Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Raceland 40 Rowan County 3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final
This game wasn’t the blowout the final score suggests. I think our depth eventually wore Rowan down at the end but we can’t play sloppy like this and expect to be successful against better teams. Defensively we stood tall but tonight exposed some things we need to work on offensively.
This game was exactly what I thought it would be. It was ugly but the game was never in doubt. Mike’s game plan was lacking and we really exposed some weaknesses. One is Lundy…he is late on the deep throws. Our kids were open but he wasn’t good tonight at all. Two is our o line. Listen Ram fans….this is not a good o line! We are lacking in the trenches and we will only be so good…they can’t get much better then they are right now. The talent just isn’t there. We can play defense though. Lots of speed everywhere in defense. Idk if it’s enough to take us where we wanna be but this is a good group of kids and they are gonna be fun to watch.
Good win for the Rams even though you all see some weaknesses. I understand Raceland needs to pick apart their weaknesses and try to work on them as best they can in preparing for a team later on that will take advantage of them.

As always, though, on the other side of things, I’m continually amazed that Rowan can’t field a competitive football team.
Congratulations to Ram land
Rowan had a great defense. Flew to the ball and found ways to neutralize Lundy. Lots of twists, scoops, and stunts upfront. Offense never really got going because of it. The good news is, if teams cant score, they cant win. The defense won this game and tbh, Jules Farrow put the team in his back tonight. One of the best individual defensive performances i have seen in some time. This game was better for us than I thought it would be. It exposed some things, but I think they are all fixable. Line play has to improve and I felt we went after the deep ball a bit much instead of building to it like we have the first 2 games. If Rowan had any consistency on the offensive side of the ball, they would be a top NEKY team wothout question. Very impressed with their defense tonight.
Congratulations to Raceland.
Rowan is enormous up front. Offensively this was an abortion. I think the only weakness that was exposed was the fact that I’ll bet we probably didn’t have the best week of practice this week. If you want to be a championship team you gotta bring it every week. Bad week of practice next week and The blue birds will run the clock on us.
Congratulations Raceland!!!
I would be interested to know the number of flags thrown in this game. At some point the referees decided to be the focal point of this game. Game had zero flow to it.
Yes. 100%...the back judge threw 3 consecutive flags for offsides on one extra point. Only to have the side judge see his flags and raise him one of his own. Then the other side judge. 5 consecutive offsides or shift penalties, only to be followed by a missed extra point anyway. What a debacle.
No one can touch Raceland this year. All single A schools should move on to basketball season.
Rams by eleventy billion
Haha, just kidding Rams. Congrats on the win. The matchup is slowly building week by week and I’ll be honest I can’t wait.
Pikeville vs Raceland at Kroger Field would be awesome...congrats on the win Rams.
(09-03-2022, 12:43 AM)RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote: [ -> ]I would be interested to know the number of flags thrown in this game. At some point the referees decided to be the focal point of this game. Game had zero flow to it.
My favorite flag of the night is when the play clock ran out on Rowan and I would have to get a full second after the Rams dumped across the line and hit one of their lineman. Flag fly and they talk for a minute and decide it’s offsides hahah. Mike came unglued on that one. I was watching at the house and old boy that was announcing the game just laughed. He stays….Mike is gonna get a flag cause he’s point at the play clock screaming you got a play clock! Sure enough Mike got a sideline warning hahah.
(09-03-2022, 08:50 AM)RAMDAD50 Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-03-2022, 12:43 AM)RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote: [ -> ]I would be interested to know the number of flags thrown in this game. At some point the referees decided to be the focal point of this game. Game had zero flow to it.
My favorite flag of the night is when the play clock ran out on Rowan and I would have to get a full second after the Rams dumped across the line and hit one of their lineman. Flag fly and they talk for a minute and decide it’s offsides hahah. Mike came unglued on that one. I was watching at the house and old boy that was announcing the game just laughed. He stays….Mike is gonna get a flag cause he’s point at the play clock screaming you got a play clock! Sure enough Mike got a sideline warning hahah.

The extra point with four attempts was comical also.
When Rowan hired their current coach, someone very close to that program said to me, “Well, he has paid his dues as a little league coach for so long; he deserved a chance.”

I’m not saying the man can’t coach- that is just one of their own told me, and I’ve heard some posters questioning the “coaching”. Can some Rowan folks elaborate on what those issues are.

Rowan is a tough gig. Morehead is in a different planet than the rest of the county. They once fired a great soccer coach, because his senior captains made the team run as punishment. They called it bullying and hazing. I call it LEADERSHIP. ????
If that is true, then Im sorry, its a poor way to choose a HC for your HS team. Ive been coaching youth league since I was 18. Would I love being a HS coach? Hell yea!!! Am I qualified? HELL NO!lol Theres waaaaaay more that goes into being a varsity coach in any capacity, than most people could ever imagine. So if "paying your dues" at the JFL level is the criteria for HC selection, then its no wonder why Rowan is where they are each year.

This year:
-Big and atheletic up front
-Size and atheleticism at QB
-Big time threat in #10
-Solid RB in #2

Theres no reason other than coaching and development that Rowan doesnt have any offense. They have all the peices. If they could have moved the football, the game would have been interesting.
Can we talk about Jules Farrow for a bit? 3 interceptions and idk how many tackles. 89yds rushing and a TD. Things werent going great offensively and he single handedly kept us in position for short field advantages.
(09-03-2022, 10:29 AM)Scotty_Bronson Wrote: [ -> ]Can we talk about Jules Farrow for a bit? 3 interceptions and idk how many tackles. 89yds rushing and a TD. Things werent going great offensively and he single handedly kept us in position for short field advantages.
He’s gonna have a great year. As good as he is and I believe that the Rams are a better team when he plays less on offense. Yes I know that sounds stupid hahah. I don’t mean he shouldn’t play offense but by resting him on offense and playing him more on defense the Rams are a better team. I say no more then 10 to 12 touches on offenses. That’s what I would do if I was Mike but I’m not. The Rams have a ton of weapons out of the backfield so they are able to rest him when need be.

And WTH are those gray uniforms so damn short? It looks like they are wearing belly shirt! WTH haha
Is Raceland the team to beat in 1a? Granted they’ve yet to be tested
Clearly the Vikes are missing Offensive Coordinator Scooter Charles.

He had the team humming the last few years. They are lost without him.
Pikeville is still the team to beat in 1A. But after last night, I dont think there is a helluva whole lot of different between Pikeville, Raceland, and Hazard. Looking at who they have played. Those are really the only teams in 1A that have shown anything special so far. Racelands defense is championship caliber and I thought the offense was as well, but Rowan has me riding the fence a little. We need to develop more consistency and not rely on the big play all the time.
file:///var/mobile/Library/SMS/Attachments/ed/13/3EB28184-261C-4DF1-86B8-E58B2AE19DA6/IMG_4769.HEIC
Last nights crew