Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Buffalo 33 - Cincinnati 21
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final.

Bengals drop to 2-6.

Chad Johnson was carted off the field complaining of neck pain and to the hospital after taking a big hit. Any updates on him?
Beef Wrote:Final.

Bengals drop to 2-6.

Chad Johnson was carted off the field complaining of neck pain and to the hospital after taking a big hit. Any updates on him?

Last I heard was that he had movement in all his extremities and was being taken to the hospital for precautionary reasons. They were going to do X-rays to make sure.
Cincy sucks!! And I mean sucks!!
Chads CAT scan was negative. Looks like hes going to be OK. He was on the Bengals flight heading back to Cincy. Not sure how long he will be out, but theres no hurry. At 2-6 this seasons pretty much over.
Thank for the update guys....wish him the best but the Bengals season does seem to be over. What ha happened to them this year?
Beef Wrote:Thank for the update guys....wish him the best but the Bengals season does seem to be over. What ha happened to them this year?

Few bad breaks, bunch of times we didn't make plays when we needed to, and our defense is the biggest joke in the history of football, and that sums it up.
Not surprised. I've quit talking smack in here since last season, because this team does a pretty good job of making themselves look bad now.
BFritz Wrote:Few bad breaks, bunch of times we didn't make plays when we needed to, and our defense is the biggest joke in the history of football, and that sums it up.

Our defense does suck, but our offense is trying to keep up with them in terms of "suckitude."

Take out the kickoff return, and our offense scored 14 points today. That's it. I think it's time the offense starts to share some of the blame for this disaster of a season. As a unit, they just have not played anywhere near their potential all season.

Aside from the Cleveland loss, the Bengals have scored (in defeat):

21 (Seattle)
13 (New England)
20 (Kansas City)
13 (Pittsburgh)
21 (Buffalo)

Who could have predicted that the Bengals' supposed high-octane offense would sputter so much? In three of those games, the other team scored 27 points or less, so a good offensive showing would have won it. (A 5-3 mark would look a lot better than 2-6 right now, wouldn't it?)

Not trying to absolve the defense of any responsibility for this mess, because we all know they are pitiful. But at least you might blame part of that on the slew of injuries at linebacker. What is the offense's excuse? I know they are missing Willie Anderson right now, but that doesn't explain all of it. Where is the hot seat under coach Bratkowski, too?
An upside to the game for Kentucky/Cincinnati fans is that Bengals WR Glen Holt did have a 100-yard kickoff return for a touchdown.
Beef Wrote:the Bengals season does seem to be over. What ha happened to them this year?

Terrible defense brought about by terrible drafting and a terrible scheme. A passive coach who drives a Ferrari offense 30 mph in the slow lane of the interstate. No leader in the clubhouse. A star wide receiver with alligator arms who, after today, will NEVER be effective across the middle again. A fickle fan base who thought their first winning season in over a decade meant time to make Super Bowl reservations. An apathetic ownership. Shall I go on?
God, the Bengals SUCK!
I'm sorry guys bengels do suck, that's why everyone should become TITAN FANS!
They need to get some team discipline and ax Marvin Lewis! With the talent they have had over the last couple of years, can the Bengals front office not see that he is not going to take them anywhere! But as the FAMOUS BENGALS SAYING GOES..MAYBE NEXT YEAR!! AND I LOVE IT!!!
Folks, football is not a complicated game. You can line up in all the fancy formations you want. You can put all the fancy wrinkles in on the offensive & defensive schemes you want. But nothing is going to work unless you do the fundamentals....block, tackle and execute. Watch teams that win and you will see they are solid on the fundamental aspect. If they get to a ball carrier, they bring them down. You don't see people running through tackles like they do the Bengals. This team is a very poor fundamental team. They have no discipline. Yesterday they had 3 different penalties on one play.....I have never seen that before.