Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Bell County @ Lincoln County 9/09
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Bell County will travel to Lincoln County this Friday.

Bell County (1-1)
Aug 19, 22 North Laurel home (W) 43 - 35  Short-Redmond Auto Group Pride of the Mountains 
Aug 26, 22 Knox Central away (L) 28 - 32  Appalachian Wireless Bowl

Lincoln County (0-3)
Aug 19, 22 Danville home (L) 14 - 26  PBK/WPBK-FM Death Valley Bowl 
Aug 27, 22 Casey County at Danville (L) 34 - 50 C Whitaker Bank Pigskin Classic 
Sep 2, 22 Pulaski County away (L) 14 - 36

Series Per KHSAA
Aug 24, 2007 Bell County 31 Lincoln County 7
Sep 10, 2021 Bell County 33 Lincoln County 14
https://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/k...6d6a656543

Thoughts?
Bell County 35
Lincoln County 07
4th down Bell County in Lincoln

Bell County 42
Lincoln County 14
DoRights - 35
Pats - 15
I quoted at the beginning of the year lincoln county would only win 2 or 3 games. I think when they get their defense lined out they could be decent. I'll take bell by as much as dudley wants.
I live in Pulaski County so I watched Lincoln play in person Friday for the first time this season.

Poor tackling, poor linebacker play, the offense looked very lost and had no rhythm. Lincoln had I think 70 kids on the sideline Friday which I know is high for them, but it apparently isn't resulting in much.

I know plenty of people in Stanford and really am cheering for the Patriots to get it turned around but I'm beginning to wonder if that will happen this season. I wouldn't have called this season a "rebuild" if you look at the roster and see what positions returned. Hot seat for Jaggers? Time will tell, I hope not!

Bell County 42
Lincoln County 14
They didn’t let PC put a clock on them, which could be sign they are somewhat getting it together? Maybe? Haha. But this one will be bell
Lincoln will never be a decent team until the head coach gets a defensive coordinator, a line coach,and a offensive coordinator. I know he didn't have much time but the ones he has now have been there awhile. Need to make big changes. I know coach jaggers is a heck of a coach,but enough is enough. Clean house coach bring your dad in. Marty can help you line out the problems.
Bell 49
Lincoln 14
(09-04-2022, 10:42 PM)True pioneer Wrote: [ -> ]Lincoln will never be a decent team until the head coach gets a defensive coordinator, a line coach,and a offensive coordinator.  I know he didn't have much time but the ones he has now have been there awhile. Need to make big changes. I know coach jaggers is a heck of a coach,but enough is enough. Clean house coach bring your dad in. Marty can help you line out the problems.
This is a bad take. The D-Coordinator, Specials Coordinator, QB Coach, and 3 OL/DL coaches are either new to the staff or are in their 1st year in their roles. I found all of this info on the KHSAA, fwiw. "Clean house" after week 3? That's ignorance. Lincoln just isn't very good. They're inexperienced, young, and will develop each week. Jaggers had 2 guys stay very loyal to the program during the coaching change. What kind of message does that send if he were to fire them after year one? 

Heck after thinking about it, I may just switch my pick and go with the Patriots.
(09-05-2022, 01:39 PM)OldBallCoach1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-04-2022, 10:42 PM)True pioneer Wrote: [ -> ]Lincoln will never be a decent team until the head coach gets a defensive coordinator, a line coach,and a offensive coordinator.  I know he didn't have much time but the ones he has now have been there awhile. Need to make big changes. I know coach jaggers is a heck of a coach,but enough is enough. Clean house coach bring your dad in. Marty can help you line out the problems.
This is a bad take. The D-Coordinator, Specials Coordinator, QB Coach, and 3 OL/DL coaches are either new to the staff or are in their 1st year in their roles. I found all of this info on the KHSAA, fwiw. "Clean house" after week 3? That's ignorance. Lincoln just isn't very good. They're inexperienced, young, and will develop each week. Jaggers had 2 guys stay very loyal to the program during the coaching change. What kind of message does that send if he were to fire them after year one? 

Heck after thinking about it, I may just switch my pick and go with the Patriots.

I'm not familiar with the program other than knowing that they are a tuff opponent when hitting on all cylinders.... I do think In My Opinion that any coach should come in and be able to put who they want in the positions they want... A coach needs complete control of there program..... I know alot want like that but Politics can be like weeds in a flower garden..... Coaching is hard enough and a coach needs his own kind that is on board 100%  Smile
(09-05-2022, 01:45 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: [ -> ]

I'm not familiar with the program other than knowing that they are a tuff opponent when hitting on all cylinders.... I do think In My Opinion that any coach should come in and be able to put who they want in the positions they want... A coach needs complete control of there program..... I know alot want like that but Politics can be like weeds in a flower garden..... Coaching is hard enough and a coach needs his own kind that is on board 100%  Smile
BGO, they had a flat stud last year. I'd say lost some key lineman as well. But they had a kid who was easily one of the most talented in the region (maybe not the Class system). Kid was a D1 type talent, or fringe D1 talent. He won and kept them in a lot of games. I know parents don't want to hear it, but Lincoln is very very average in speed. They do have at least 2 really solid Offensive Lineman. 1 kid in particular worked his butt off on the line against us. Skill players are not fast, especially for 5A. As a fan I may not have a good enough eye to see if coach Jaggers did anything wrong, but he does run a solid spread package. They probably played too many kids one way for the amount they had, in my opinion. 90K+ $$ I do think you have to perform fairly quick though. Lincoln probably has kids moving to other towns closer by. Not sure they'll ever be back up again after losing the Crutchfield's as coaches. Those guys are just guys that get you to run through a wall for them. Jaggers definitely seems to be a good man though and has the X's and O's down of the game. They need some talent, or maybe they are young and just need a year or two more in the weight room.
I think Bell wins this game but you never know with HS football. Lincoln being winless at this point is a little concerning, should at least be 1-2. The schedule doesn't really favor Lincoln moving forward. Would hate to see them go winless, but it is a definite possibility.
Bell by 3 TD’s.
As for who wins, Bell should win by 3+ scores.
(09-05-2022, 01:45 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: [ -> ]

I'm not familiar with the program other than knowing that they are a tuff opponent when hitting on all cylinders.... I do think In My Opinion that any coach should come in and be able to put who they want in the positions they want... A coach needs complete control of there program..... I know alot want like that but Politics can be like weeds in a flower garden..... Coaching is hard enough and a coach needs his own kind that is on board 100%  :)

Exactly

I'll take that bet.
(09-06-2022, 05:05 PM)True pioneer Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-05-2022, 01:45 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: [ -> ]

Exactly
Jaggers was hired at the end of January/Early February. If Jaggers did not bring nor hire who he wanted, that's his fault. The Two coaches he kept are now the Specials Coordinator and Head JV Coach, and the other is Varsity OLine/DLine Coach. Those two are not at fault. Everyone else that Jaggers has hired was brought in at his request, including D-Coordinator, QB Coach, and multiple position coaches. All of this info can be pulled from the KHSAA and school district website. Throwing blame right now is a ignorant mistake and one I don't agree with.
I know of another program that the coach was hired similar to Jaggers. Even being hired with plenty of time you would think, the coach still had to finish the year at his school that he was leaving and get the house sold and buy his new house and get his family to the new location. Like Lincoln’s situation, some of the left over coaches kept the workouts going and football related stuff moving forward. But to do all that in a couple of months is easier said than done. I’m sure they will give him some time to put his system in. I’m not close to that program, but hopefully they get it worked out. If not, they will probably be another job opening lol.