Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Corbin 42 Whitley County 13
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final. I was hoping PJDoug was going to come to where I was sitting. I had a bad evening PJ, my brakes went out on my truck before I came over to the game. I had to hitch a ride.. 

Corbin looked conservative IMO. 

Whitleys QB I like him.. He has alot of potential. Hefty Lefty. 

Combs and Elam running Touchdowns tonight. 

Thoughts?
Was this one competitive somewhat? Or Corbin jump out big early and throw in the bench?
(08-27-2022, 12:31 AM)smoke1015 Wrote: [ -> ]Was this one competitive somewhat? Or Corbin jump out big early and throw in the bench?
Corbin could have put up 80 if they wanted
Sounded like that the hounds took it easy for once on their friendly rival. Is whitley good enough to turn it around?
Corbin looked the part tonight. If the boys can handle the long trip, next week should be another happy Friday night.
(08-27-2022, 01:00 AM)Gridiron_Raid Wrote: [ -> ]Sounded like that the hounds took it easy for once on their friendly rival. Is whitley good enough to turn it around?
As someone said above. A very nice QB and some tall talented WRs. Defense could probably use some work. They had the ability to hit the big plays. They just need to sustain long drives. Field position was an enemy to them tonight (credit Corbin), but you have to use what ya got. But I did really like WCs skill players. 

Lot of young talent on the field for Corbin tonight. They excelled. The future is bright, talent wise. What we do with that talent, well you know my thoughts on the matter. 

but Corbin better tighten up defensively. The TD Whitley scored was BS. PI all day long. But oh well. But they showed some of our areas we need to work on.
(08-27-2022, 12:44 AM)KnoxvillesFinest Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-27-2022, 12:31 AM)smoke1015 Wrote: [ -> ]Was this one competitive somewhat? Or Corbin jump out big early and throw in the bench?
Figured.
(08-27-2022, 01:00 AM)Gridiron_Raid Wrote: [ -> ]Sounded like that the hounds took it easy for once on their friendly rival. Is whitley good enough to turn it around?

I was honestly paying attention to Whitley to see how they would dive into this one and mainly they came out and ran a bunch of QB keeps and basic handoffs. That just plays right into Corbins defense right now, they are swarming defensively. Then Whitley began to pass in the second quarter and to me, that looked a bit promising for them. The QB I like very much and he has a cannon. Whitley needs to run what I call shorter routes and let him throw it somewhat faster. He made some nice throws and there was some nice catches. They moved the ball hear and there passing. But Corbin was just too much. 

Corbin showed flashes of being very elite. But like I said earlier, looked more on the conservative side but not bad at all. Next week will be the real contest..
Congratulations to The Redhounds.
(08-27-2022, 12:44 AM)KnoxvillesFinest Wrote: [ -> ]

No they couldn't. You get more lame with each post.
Corbin has a very good football yeam, and Whitley County was outmatched, but I saw a lot of positives for my Colonels.

no. They’re really not.

looking at the rest of their schedule, the only games they’ll even be able to be competitive in are Harlan county, south, and maybe north. I’m gonna say 1-9 regular season
(08-27-2022, 10:14 AM)pjdoug Wrote: [ -> ]Corbin has a very good football yeam, and Whitley County was outmatched, but I saw a lot of positives for my Colonels.

team*
(08-27-2022, 10:14 AM)pjdoug Wrote: [ -> ]Corbin has a very good football yeam, and Whitley County was outmatched, but I saw a lot of positives for my Colonels.

Your young men played very hard and never gave up Dougie, that’s all you can really ask for.  That’s over half the battle in football, get the kids to play hard and play for each other.
Wasn’t Mason Crowley ranked one of the top Middle School quarterbacks in KY three years ago? Crowley is now a Sr. Why hasn’t he ever been givin the opportunity to play HS QB at Whitley? I just don’t get it? The kid had all that experience playing the position and he’s a smart phenomenal athlete. What does it take?
(08-27-2022, 02:14 PM)Bulldogs4Ever Wrote: [ -> ]Wasn’t Mason Crowley ranked one of the top Middle School quarterbacks in KY three years ago?  Crowley is now a Sr.  Why hasn’t he ever been givin the opportunity to play HS QB at Whitley?    I just don’t get it?  The kid had all that experience playing the position and he’s a smart phenomenal athlete.  What does it take?

Fair question. QB position to me is the #1 postition on a team to figure out on the offensive side of the ball, especially with running certain type offenses that will be passing the ball. I would have to run drills in my practices to see what my guys are capable of. The current QB didn't look bad. There was some times he rolled out that if he would have stopped half way and looked, he had open targets, but by the time he got to pass, they were covered, but film corrects that and experience. Crowley looked like a good one. But the one runs that looked like it worked the best was when the QB ran inside the pocket and got some big gains after the pocket was created. But your asking what does it take? It takes coaches with a open mind and willing to try different athelets to see if the shoe fits IMO. You never know who is the next RUDY....  Smile
Seldom care if corbin wins, this one tho, makes me smile.
(08-27-2022, 01:02 PM)TD Hounds Wrote: [ -> ]

Your young men played very hard and never gave up Dougie, that’s all you can really ask for.  That’s over half the battle in football, get the kids to play hard and play for each other.

I'm happy with them as long as I keep seeing improvement. I think they'll be a lot better by season's end and next season. If not maybe I'll start whining.lol
(08-27-2022, 06:22 PM)rookie57 Wrote: [ -> ]Seldom care if corbin wins, this one tho, makes me smile.

I bet you ain't smiling like I do when you drive back across the country after your team gets their hind end smoked Smile
Congratulations to Corbin and keep working Whitley County
(08-27-2022, 09:05 PM)pjdoug Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-27-2022, 06:22 PM)rookie57 Wrote: [ -> ]Seldom care if corbin wins, this one tho, makes me smile.

I bet you ain't smiling like I do when you drive back across the country after your team gets their hind end smoked Smile

Big Grin