Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Jenkins @ Cumberland (First Round Playoffs)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Would like to hear the predictions for this one? GO BIG GREEN!!!
Im not sure who will win this game, Jenkins has won 4 in a row and are playing good especially Puckett on both sides of the ball and Cumberland is a very tough team and they beat the crap out of Jenkins @ J-town earlier in the year.
i dont know who will win this one but i agree it will be a good game. i heard that cumberland has a couple of injuries and some suspensions is that true?
injuries yes...one right now(Henry Banks)..but suspenions no
Cumberland in a close one
Cumberland
Cumberland 33-12
Cumberland - 24
Jenkins - 14
I will take Jenkins because they are on a roll.
Jenkins-28
Cumberland-21
Between the first meeting with these 2 teams, Jenkins didn't have there starting Fullback who is also there headhunter who averages around 12-15 tackles a game on defense. And IMO, a huge downfall was Puckett couldn't throw the ball due to a gash that he recieved in the Hazard game the week before and had 6 stitches on his throwing hand, meaning Jenkins had to run the ball and well, we all know what Puckett is capable of when he can throw the ball. But, the team was so down when the player I was talking about, knee was swelled up the day of the game and could not play which really brought everyone down. Call it excuses, but things like that do play a major role when you only have 20 players. They are rolling right now and have the confidence back that they had in preseason. I can promise you this...They are willing to give everything they've got Friday Night and will practice like they never have this week! So what all is going on with Cumberland? Have heard alot of things. How are they injury wise? Anyone have any info? Best of Luck to both teams, BUT GO BIG GREEN!!!!
Another thing to consider, the score was 0-0, Jenkins was driving, got to the 1 yard line and fumbled with a Cumberland player running it back 99 yards. The next play of offense Puckett throws a ball that is returned for a TD, with the score 14-0 in 2 plays. Then Jenkins has the ball driving and runs out of time on the 5 yard line. So they go from what should be 14-6 Jenkins at the half to Cumberland being up 20-0 at the half. And the second half was a laydown. But it was little things like that, that kind of went on the entire night. Jenkins had 8 turnovers!! Had to stay in gun because Puckett couldn't take a snap which in Jenkins offense, you never know what to expect to see if you have seen them. They run 6-8 different sets. just something for alot of you to consider when you see that 49-7 drumming that they gave Jenkins the first meeting! Jenkins might be rolling but Cumberland just went and beat Pike Central @ PCC 51-31 after losing to Cawood, who has had a down season, IMO! Could be a wierd night Friday Night! Hopefully!@
I would love to see Jenkins win this one, but Cumberland has their best team in many years.
After watching the first game this year between the two, i agree with Playboy, that could have been a diffreant game if jenkins wasnt making mistakes. jenkins moved the ball good aginst Cumberland but turnovers killed them. Im going to have to say that this is going to be a close game! but i gotta a go with my home team hear and have Jenkins winning 20-14.
Cumberland rolls.....
go Cavs
If Puckett has a big game on both sides of the ball then Jenkins has a chance if not then Redskins roll but I think he will.

Jenkins-28
Cumberland-24
puckett will have to have a amazing game on offense because jenkins defense cannot stop cumberland's running game...

Jenkins- 14
Cumberland- 35
I agree Puckett will have a good game on Offense and like someone said earlier, He needs to play good on D also.
I agree with playboy, the jenkins player that was unable to play due to his knee and pucketts hand being cut open in the last cumberland vs. jenkins game had a great deal to do with why jenkins lost like they did. Im gonna go with jenkins in this one and say 21-14.

Go CAVS!!
i say it will be a close one
Go Big Green! I think this year is the year....I know Jenkins has struggled in the past, but I would compare them to the UK team a year ago. This is the year they start believing and it's all up from here!
I'm picking cumberland but it will be close.
Jenkins if they play a good game with little turnovers
If not cumberland
Puckett didn't hurt his hand against Cumberland. He had hurt it the week before against Hazard and had 7 stitches on his throwing hand!
i believe Pucket will have a great game......
im going to say Jenkins if the team shows up that wants to play and i seen them out and ive never seen a more focused bunch. i think there ready Cumberland beat Evarts by 13 Jenkins beat evarts by 13 with out the kid that didn't but hes back play against cumberland its been a confusing season its hard to predict what will happen next.
Go Big Green!
Man, I see Jenkins pulling out the win in this one. I think that Cumberland overlooks Jenkins as a nothing team...IMO. If Puckett and Taylor step up and play big like I know they have the potential too, and their line steps up and blocks well...then Jenkins will pull this out easy. But, I see it being a shootout with Jenkins coming out on top.

Jenkins-35
Cumblerland-28
Jenkins will keep rollin...Im seeing a 21-13 game..GO CAVS!! LETS MOVE ON TO ROUND 2!!
I'll be pulling for the Cavs but I don't see them beating Cumberland.
Pages: 1 2