Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Bullitt East @ Graves County 9/09
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Bullitt East will travel to Graves County this Friday.

Bullitt East (1-1)
Aug 26, 22 Spencer County home (L) 16 - 19
Sep 2, 22 North Bullitt home (W) 43 - 0

Graves County (1-2)
Aug 19, 22 Mayfield home (L) 0 - 36 
Aug 26, 22 Paducah Tilghman away (L) 7 - 25 
Sep 2, 22 McCracken County away (W) 38 - 12

Series Per KHSAA
Sep 10, 2021 Graves County 48 Bullitt East 46
https://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/k...6d6a656543

Thoughts?
Bullitt East 38
Graves 35
I just don’t know about this one.
Graves graduated a heck of a QB and have struggled to move the ball so far this year but that's been mostly against pretty tough competition. Playing Mayfield and Paducah Tighlman in their first two weeks. They bounce back to beat a bad McCracken County team this past week. Should be a pretty good game if Bullitt East can wake up from a looooong bus ride.
(09-05-2022, 12:17 AM)BEChargers Wrote: [ -> ]Graves graduated a heck of a QB and have struggled to move the ball so far this year but that's been mostly against pretty tough competition.  Playing Mayfield and Paducah Tighlman in their first two weeks.  They bounce back to beat a bad McCracken County team this past week.  Should be a pretty good game if Bullitt East can wake up from a looooong bus ride.

Give them boys some Bullitt Proof Coffee.... Smile They will be fine....
(09-05-2022, 12:17 AM)BEChargers Wrote: [ -> ]Graves graduated a heck of a QB and have struggled to move the ball so far this year but that's been mostly against pretty tough competition.  Playing Mayfield and Paducah Tighlman in their first two weeks.  They bounce back to beat a bad McCracken County team this past week.  Should be a pretty good game if Bullitt East can wake up from a looooong bus ride.
Graves didn’t graduate a QB.
(09-05-2022, 08:26 PM)55RedDog Wrote: [ -> ]
Graves didn’t graduate a QB.

What happened to Defreitas?
Not sure but I think he is just a junior
You're right. He was just a soph last year, that was my bad. But he isn't playing football this year. That hurts Graves.
He decided to concentrate on another sport.
The former QB is a good baseball player too. Not sure if that factors in, but thought it could be noted.

Graves lost tons of experience (talented QB) (RB 1600 yd 32 TD) (two WR each 700 yd with combine 19 TD) (return only 1 Sr. lineman) (5 defensive starters).

They will take some lumps this season but are always hard nose, giving their all - kind of players who perform with discipline and direction.
The young QB (Gregory) appears to be a good all around athlete and looks the part. He and the RB (Marrs) are both sophomores. Graves has a long history of really good powerful RBs but Marrs may bring more explosiveness than brawn.

The Eagles lost about 85% of their receiving production and need to develop some WRs to compliment Goatley who is an extremely talented player on both sides of the ball. Time will tell if they can develop the OL and WR by season's end. If not, the next two season's look promising for this young group.

The defense should be ahead of the offense and should round out nicely by mid season. Returning senior LBs will anchor the unit with leading tackler Cope and Lawrence. The secondary is expected to be their strength returning 3 starters (Easley, Goatley 5 INTs, & Katzman). The Eagles also return PK (Thomas) who is very accurate on PATs and has the ability to make some FGs, being an asset in close games.

For this game:
Minus the long road trip, Bullitt East should have the advantage overall with their balanced offensive attack. The Chargers passing game against the Eagles secondary will be a key matchup. Graves needs some INTs to hang around and don't have the horses to get in a shootout like last season. BE's loss against Spencer Co (although quality and ranked 4A team) makes me think Graves has a decent chance here because they are similar in style. 3 INTs like Spencer Co had would go along way for the home team, but I expect Bullitt East to play well and win by 7-12 points.

Disclaimer: I hope "horses" is an acceptable term by all BGR readers. Sure wouldn't want that to a be a looked at as someone's possession.

(09-07-2022, 12:04 AM)mysonis55 Wrote: [ -> ]He decided to concentrate on another sport.

Thanks ms55, you beat me to it
After watching the McCracken/Graves game, Graves does a lot of what they did last year, just not as well. Not bad mind you just not as explosive, not yet anyway. They mix up their defenses well, dropping into coverages and mixing up their blitzes well. Somebody told me Defreitas was a heck of a pitcher and is concentrating on that exclusively now. Kid was a pretty good qb.

BE's defense has made great strides since last year, especially in the secondary and kicking game is also much improved. If the offense can move to ball anywhere close to last year, they should win by a couple of scores. But they must prove they can.