Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: (20) Kentucky 26 (12) Florida 16
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final from the Swamp
We had a better quarterback, we had a better defense, and O line seemed to grow up some in the second half. When we get Rodriguez back, we are gonna be a pretty complete team.
I caught the ending of the game just before the pick 6 return. That was a very impressive win in the Swamp by the Cats. Stoops has changed the culture at UK. Big time wins in big games were such a rarity before Stoops, with exception of the victory over #1 ranked and eventual national champion LSU under Brooks. Now it's gotten to the point that it's not that big of a deal for the Cats to win these games. Yes, there has been a lot of buz on social media after the game, but still. Stoops has not only ended the losing streak to Florida, he now owns two victories in the Swamp. He has done amazing things at UK.
This program is now at a point where we expect to win these games, there isn't a single person in that facility that is surprised by Saturday's outcome.
As a program we aren't at the level of the Alabama's and Georgia's of the country but we are seriously getting closer every year. We have a defense that in the front 7 can rotate up to 20 guys and not have much of a fall off at all. The depth that we are developing on the interior is such an advantage.
(09-12-2022, 04:29 PM)The Scoop Wrote: [ -> ]This program is now at a point where we expect to win these games, there isn't a single person in that facility that is surprised by Saturday's outcome. 
As a program we aren't at the level of the Alabama's and Georgia's of the country but we are seriously getting closer every year.  We have a defense that in the front 7 can rotate up to 20 guys and not have much of a fall off at all.  The depth that we are developing on the interior is such an advantage.

Absolutely. To me this game wasn’t much of a upset it was just a big win for us because it was in the swamp and this game has turned into quite a nice rivalry for us
(09-12-2022, 04:29 PM)The Scoop Wrote: [ -> ]This program is now at a point where we expect to win these games, there isn't a single person in that facility that is surprised by Saturday's outcome. 
As a program we aren't at the level of the Alabama's and Georgia's of the country but we are seriously getting closer every year.  We have a defense that in the front 7 can rotate up to 20 guys and not have much of a fall off at all.  The depth that we are developing on the interior is such an advantage.
The Cats clearly wore Florida down in the second half with their depth. I never thought I'd ever say that in my lifetime.
If we can get by Ole Miss-and that’s clearly not a given-we have a real shot at being 7-0 heading into the game at Tennessee. If so, I predict that will be the most anticipated game in UK football history.
(09-18-2022, 05:09 PM)Van Hagar Wrote: [ -> ]If we can get by Ole Miss-and that’s clearly not a given-we have a real shot at being 7-0 heading into the game at Tennessee. If so, I predict that will be the most anticipated game in UK football history.

I agree. Not seeing a win at Ole Miss though but I didn't see the win coming at Florida either. Turns out their QB was the most over-hyped player ever and Florida is not an elite team. Got a better bowl game with the win in the swamp regardless.