their ship around only to know the head coach who is doing so has already announced he won't be the head coach next year?

Always a struggle.
Greenup was much better than expected. It was the first time in a while that they looked like a varsity football team. They were well coached and looked more prepared than Raceland.
It is unfortunate for them that their best coach since Maynard is leaving at the end of the year. They could have the potential to make some noise if he stuck around. Hope it wasn't Greenup politics that is forcing him to leave.
(09-24-2022, 10:11 AM)16thregioner Wrote: [ -> ]Has this guy slipped through the cracks of the Raceland recruiting office?  His last name is even the same as the Rams head coach.  Isn't there some relation that could be mined there? 
Can't be related. Last names spelled differently. It's Mike Salmons and Tyson Sammons. 
It was like a Sammons family reunion last night.
One thing i am atarting to notice with this Raceland team is, no, we dont have one guy that is a house call at any given time offensively. But we have done a good job this year at sharing the wealth. As the year goes on, our depth is our "it" factor. Its going to take a collective effort to get where we want to be though. Pikeville put everyone on notice last night.
(09-24-2022, 02:44 PM)Scotty_Bronson Wrote: [ -> ]One thing i am atarting to notice with this Raceland team is, no, we dont have one guy that is a house call at any given time offensively. But we have done a good job this year at sharing the wealth. As the year goes on, our depth is our "it" factor. Its going to take a collective effort to get where we want to be though. Pikeville put everyone on notice last night.
I don’t think LCA is very good at all this year. I believe they have been a disappointment to this point of the season. Definitely not downplaying Pikeville because Raceland has nothing for them. I agree with the depth but I’ve begun to wonder who the leader is on our team? If you don’t have that man on your team do you have a leader on the field? Does Raceland have an extension of the coaches on the field ?? I haven’t seen it yet. Not taking anything away from Greenup cause those boys played hard last night, but most of the Rams went the rough the motions for 3 quarters. Raceland was in noway ready to play last night and the defensive game plan left me scratching my head. It was just horrible
Pages: 1 2