Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Johnson Central @ Ironton, OH 9/10
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Johnson Central will travel to Ironton, OH this Saturday.

Johnson Central (2-1)
Aug 19, 22 Lafayette away (W) 37 - 8 
Aug 26, 22 Fern Creek (W) 55 - 19 
Sep 2, 22 North Laurel away (L) 14 - 15

Ironton, OH (3-0)
Aug 19,22 Wheelersburg (W) 12-3
Aug 26.22 Jackson (W) 29-26
Sep 2, 22  Fairland (W) 34-13

Thoughts?
We're going to find out how good that Ironton weight program really is this week. Even in a down year by Johnson Central standards and with the loss of Conley last week, Johnson Central will be Ironton's biggest challenge yet this season. Ironton has athletes with D-1 offers all over the field. This one is grit vs. glamour. It's been 5 years since Johnson Central lost 2 in a row. What a game. I say it's Ironton at home by 1.
Johnson Central in another good battle....

Johnson Central 21
Ironton 14
This is not a down year for Johnson Central by anyone's standards. One early season loss to a good team is not the end of the world and JC is a couple of inches away from a 3-0 start. Ironton returns a very strong team and they were very competitive with a great Moeller team last season.

Fortunately, JC has more depth at running back than ever, but Conley was averaging well over 100 yards per game and he was injured against North Laurel after two or three carries. Lawson is a great back but he entered the NL game with only one carry this season. A week of practice reps with the starting offense should help him shake off the rust.

Another road loss to a very strong Ironton team would not mean that JC is down this season.but I think JC has a great shot at beating Ironton. But JC's offense is very dependent on timing and it takes game experience for the offense to fine tune its timing. JC will make adjustments to get the ball to its many playmakers in open space.

I am going to predict a 7 point Ironton win but nothing will shock me. This is Irontons biggest challenge until the playoffs begin and it is a big game for JC as well.
Golden eagles in a low scoring game.

Golden Eagles 14
Ironton, OH 13
It may of just been 1 bad game but JC oline didn’t look great Friday night. When your as 1 dimensional as JC is you have to be excellent up front to score points. I don’t know enough about Ironton to pick this game but I’m really curious to see how JC looks against good competition.
Always pulling for the Eagles regardless
Johnson Central me I am staying with the Golden Eagles
hmmm well I wouldn't stop the bus for any reason leaving Ironton this week. Them people got some anger issues. They are gonna be really testy after this one. You got it, Johnson Central.
The full lineup at Ironton's Tank stadium on Saturday features 3 of the nation's top 100 teams, based on CalPreps' current rankings.

#56 Moeller (OH) vs. #55 Good Counsel (MD)

#84 Dematha (MD) vs. #2250 Benedictine (OH)

#679 Ironton (OH) vs. #1999 Johnson Central (KY)

Hopefully, Johnson Central will be able to pull off an upset but it won't be easy. This is a big event for the town of Ironton and the Tigers won't be caught looking past JC.

I am tempted to go watch the games but It is a long drive from home. I've never been to a game at Ironton and I was unaware of the history of the stadium. In their last year of operation, the Ironton Tanks beat both the Chicago Bears and the New York Giants before the team folded and half of the team's players joined the Portsmouth Spartans, which folded in 1933 but became the Detroit Lions. The Tanks and the Spartans had established the tradition of the Thanksgiving game, which was later adopted by the Lions.
What happened to the defensive tackles that Johnson last year? Didn't see them watching north Laurel game.Thought they were juniors.
(09-05-2022, 10:05 PM)Colonelfan72 Wrote: [ -> ]What happened to the defensive tackles that Johnson last year? Didn't see them watching north Laurel game.Thought they were juniors.
I looked at last year's roster and compared it to this year's and I didn't see anybody missing. In fact, there were 12 juniors on last year's roster and 13 seniors on this year's roster. JC graduated 15 seniors.
(09-05-2022, 10:02 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: [ -> ]The full lineup at Ironton's Tank stadium on Saturday features 3 of the nation's top 100 teams, based on CalPreps' current rankings.

#56 Moeller (OH) vs. #55 Good Counsel (MD)

#84 Dematha (MD) vs. #2250 Benedictine (OH)

#679 Ironton (OH) vs. #1999 Johnson Central (KY)

Hopefully, Johnson Central will be able to pull off an upset but it won't be easy. This is a big event for the town of Ironton and the Tigers won't be caught looking past JC.

I am tempted to go watch the games but It is a long drive from home. I've never been to a game at Ironton and I was unaware of the history of the stadium. In their last year of operation, the Ironton Tanks beat both the Chicago Bears and the New York Giants before the team folded and half of the team's players joined the Portsmouth Spartans, which folded in 1933 but became the Detroit Lions. The Tanks and the Spartans had established the tradition of the Thanksgiving game, which was later adopted by the Lions.

Ironton is a unique place to watch a game.  The home side stands are covered.  It’s a nice turf field.  There are covered stands at one end where the Ironton Million Dollar Marching Band sits.  You walk down Tiger Alley when entering the stadium and it lets you know about the history of the Ironton program.  I would vote it the number one stadium in our area, although I’m sure some of the Ashland Putnam Stadium faithful will disagree.

Ironton really boosted their program when they hired Trevon Pendleton who played fullback at Michigan State in 2015.  He apparently has implemented college style weight training and is using his connections to get Ironton players seen and offered by major colleges.  This showcase on September 10th is just another example.  Many from the area express discontent that Ironton is getting good players from schools all around, but I don’t blame any player for going to play at Ironton.  If college football really is your dream, it’s clearly the place to be in our area.

Johnson Central is a great opponent for Ironton in this showcase.  Johnson Central will undoubtedly have the advantage on the line while Ironton will have the advantage at the skill positions.  I would tab Ironton as the slight favorite, but there’s no doubt it will be a great game.  It should draw a big crowd from the area being on Saturday night.
JC always has the advantage in the trenches against 99.9 percent of the teams they face. Ironton has the skill advantage and the home field including the referees. Ironton wins this game even if they shouldn’t. :)
Ironton. Home of where the referees walk right out of the house and onto the field.
(09-08-2022, 11:23 PM)RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote: [ -> ]Ironton. Home of where the referees walk right out of the house and onto the field.

Really? That’s not good…
nothing like a little home field cooking
(09-09-2022, 12:06 AM)Bull got out! Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-08-2022, 11:23 PM)RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote: [ -> ]Ironton. Home of where the referees walk right out of the house and onto the field.

Really? That’s not good…
Ironton is traditionally a tough place to play and they have one of the worst fan bases I’ve ever been around.  They are very rowdy and it seems like you can always find someone looking for a fight at their games.
No updates
(09-09-2022, 11:01 PM)Patriot1 Wrote: [ -> ]No updates

Game is tomorrow.
The game is tomorrow night.
toolaidback

Game is tomorrow.

sorry I forgot
Ironton is ranked #1 in Ohio Class V in the AP poll and by CalPreps. If Ironton was in Kentucky, they would be in CalPrep's top 10, near Boyle County. I think that JC is underrated in the CalPreps rankings because too much weight is placed on its loss to a much improved North Laurel team and because the Golden Eagles have played what has to be considered a very weak schedule so far, but Ironton is not overrated. JC will have to play much better than it did against NL to have a shot at winning its game at Ironton.

CALPREPS.COM
Your source for high school football scores, standings & rankings

PROJECT A MATCHUP
neutral field
[2022] Ironton (OH) 38, [2022] Johnson Central (Paintsville, KY) 7
I think JC wins this game..... Is this one going to be on streamed anywhere?
(09-10-2022, 12:05 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: [ -> ]I think JC wins this game..... Is this one going to be on streamed anywhere?
I don't know whether it's being streamed or not. I assume that WSIP will be covering it, so the audio will be available at WSIP New Country Radio. If I find a streaming video feed, I will post it.
Thanks, I’ll listen to it if I can’t watch it!!
I talked to Scott Ratliff and he said it will be on 94.7 and wklw.com.
The video of the game is being streamed on www.flofootball.com but it is a pay site ($19.99/mo.). I hate  entering my card number online but I made an exception in this case. The other two games in the triple-header that precede the Ironton vs. JC game (Dematha vs. Cleveland Benedictine and Moeller vs. Maryland Good Counsel) are also being streamed on flofootball.com. I don't mind paying online via PayPal but I really don't like subscriptions that don't give you that option.
(09-10-2022, 01:52 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: [ -> ]The video of the game is being streamed on www.flofootball.com but it is a pay site ($19.99/mo.). I hate  entering my card number online but I made an exception in this case. The other two games in the triple-header that precede the Ironton vs. JC game (Dematha vs. Cleveland Benedictine and Moeller vs. Maryland Good Counsel) are also being streamed on flofootball.com. I don't mind paying online via PayPal but I really don't like subscriptions that don't give you that option.

With today’s technology. If they wanted my information they’d already have it.
(09-10-2022, 03:12 PM)Spud6 Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-10-2022, 01:52 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: [ -> ]The video of the game is being streamed on www.flofootball.com but it is a pay site ($19.99/mo.). I hate  entering my card number online but I made an exception in this case. The other two games in the triple-header that precede the Ironton vs. JC game (Dematha vs. Cleveland Benedictine and Moeller vs. Maryland Good Counsel) are also being streamed on flofootball.com. I don't mind paying online via PayPal but I really don't like subscriptions that don't give you that option.

With today’s technology. If they wanted my information they’d already have it.
The bad guys have the same technology as the good guys. If you're careless with your bank account info, then the bad guys will use your information to line their pockets. There is another web site that claims it will be streaming the JC-Ironton game at a cost of $1 for a one-day trial subscription. That may be a legitimate offer but it is the kind of phishing pitch that is getting to be very common. I passed on the offer. The Ironton football Facebook page said that the flofootball site would be carrying the game live exclusively, so I decided to sign up.

I am watching the Our Lady of Good Counsel - Archbishop Moeller game. The quality of the video, play-by-play, and color commentary is impressive. The game is tied 7-7. Both teams are very impressive - big, fast, and talented.
Pages: 1 2