Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Raceland 53 Russell 14
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final
Congratulations to Raceland. Good Luck the rest of the season.
Congratulations Raceland!!! Hitting the 50s!
RamDad, you’re right. I don’t know the first thing about high school football. I honestly thought this game would be competitive. I was wrong.

Russell came out of the gates pretty dominant until the QB threw an ill advised interception from the 5 yard line. From there, momentum changed and it was an embarrassment for Russell.

Credit goes to Raceland, though, as they opened their new turf field in an unforgettable way, by bludgeoning their rival who they are certain to get more players from now after that rout. Like I’ve said, this is their year. I know Pikeville stands in the way, but no one else does.
(08-27-2022, 11:27 PM)16thregioner Wrote: [ -> ]RamDad, you’re right.  I don’t know the first thing about high school football.  I honestly thought this game would be competitive.  I was wrong.

Russell came out of the gates pretty dominant until the QB threw an ill advised interception from the 5 yard line.  From there, momentum changed and it was an embarrassment for Russell.

Credit goes to Raceland, though, as they opened their new turf field in an unforgettable way, by bludgeoning their rival who they are certain to get more players from now after that rout.  Like I’ve said, this is their year.  I know Pikeville stands in the way, but no one else does.
The Rams played real tight in the first quarter. I’m sure the kids felt the pressure of all the festivities leading up to the kickoff for this game. I told my son driving to the game if we can get through the first quarter everything will be ok. Russell has about three kids that stand out and the rest kinda clump together. Honestly…..I’m kinda worried about Racelands line play. We don’t break off a lot of long runs at all. Through two games of varsity competition….7 quarters…. I would say we have one run longer then 15 yards ….maybe?? Someone will have to check that for me. The passing game looks great!! We need to keep slinging that rock baby….looking good! I believe Lundy killed a kid tonight hahah. As far as Assland and Russell goes …..I think Assland is a better team and they should win against Russell.
(08-27-2022, 11:37 PM)RAMDAD50 Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-27-2022, 11:27 PM)16thregioner Wrote: [ -> ]RamDad, you’re right.  I don’t know the first thing about high school football.  I honestly thought this game would be competitive.  I was wrong.

Russell came out of the gates pretty dominant until the QB threw an ill advised interception from the 5 yard line.  From there, momentum changed and it was an embarrassment for Russell.

Credit goes to Raceland, though, as they opened their new turf field in an unforgettable way, by bludgeoning their rival who they are certain to get more players from now after that rout.  Like I’ve said, this is their year.  I know Pikeville stands in the way, but no one else does.
The Rams played real tight in the first quarter. I’m sure the kids felt the pressure of all the festivities leading up to the kickoff for this game. I told my son driving to the game if we can get through the first quarter everything will be ok. Russell has about three kids that stand out and the rest kinda clump together. Honestly…..I’m kinda worried about Racelands line play. We don’t break off a lot of long runs at all. Through two games of varsity competition….7 quarters…. I would say we have one run longer then 15 yards ….maybe?? Someone will have to check that for me. The passing game looks great!! We need to keep slinging that rock baby….looking good! I believe Lundy killed a kid tonight hahah. As far as Assland and Russell goes …..I think Assland is a better team and they should win against Russell.
If Russell doesn’t throw the pick in the end zone in the first quarter and goes up 14-0 this thread is a whole different conversation. Russell had all of the momentum to start the game and that play took the wind out of their sails and they never recovered.  Raceland took advantage and stepped on the gas and never looked back.  This Ram team plays with an aggression that I haven’t seen in a long time and outside of Highlands I don’t think there is anyone left on the schedule that can play within 3 scores of them.
Things don’t get better for Russell next week with Wheelersburg coming to Flatwoods. In 2018, Russell lost their first 3 including a 41 point loss to Ashland where it looked like they had quit. They went on to win 8 of the next 9 and have a pretty good season. Their coaches have rallied the troops before. We will see if they can rally them again.
Told you Ram fans to much offense on this team for Russell. Don’t see no loses for this team on their schedule and I am not sand bagging Orange just an opinion. Good luck next week and hope to see you guys late in the year. Hazard going to have a lot to say about that.
#2 for Russell is the real deal! Great player. Problem right now is against good teams he is Russell’s only offensive threat. Had it not been for his catches Russell would have had negative yards for the game.
Ive seen Raceland win by large margins. Ive seen us win by the skin of our teeth. But I have never seen a Raceland team get punched in the mouth like they did this evening and respond the way they did. This was also one of the best, coaching jobs I have seen out of Raceland in a long time. The run game wasnt exactly their, but we kept the mentality and Russell had to honor it. The screen game opened up, then we took advantage of safeties biting on them.

Early on we had no answer for Patrick. But we managed to fix the coverage and get some bodies on Carson and it changed the complexity of the game. Kudos to Lewis and Coach Fannin on making the changes needed.

Just an overall, top to bottom, really good performance. Idk where ro even start with our defense. Those dudes FLY to the damn ball. Russell had us outsized and out muscled in the trenches, but speed and conditioning was the defining factor.

Onto next week. Stay the course boys.
And fwiw...RD Lundy had a read call for a 67yd score tonight and Heighton scored from 27 yards out...lol
511 total yards. 280 passing and 231 on the ground. What were you guys saying about the running game?
(08-28-2022, 12:33 AM)Scotty_Bronson Wrote: [ -> ]And fwiw...RD Lundy had a read call for a 67yd score tonight and Heighton scored from 27 yards out...lol
Yeah ….that’s when he killed a kid haha

(08-28-2022, 12:37 AM)RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote: [ -> ]511 total yards. 280 passing and 231 on the ground. What were you guys saying about the running game?
I’m surprised it was only 280 yards passing….it seemed like 1000 yards passing hahah
Congrats to Raceland!
Very balanced offense tonight.
I think Lundy solidified himself as the premier QB 8n the area lol
I watched a chunk of the game already on YouTube. Russell’s line is slow and lazy. That’s the thing with big kids….they don’t like to move