Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: KSR Class 2A Week 3 Rankings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Week 3 class rankings
Class 2A

1. Beechwood
2. Mayfield
3. Lexington Christian Academy
4. Breathitt County
5. Hancock County

https://www.on3.com/teams/kentucky-wildc...-rankings/

Thoughts?
Breathitt’s win against Hazard is a quality win. I’d say that’s ok. Danville I still think is top 5 regardless of the Boyle County game. Boyle will beat a lot of good teams like that.

Beechwood definitely the team to beat. They develop their passing attack by seasons end they’ll be scary good.
Danville would destroy Breathitt County and Hancock County in my opinion. The Admirals are top 5.
I would move LCA ahead of Mayfield.
I think Breathitt will be where they are by end of year but that may be a little high at this moment in time. Haven't seen or heard anything from Hancock. As for Danville the 2 teams they beat are 0-6 combined.
I think by the time all is said and done though the final 4 will be numbers 1-4.
To me a rematch between LCA and Beechwood is as close to a sure thing as we get in high school football
The person or team publishing these rankings is clueless. Hancock County is 3-0 against three teams that have a combined 0-9 record. They are not even close to being a Top 10 team in 2A. I would drop Mayfield to #3 and move Danville and Owensboro Catholic to #4 and #5. There is no point in ranking teams if you're going to ignore a team's strength of schedule and not look any deeper than their record.
I agree with wolfcat.
no where near a sure thing wolfcat Mayfield is as good as anyone and physical as hell just ask a talented and physical Paducah Tilghman team Mayfield beaat number one in 3a and who might just win it all!!!
I would go LCA, Mayfield, Beechwood in first 3. Beechwood has played sisters of the poor so far and should be working their tails off to develop their QB. If they can get a decent passing game going they will greaatly improve but until they get that going I have them at 3rd. I am really high on LCA, I was suprised to see them at 3rd
(09-07-2022, 05:39 PM)MayfieldCardinal Wrote: [ -> ]I would go LCA, Mayfield, Beechwood in first 3.  Beechwood has played sisters of the poor so far and should be working their tails off to develop their QB.  If they can get a decent passing game going they will greaatly improve but until they get that going I have them at 3rd.  I am really high on LCA, I was suprised to see them at 3rd
I don’t think Beechwood has done a bad job in regards to the QB development.  They have a Freshman who in his first 3 games has thrown 28/37 for 423 yards, 6 TD’s with 1 int, and is averaging 141 yards passing a game.  Those aren’t bad numbers at all and they seem to being a good job at developing him.  I do agree with you about their strength of schedule though and I would put LCA #1 for sure and it is a toss up for #2 between Beechwood and Mayfield depending who you talk to.
Until someone knocks them off the throne , weak schedule or not beechwood is #1 period ….
(09-07-2022, 05:39 PM)MayfieldCardinal Wrote: [ -> ]I would go LCA, Mayfield, Beechwood in first 3. Beechwood has played sisters of the poor so far and should be working their tails off to develop their QB. If they can get a decent passing game going they will greaatly improve but until they get that going I have them at 3rd. I am really high on LCA, I was suprised to see them at 3rd

Outside of PT, who has Mayfield beaten? Graves and Hoptown stink, and the remainder of Mayfield’s schedule is awful.
(09-07-2022, 09:57 PM)KentuckyHillBilly5321 Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-07-2022, 05:39 PM)MayfieldCardinal Wrote: [ -> ]I would go LCA, Mayfield, Beechwood in first 3.  Beechwood has played sisters of the poor so far and should be working their tails off to develop their QB.  If they can get a decent passing game going they will greaatly improve but until they get that going I have them at 3rd.  I am really high on LCA, I was suprised to see them at 3rd

Outside of PT, who has Mayfield beaten? Graves and Hoptown stink, and the remainder of Mayfield’s schedule is awful.

The PT win, is by far the best win of any of the 3 teams (Beechwood, LCA, Mayfield).  PT was #1 in 3A and has a Maxpreps rank of 1,805.  That was not your question, though.  Graves is on par with Fairdale who is Beechwoods best win.  Hoptown is somewhere similar.  Graves and Hoptown should turn up to be okay teams.  Nothing great but not bad.  LCA played Madison Central who is in my opinion the best team any of the 3 played but they did lose but it was close and LCA throttled Belfry who is likely a little better than Graves, Hoptown and Fairdale.  Yes the remainder of Mayfield's schedule is not too good.

(09-07-2022, 05:51 PM)Orange Blaze Wrote: [ -> ]
I don’t think Beechwood has done a bad job in regards to the QB development.  They have a Freshman who in his first 3 games has thrown 28/37 for 423 yards, 6 TD’s with 1 int, and is averaging 141 yards passing a game.  Those aren’t bad numbers at all and they seem to being a good job at developing him.  I do agree with you about their strength of schedule though and I would put LCA #1 for sure and it is a toss up for #2 between Beechwood and Mayfield depending who you talk to.

After seeing the stats that came out yesterday, I would agree with you
Beechwood is number 1 till someone beats them. Now how they put Mayfield over LCA is a head scratcher.
(09-08-2022, 09:00 AM)Tigerallamerican Wrote: [ -> ]Beechwood is number 1 till someone beats them. Now how they put Mayfield over LCA is a head scratcher.
Do you think Beechwood will stick with the Freshman QB after the original starter returns from his injury?  He seems to be on a hot streak and it might be bad for the team to replace him midway through the season.
Disclosure: No mailboxes were harmed in the making of this list.
It's too early to tell if Breathitt is the number four team in 2A. If they can beat Perry Central on the road, they will be deserving of a top five spot. I believe Beechwood and LCA are the top tier teams, with Beechwood being a step below, but not too far behind. If there were a top ten, there wouldn't be a big difference between 4 -10.
Beechwood has won 26 games in a row. They beat Mayfield by 33 points last season. Beechwood is number one until someone beats them.
LCA is number 2 because they lost Mayffield beat number 1 in 3a Tilghman that should unscratch your head!!!!
I agree LCA should be number 2 - you said it right there in your post lol.
Cam Hergott led Beechwood to 26 straight wins. #2 isn't there anymore, so while they're still undefeated this season, I would have to put Mayfield #1, Beechwood #2, and then LCA #3. I don't think it really matters after that, the state title will be going home with one of those three teams.
(09-09-2022, 05:42 PM)Buffs19 Wrote: [ -> ]Cam Hergott led Beechwood to 26 straight wins.  #2 isn't there anymore, so while they're still undefeated this season, I would have to put Mayfield #1, Beechwood #2, and then LCA #3.  I don't think it really matters after that, the state title will be going home with one of those three teams.

The were far from a one man show.  Their defense gave up less than 7 points a game last season, not many of them against the first team.   They've given up a total of 7 so far this season in 3 1/2 games so far  Nothing that Mayfield has done warrants them passing Beechwood in the rankings.  Especially with Mayfield losing their best player last week.
This is wishful thinking in regards to Beechwood. This might be their best team out of the last three years. Berger is that dude. I think there are three tiers in 2A right now. The Beechwood tier, the LCA/Mayfield tier, then the everybody else tier.