Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Belfry 42 Bourbon County 14
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final.
Belfry definitely looks primed for another deep run and another championship. It will take a good team to beat them in 3A.
Congrats Pirates Very Well Played On Both Sides Of Ball…..

Good Luck Bourbon Rest Of Season
Hmmmmm. HSFOOTBALL? Didn’t much look like Louisville central out there tonight
Bourbon ran into a very sound football team. This group of young men does what Belfry does very well.

Very impressed with the size and talent Belfry has. Very young and only going to get better as the years goes on.
I watched this one till halftime, and man Belfry looks good to me...... Nice win for Belfry!!
Man... Belfry is sooooooo young but has soooo much potential.
Those Freshman and Sophomores are going to do some really special things before they leave Belfry.

Will that equate to a State Title or even a deep playoff push this year? Not sure. With that said, Belfry is going to be nasty over the next few years.

I think this is the only non-district game they win, and a loss to Lawrence County wouldn't shock me in the regular season (I think Belfry is better) .. but if these young Pirates continue to grow and mature they are going to be a team I wouldn't want to see in the 3A playoffs.
Congratulations to the Pirates
For the record, Bourbon County has the skill talent of a really good team... but the Colonels will struggle to win 4 games with their schedule and with their lack of depth or size/physicality up front.

Estes is a dynamic player and they have some dudes on the field, but they are proof that if you can't win the line of scrimmage you won't win against good teams. If I am Lexington Catholic though I better watch out. I don't think Bourbon can compete with Boyle, but LexCath and Bourbon may be a shootout.
Amazing to me that there's never a rebuild on Pond Creek, just a reload. Haywood is the goat. Congrats, Pirates.
Belfry looked like a rapidly improving team last night. Both sides of the ball. With that being said….Bourbon has little depth….and I’m sure between the bus ride, the lightning delay…and then Belfry getting out to a lead kinda deflated the effort, especially after halftime. BC has some good talent. Estes and Moody are very nice players.
Very impressed with the Pirates last night\this morning. Didn't seem to be phased by the 90 minute delay. Belfry did what Belfry does...run, run and run some more...rattling those chains as they like to say. Very poor start on defending the short pass early on but adjusted very will with a couple picks. I'm concerned running up against a team that is pass happy and don't care to air it out. The next few weeks will be very tough going to LCA, hosting Central and then going to Pikeville. I just hope to come out of those three without any serious injuries. I could see Belfry going 1-2 or 0-3. I hope I am wrong but that's the way I see it. Hopefully they prove me very wrong. There's no doubt they will give their best, its just very daunting against three teams that return a lot of players. LCA and Pikeville were at Kroger last December and I expect them both to be there again. After those three games, I don't see anymore challenges for the Pirates until they go to Louisa. That will be a battle..could go either way and I think Belfry will fall to Johnson Central. Toughest schedule I have seen them play but I think it will benefit them to another deep run towards Lexington again.
Dont get to see Belfry often. They didnt disappoint. Congrats team and staff.
I don't think it would be a bad thing to have 1 late football game every Friday Night televised.......I liked it..
I miss HSFOOTBALL. I hope he or she is okay. I look forward to learning more about the Belfry football program from them.
I agree. I think Belfry looks better at this point in the season than last years team.