Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 4A: Who is the top dog?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Well we are at the midway point of the season and the RPI is about to come out before long...Lets get the party started,  Who do you like so far... Smile

Boyle 
Johnson Central 
Corbin 
Lexington Catholic
Franklin County
Central
Boyle and Corbin

JC and LCA are sneaky
Boyle co. Rebels and it ain’t even close
1. Boyle County
2. Corbin
3. Lexington Catholic
4. Johnson Central
5. Franklin County
6. Central
corbin
(09-18-2022, 04:17 PM)WhomTheBellTolls Wrote: [ -> ]corbin

BellTolls has said it from the beginning........10-0 or 9-1... Its going to be 10-0 and then 12-0......3rd Round is the big ? But I have to say, BellTolls definately guessed the regualr season right... Smile
1-Boyle
2-Corbin
2- Lexington Catholic

Big gap

the rest of 4A
Now, based on performance to date:

1. Boyle (5-0)
2. Corbin (5-0)
3. Lexington Catholic (4-1)
4. Johnson Central  (3-2)
5. Franklin County (1-4)
6. Logan County (4-1)
7. Central (2-3)

My projected end of regular season strength:

1. Boyle (9-1)
2. Johnson Central (8-2)
3. Corbin (10-0)
4. Lexington Catholic (8-2)
5. Franklin County (6-4)
6. (tie) Central (5-5)
7. Logan County (8-2)

I'm not an expert on RPI calculations, so I am not sure how a loss to Frederick Douglas would impact Boyle's RPI vs. Corbin's RPI. I believe that Johnson Central will probably finish with either the 4th or 5th best RPI, so they will end up playing either Boyle or Corbin on the road. Logan County is improved over last season but I still think that Franklin County will win in the west. Whoever wins the east is going to be a heavy favorite in the finals, assuming that I understand how the playoff system works this year.
(09-18-2022, 04:45 PM)Jack Lambert Wrote: [ -> ]1-Boyle
2-Corbin
2- Lexington Catholic

Big gap

the rest of 4A
This is not the first time I have heard Boyle County supporters underestimate Johnson Central and it probably will not be the last either.
Boyle then everyone else …….
(09-18-2022, 04:19 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: [ -> ]

BellTolls has said it from the beginning........10-0 or 9-1... Its going to be 10-0 and then 12-0......3rd Round is the big ? But I have to say, BellTolls definately guessed the regualr season right... Smile

im the voice of reason
(09-18-2022, 04:13 PM)bobcatpride1 Wrote: [ -> ]Boyle co. Rebels and it ain’t even close
People have said this year after year in 4A. They have been proved wrong year and year. Either between boyle, Corbin, or JC. The gap is always close.
(09-18-2022, 04:14 PM)64SUR Wrote: [ -> ]1. Boyle County
2. Corbin
3. Lexington Catholic
4. Johnson Central
5. Franklin County
6. Central

I think you nailed it! Although after watching Lex Cath, I almost think Lex Cath and Corbin are interchangeable at 2 &3 depending on the week and opponent.
Boyles still top dog. I still think 4A is down because of the upper echelon of teams aren’t as good as years past so it’s more even. But some of the mid pack has improved (I.e. Lex cath). Still gonna be a close call for whoever
(09-18-2022, 06:43 PM)Hound05 Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-18-2022, 04:13 PM)bobcatpride1 Wrote: [ -> ]Boyle co. Rebels and it ain’t even close
People have said this year after year in 4A. They have been proved wrong year and year. Either between boyle, Corbin, or JC. The gap is always close.

I am curious as to how they have been proved wrong. Hasn't Boyle won the last two years in 4A?
Proved wrong ????? Have you looked at the last several 4a champs ????
(09-18-2022, 06:22 PM)WhomTheBellTolls Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-18-2022, 04:19 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: [ -> ]

im the voice of reason

Quit hiding under the rock so long next time..... we need your voice of reason on here  Smile
Playing in a district with Lexington Catholic and closing against a strong opponent like Frederick Douglass is a definite advantage for Boyle County, IMO. Normally, Belfry provides Johnson Central with a challenging game to end the regular season but if JC struggles with Belfry this season, it will not bode well for the playoffs. I think Corbin has a similar problem as JC, as the Redhounds' district games are the weak part of the schedule and a regular season closer against Campbell County should not provide much of a measuring stick.

I also do not place much importance on scrimmages and early season schedules. They are useful for teams to discover weaknesses but they are not very good predictors of how teams will finish. It is good to have some stiff competition toward the end of the regular season to gauge a teams's progress and make adjustments heading into the playoffs. There is a decent chance that Johnson Central will finish the regular season with six straight running clock wins, which really won't tell us much about how they stack up against the other contenders.
We will see Perry Central and Corbin play for the first time in school history this year possibly. Not sure if the Dores have much of shot but everyone has a punchers chance. Just happy Perry will not have luxury of playing JC first round of the playoffs.
Corbin has the best QB in 4A......Kid Elam...

Corbin has the best Kicker in 4A.....Big Foot Jacob Baker...

Corbin has one of the best Wide Recievers/Hback in 4A Brody Wells who I will put up against anyone...

Corbin has one of the best all around players in 4A, Cameron Combs, when he runs, he is hard to stop.....

Corbin has two of the best lineman in this years 4A class, Eli Bolton and Franklin West, The 2024 Top Tackle in the state......

Corbin has a ton of talent on this team, too much to list actually but every one is as worthy as the next...Zander Curry, Zayne Hammack, Eli Pietrowski, Carter Stewart, Mike Neal, Israel Summers, Jace Hatfield, Anthony Myers, Troy Faulkner, so so many more, I mean some boys kicking tale and tacking names.. 

I love this team....These are my boys teammates..... Nothing more that I want than for these dudes than to bring home a championship..... I will be there for most the games and especially the playoffs... 

Greer called the defense in the last 2 meetings in the 3rd round for those who didn't know...Now from what I have seen so far from this years Corbin Defense and Coach Greer is he is coaching his tail off..Now against the two teams being Pikeville and Franklin County offenses, Corbin used the bigs on both sides of the ball and thats the keys to success for Corbin if they want to advance... Now the stakes will go up of course in that 3rd round because no one wants to go home..... Those bigs have to play on defense... 

Offensively, I go back to the 2cd quarter of the Pikeville game when the QB switch was made and that quarter set the tone for Corbins season in my opinion.. If Corbin builds on that performance and opens up the arm of Elam in the rest of the regualr season they have left and just let him be himmself and find the open guy then I'll be honest, 4A could be in trouble. I have watched football for a long time and I havnt seen anything like him when he is turned loose..I call it the killer instinct...Corbin has too many weapons with his accuracy and down field ability to hit the open reciever. He can run just like Cameron did last year from that position..Check down and find the reciever in a instant.... So having potentially (3) D1 ball handlers in the backfield, being Wells, Combs and Elam will be hard  and very hard to stop..

Corbin early looks like the team to beat....I honestly couldn't believe it when I saw Boyle, Johnson Central, Franklin County and Central...I was like wow, this year its really close... Now, one thing I do know is you can't pay no attention to what a team is doing right now.... Its all about what they are doing in November.... This championship will be won by the coaches who prep there team the best, and have there team ready come playoffs... I wish all the teams nothing but the best.. 

But I am super proud of this years Redhounds, you are making your fans very proud.... I have heard a ton of bragging on the hustle and getting after it.. Boys stepping up and filling big shoes that had graduated...

Now I always have Corbin #1 in my book.... I love the fanbase and I know most the parents... They want to win... I know these players are playing like they want to win... 

Now as far as my rankings.... 

'Right now" Corbin has the best QB and is the best team I have seen in 4A in person up to this point...

I havn't seen the rest since early season....

So I have at the mid season Corbin as my top team.... I will predict right now, a Corbin vs Boyle Championship..... Based on what I have seen so far......The KHSAA better put it as there main event because its going to set a new attendance record.....I'll start taking bets now..... Smile

#1. Corbin
#2. Boyle
#3. Johnson Central
#4. Lexington Catholic
#5. Franklin County

Now, I will say, when I saw Boyle, they looked like they were just beginning to put it all together. So this isn't throwing any shade towards Boyle, its just they needed a ton of work when I saw them...additionally with a ton of players out due to injuries. But I will say, they are the team to beat in 4A. Until someone beats them, its theres......

Johnson Central, when I saw them at North, they had a key injury to begin that game (Prayers for Carter Conley) and I know they will be better game by game from when I saw them....Very quality Coaching staff.... I really respect those coaches and this team will look completely different come playoffs. Now there defense was fine... They are always good on defense.. North Laurel was able to hold JCs offense in check for the most part in that game... But Johnson Central graduated a very awesome group of lineman and are building there next awesome group now...

Lexington Catholic is shockingly better than I have give them credit...They might have a say so as well in this...I love the new coach... I like what I saw in the game film against LCA....QB or no QB, LCA had 19 or there 22 starters...It shouldn't have been that out of hand, but dang give credit to where credit is do, Catholic is making statements....Catholic/Boyle game will be one to set the record straingt IMO....

Franklin County will be a hard out when the time comes.... The last 2 years they was right in the thick of it in the 4th round and won one and lost one barely.... So its going to be fun.......

The rest of the 4A teams will have to make there own name......Win and you are in....
Oh, I definitely agree! The RPI has done a great job of getting the best two teams to the big stage providing a lot of quality games. I meant at this point in the season it’s Boyle County. I don’t see either Corbin or JC going to Bowling Green and winning by two scores. Right now anyways. Still a lot of football left!
Corbin is the top dog. Redhounds says all that needs to be said Smile
(09-18-2022, 06:58 PM)RunninReb Wrote: [ -> ]

I am curious as to how they have been proved wrong. Hasn't Boyle won the last two years in 4A?

(09-18-2022, 07:23 PM)Deuce8 Wrote: [ -> ]Proved wrong ????? Have you looked at the last several 4a champs ????
I think by several, you mean TWO and even if that made any difference for this year, we hate hardly a dynasty. But let’s go back about 5 years to show how close it is. Boyle beat Corbin by 19 in the title in 17.  Pretty good win by a decent margin. Next year, they said the same ole thing “boyle is gonna win it all and it won’t be close” or “boyle needs to play Trinity, it’d be a good Match up”. They got beat by 3 TD’s and shut out, to… CORBIN. CORBIN lost by 1 to central. So I’d say it was pretty close between Corbin and central. But not Corbin and boyle contrary to everyone saying boyle and it “won’t be close”.  

Next year everyone reclassified. JC beat boyle by 1 for the title. Pretty darn close I’d say…. Same thing though. I remember everyone saying JC would walk to a title or boyle will have it no problem. More Jc that year but I remember it well. Again super close. 

The next year, boyle beat Franklin by 3 in OT. Again, close as it gets all the while people saying JC and Boyle, and it’s “not even close”. 

Last year, JC lost their coach. Made
it to the title and played boyle. Im not gonna look it up but it was sometbing like 30-15 or close to that. A decent margin. Wouldn’t call it not even close. 

and now this year. Same people saying the same thing. And they’ll be proved wrong again. No team has really showed they are
above and beyond the other.  So when the question was asked “who is the top dog this year in 4A” and people say “it’s not close”. I brought up factual history to prove them wrong. Your question of going back several years means nothing in this aspect because we are talking about this year. Again,
I went back to prove a point thats it’s always pretty dang close. No team at
the top is heads and shoulders above the rest. I’ve got all the respect in the world for boyle, and their fans on here. But I think most would agree, and if not that’s fine, but history proves otherwise. Even if we just took a sample of the games played, no one sticks out above the rest. I think boyle is top dawg Until someome in 4a knocks them
off, but it’s not far beyond the rest of the top.
who has the best win so far for the teams in this class
(09-18-2022, 11:46 PM)WhomTheBellTolls Wrote: [ -> ]who has the best win so far for the teams in this class

I like the fact that Corbin torched Franklin on the road and the score speaks for itself…. Boyle won against Bowling Green on the road… Both quality wins..
Boyle and Corbin are looking to meet at Kroger field, but I also think, as of today at least, that Lex. Cath. Is a close 3rd. We will know more about how good Catholic is on October 7th.
Hound05 and Bull Got Out, you all are a bunch of homers. Corbin beats a 1A school and Franklin County and you all are the undisputed champs. We know exactly what’s going to happen because it the same thing every year. People like you hype them up when they play a weak schedule and then when they play someone that is halfway good they choke. You all talk from the peanut gallery like you all are expert analyst and you wouldn’t know good football.

Hound05 you talk about all this history but the fact is that Boyle has been to 4 of the last 5 state championships and won 3. What has Corbin done in that 5 year span? Nothing.
I like hitting Homers with my picks….  Smile
(09-19-2022, 12:19 AM)RunninReb Wrote: [ -> ]Hound05 and Bull Got Out, you all are a bunch of homers. Corbin beats a 1A school and Franklin County and you all are the undisputed champs. We know exactly what’s going to happen because it the same thing every year. People like you hype them up when they play a weak schedule and then when they play someone that is halfway good they choke. You all talk from the peanut gallery like you all are expert analyst and you wouldn’t know good football.

Hound05 you talk about all this history but the fact is that Boyle has been to 4 of the last 5 state championships and won 3. What has Corbin done in that 5 year span? Nothing.

I don’t see your name on the pick em list ……. Start playing!!
(09-18-2022, 04:01 PM)Spud6 Wrote: [ -> ]Boyle and Corbin

JC and LCA are sneaky

This
Pages: 1 2 3