Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Death Of Paul Tibbets
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Paul Tibbets, the man who flew the B-29 bomber "Enola Gay", whiched dropped the atomic bomb on the Japanese city of Hiroshima in 1945 has died at age 92. I mention this as I considered him to be a American hero, yet he requested no funeral or headstone to deter possible protesters. How our nation has changed...................
Wow, I bet he thought everyday off all the people that killed. RIP.
lawrencefan Wrote:Paul Tibbets, the man who flew the B-29 bomber "Enola Gay", whiched dropped the atomic bomb on the Japanese city of Hiroshima in 1945 has died at age 92. I mention this as I considered him to be a American hero, yet he requested no funeral or headstone to deter possible protesters. How our nation has changed...................
I believe he didn't want all of this in order to keep peace. There would have been all the groups that oppose nuclear war protesting at his funeral and probably constantly going to his grave and destroying it. Smart move on his part.
Beef Wrote:I believe he didn't want all of this in order to keep peace. There would have been all the groups that oppose nuclear war protesting at his funeral and probably constantly going to his grave and destroying it. Smart move on his part.

It's sad that people would do this and not allow his friends and family pay respects to him with a funeral
TOMCAT06 Wrote:It's sad that people would do this and not allow his friends and family pay respects to him with a funeral

true true.
Now this is one guy that I would have love to have sat down one Sunday with, and had a long conversation, and just listened to his war stories. Im a sucker for war stories, but Im sure this guy could tell some good ones..One of the men who fueled up the Enola Gay, is from Dorton, Ky..and Ive had the pleasure of talking to him a few times in the past. I consider Paul Tibbets one of the genuine American heroes. A man who done his duty with honor, and without question. It is definitely sad at how the generations after his have utterly destroyed our country. Although its still the greatest country on the planet, we should thank our soldiers who are fighting everywhere, not just Iraq. But the strength and integrity of our country laid down by each and every one of our grandparents and parents during their generations, have gone unchallenged since...and the recent generations followed could take a lesson from people like Paul Tibbets..