Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Russell @ Raceland 8/27
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Russell will travel to Raceland this Saturday.

Russell (0-1)
Aug 19, 22 Boone County home (L) 18 - 20

Raceland (1-0)
Aug 20, 22 Ashland Blazer at Wheelersburg, OH (W) 34 - 7

Series
Oct 26, 2007 Russell 35 Raceland 14
Oct 31, 2008 Raceland 30 Russell 23
Oct 23, 2009 Raceland 27 Russell 15
Oct 22, 2010 Raceland 42 Russell 30
Oct 28, 2011 Raceland 36 Russell 21
Oct 26, 2012 Raceland 25 Russell 14
Oct 30, 2015 Raceland 27 Russell 21 OT(overtime)
Oct 28, 2016 Russell 29 Raceland 28
Oct 27, 2017 Raceland 26 Russell 14
Oct 26, 2018 Raceland 14 Russell 7
Aug 31, 2019 Russell 41 Raceland 0
Nov 6, 2020 Russell 41 Raceland 21
Aug 28, 2021 Russell 28 Raceland 18

Thoughts?
If Russell doesn’t clean up the mistakes from the Boone County game then it will be a long night for them. Russell has potential to have a very strong running game but I think the spread offense limits their potential. Defensively I think they will struggle against Raceland. Raceland has the ability to stretch the ball in the air and run effectively and I think Russell will struggle with giving up big chunk plays. I look for this game to be closer than the Ashland game but I think Rams are at least 2 scores better.

Raceland 28
Russell 10
Raceland 24-14
Another big year in the East in 1A teams.

Raceland.42
Russell 14
Russell has outscored Raceland 110-39 in their last 3 meetings. In the first of those, they knocked Heighton out of the game causing him to miss the next 4 games. The Devils have a special way of bringing the pain in their rivalry games. I expect nothing less from Russell in this one, especially with 2 former Devils being on the other side. The Rams better strap their helmets on tight and perhaps listen to Al Pacino’s Any Given Sunday speech in the locker room.

That being said, I expect Raceland to try to match Russell’s physical play with the motivation of not wanting to lose the inaugural game on their new turf. What a war this one should be. After seeing both teams play, though, I think Russell is stronger, more physical, and will come out with more anger having lost last week. Devils pull the upset by 3 on a Totten FG.
RAMS by 2+ scores.
Rams win big to much offense for Russell
After watching scrimmage/grid games a couple weeks ago, I felt like Raceland was capable of putting a running clock on Ashland and Russell. Raceland was an over pursuing LB (on Jennings TD run) and about 2 inches short of a first down, from doing just that last night.

Early in the game with Boone, Russell looked like a team that Raceland would handle without issue. Pack didnt show any real signs of being consistent enough to make Patrick a threat and the run game was just kind of so so. Russell then found their 3 headed monster out of the backfield on the counter and that forced boone to load up the box, leaving Patrick in one on one with no safety help and made some big plays. Russells run game is stout.

Russell will have to stay balanced on defense to defend Racelands offense. If they load the box we will pick them apart in the shallow/screen game. If they play soft coverage and bend/not break to stop the big play, Wallace, Jules, and Mr Downhill Browning will eat all night. They gave up some big plays to Boone on the ground and the air.

Russell is bigger upfront, but defensively we are much faster. This game will be closer and the kicker from Russell will keep Raceland in way worse field positions than Ashland could. Maynard seems to have our number the last three years, but i dont think he makes it 4 years in a row.

Patrick makes some big plays and Russell will get a drive going on the counter that tempos them a way to score as well. But im still going with Raceland in the home opener.
Rams pull away late.

Raceland 34
Russell 17
Russell better be ready to fight for 48 minutes with Raceland playing their first game on turf. This could end up 41-0 in favor of the Rams if Russell isn’t ready to play 48 minutes. I don’t think Raceland could be any more hyped especially after the losing the last 3 and new turf.
Raceland 41-Russell 7. Rams defense is too tough
No matter the side of the rivalry he’s been on, Russell coach TJ Maynard is 7-3 in this rivalry. The games he has lost have been by 6 in OT, by 12, and by 7. I just can’t see him walking away from this game getting beat by some of the margins being predicted here, particularly with the strong team he has this year. Russell fumbled and stumbled their way to a 2 point loss to a physically respectable Boone County team. Teams have the most improvement from week 1 to 2 and I think the Russell coaching staff is a big advantage in this game. I also think Russell presents a completely different challenge from what is a very soft Ashland team. I do think Raceland is the real deal this year and should win this game, but this game is not going to be physically easy for the Rams or mentally easy for the Raceland coaching staff.
Raceland has the skill kids to make it to Kroger field but they will go as far as their line will take them. Defensively the devils need to do whatever it takes to get pressure on Lundy if you let him stand back there all day they will pick you apart. The rams defense is based on speed but Russell’s strength is the size and strength of the line, they are much better than Ashland up front, If the Devils can get a body on them and run downhill with the 3 backs it could be a very interesting game, speed vs strength
Rams by eleventy billion!
If Russell goes up two scores like they did last year Raceland can’t win. If Mike tries to eat clock and doesn’t take shots down the field Raceland won’t win. We played Assland straight up pretty much all nigh defensively Saturday and shut them down. I believe Raceland will be fine defensively with anyone they play but…..can we get enough out of the offense against better team? Is Russell a better team?? Nobody really knows who is what yet. As Scotty says ….this is why we play the games haha
This one won't be close. Rams win big.
If we keep their run game in check without loading the box, we will winn by 2+ scores. If we dont, we will have to battle.
This years Russell team isn’t built for the spread. They have potential to have a very solid running game if their players are used right. If Russell come out and pounds then ball at us and eats clock it could be interesting. Defensively they look suspect though. They had moments that looked good against Boone but other times looked really bad.
28-10 RHS.

Raceland, that is.
(08-22-2022, 10:44 AM)RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote: [ -> ]Rams by eleventy billion!
Plus a two point conversion hehe
Rams have the better overall team and it’s a very good one maybe their best team ever. Russell has Racelands number and figure this ends up being a dog fight. Which star player for either team will make the most plays to get the W. I like Russell in overtime but Raceland should win this game.
(08-22-2022, 09:56 PM)T-CATS Wrote: [ -> ]Rams have the better overall team and it’s a very good one maybe their best team ever. Russell has Racelands number and figure this ends up being a dog fight. Which star player for either team will make the most plays to get the W.  I like Russell in overtime but Raceland should win this game.
Raceland had the better team last year as well and we all know what happened in that game. The loss to Russell was a bad loss last year. Mike tends to coach himself out of the game when he faces TJ.
(08-22-2022, 09:59 PM)RAMDAD50 Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-22-2022, 09:56 PM)T-CATS Wrote: [ -> ]Rams have the better overall team and it’s a very good one maybe their best team ever. Russell has Racelands number and figure this ends up being a dog fight. Which star player for either team will make the most plays to get the W.  I like Russell in overtime but Raceland should win this game.
Raceland had the better team last year as well and we all know what happened in that game. The loss to Russell was a bad loss last year. Mike tends to coach himself out of the game when he faces TJ.
TJ has always seemed to have Raceland’s number.  I played against him when he coached at Greenup and his teams were tough and we never won against them.
Where have all the russell people gone 9n here?
Seems like I agree with several others here. Raceland is the better team who should roll in the opening game on their home field, but I have a feeling that the coaching of Russell combined with the physicality of Russell will keep this one close.
raceland by 21
This game will not be close. We have to many transfers and Covid hold backs!???
(08-23-2022, 09:31 PM)RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote: [ -> ]This game will not be close. We have to many transfers and Covid hold backs!???
Damn….you are trying to spice this thread up hahah. Nobody can argue that cause everyone did it. Hell Belfry played with a 28 year old that won Player of the year  haha
Raceland should win this game easily. And listen Ram fans I’m not bagging on you guys, I think you guys did a great job of trying to up the schedule this year. It’s not your guys fault that Ashland is way down, Highlands is way down, Russell isn’t anywhere near what they’ve been in some past years, and Paintsville is way way down. Add in the fact that the Rams are very good. I do think the Highlands game, even though I call them down, will be a nice challenge. But I just don’t see any other even remotely challenging games on the schedule. Once again not necessarily your fault. I watched your game with Ashland, and I was impressed.
I hope to watch this game as well but I’ll see if it works out. Good luck to you guys on an injury free game that’s intended to the Red Devils as well. If I’m able to watch, I’ll give my assessment of the Rams afterwards, but as of now I think you guys are the team to beat in Single A.
Lord god Ram fans!!! Dont buy unto whatever Micro-Brew is selling to drink!!! We have all said these things before and we all fell on our faces, had to eat crow, brought sacks of cash to Jet's runway, you name it. The Pikeville Birchfields, I mean Panthers, are still the team to beat, imo. Until a single A team knocks them down, they are THE man. Watched some Hazard clips as well...DAMN. THEY LOOK GOOD. Good size, good atheleticism, well coached and have some of the best OL footwork I have seen in sometime. Tbh, they remind me of the Olinger led team that beat Mayfield in the title game a decadenor so ago.

Buuuuuut, the Rams are definitely full of fire this year. Havent seen the TEAM this hyped up in a very, very, long time. Practices are still off the charts competitive. Which is spilling over into the JV, Frosh, MS, and even JFL programs. Lot of good things rolling in the football program from the ground up. Satueday cant get here soon enough!!!

Im calling it now thiugh, Ram-A-Devil is goina piss all up in someone's cherios before all is said and done this week!!!
(08-23-2022, 10:47 PM)Scotty_Bronson Wrote: [ -> ]Lord god Ram fans!!! Dont buy unto whatever Micro-Brew is selling to drink!!! We have all said these things before and we all fell on our faces, had to eat crow, brought sacks of cash to Jet's runway, you name it. The Pikeville Birchfields, I mean Panthers, are still the team to beat, imo. Until a single A team knocks them down, they are THE man. Watched some Hazard clips as well...DAMN. THEY LOOK GOOD. Good size, good atheleticism, well coached and have some of the best OL footwork I have seen in sometime. Tbh, they remind me of the Olinger led team that beat Mayfield in the title game a decadenor so ago.

Buuuuuut, the Rams are definitely full of fire this year. Havent seen the TEAM this hyped up in a very, very, long time. Practices are still off the charts competitive. Which is spilling over into the JV, Frosh, MS, and even JFL programs. Lot of good things rolling in the football program from the ground up. Satueday cant get here soon enough!!!

Im calling it now thiugh, Ram-A-Devil is goina piss all up in someone's cherios before all is said and done this week!!!
Ram a devil has tried…nobody has taken the bait. Can’t even get a good fight on this site anymore haha …what’s the world coming to?
Pages: 1 2 3 4