Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: JCHS Field
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Will the new field be ready by the time the 08 season?? I drove by there the other night and it is getting a major overhaul.
It and the baseball field should be ready for action by the start of the season. If delays and other things hold the progress back I could see them maybe using the Cal Ripken field as a possible temporary home.
GRIZZ Wrote:It and the baseball field should be ready for action by the start of the season. If delays and other things hold the progress back I could see them maybe using the Cal Ripken field as a possible temporary home.

I would hate to see that happen!!Sad
I would too, but I'm pretty sure they wouldn't have demolished everything if they didn't know for sure that the field would be done in time for the girls to play.
Let us hope that all of the construction is finished before ball season begins for the boys and girls. Where will they practice???
20/20 Wrote:I would hate to see that happen!!Sad
Why??? Cal Ripkon has been using the Lady Eagles field for the last 2 years?
Surely it isn't getting that selfish already!
The Guru Wrote:Why??? Cal Ripkon has been using the Lady Eagles field for the last 2 years?
Surely it isn't getting that selfish already!

Nothing to do with being selfish or Cal Ripken!! I just want the fields to be ready and done both in baseball and softball. I just know that it looks like it is going to take a lot of work but I hope that both have great new facilities. I wasn't even trying to start anything of that nature. I know that Cal Ripken will get to use these facilities as well.:Thumbs:
20/20 Wrote:Nothing to do with being selfish or Cal Ripken!! I just want the fields to be ready and done both in baseball and softball. I just know that it looks like it is going to take a lot of work but I hope that both have great new facilities. I wasn't even trying to start anything of that nature. I know that Cal Ripken will get to use these facilities as well.:Thumbs:
See,....this is how the written word can look a whole lot different than the spoken word!
When I read your post, I thought you didn't want to see softball playing on a Ripkin field. but if we had been talking in person, I would have understood that you just want all the fields ready!
Besides, when I have to type my thoughts you all get to see what a terrible speller I am!!!
I bet you JC is on their new field before Paintsville is on theirs and Paintsville's had (3) "five year plans" from their buddies with the KHSAA
Lisa Douglas Wrote:I bet you JC is on their new field before Paintsville is on theirs and Paintsville's had (3) "five year plans" from their buddies with the KHSAA

Goofed up trying to edit...

Anyway... I hope JC gets theirs before Paintsville... so then we can have one more thing to hold over the heads of the folk,s who are and have always, dragged their feet on this project!Shame on them!
Lisa Douglas Wrote:Goofed up trying to edit...

Anyway... I hope JC gets theirs before Paintsville... so then we can have one more thing to hold over the heads of the folk,s who are and have always, dragged their feet on this project!Shame on them!

So, I take it that Paintsville's field still isn't finihsed. Bummer.
Well, they park buses on it.....Rolleyes
Pickle-princess Wrote:So, I take it that Paintsville's field still isn't finihsed. Bummer.
They were able to practice on it, but no lights, no dugouts, no scoreboards, no...etc. etc. etc.!
I'd love to see the boys program folks help the girls program to make this field a reality... then the boys program would have a wonderful case to get something done to upgrade their field.
Paintsville's softball "field" is supposed to be completed THIS year.

However, I'm going to make few "predictions" (I hope do NOT come true):

1. The paperwork supposedly tied up in Frankfort for approval of the field's plans will be delayed into January or later.

2. Once the paperwork delay clears, contruction will be delayed due to "unforseen" wet and cold weather conditions...in the middle of winter (sarcasm intended).

3. Once the ground dries, some other acute financial "need" will come up and funding will be a problem for field completion (besides bleachers, scoreboard, lights, dugouts and pressbox, the field MUST be resurfaced due to its use as a football "practice field", parking lot, and from continued settling).

I will say, however, if these "predictions" come true endangering Paintsville softball having a home this year and the softball parents renew the same drive they had a couple years ago, a legal problem will develop very quickly for Paintsville administration. The players/parents have been forbearing in allowing the Board the freedom to execute Title IX requirements in as financially undemanding a way as possible.

There's now no more time for appeasement (as happened 2 years ago when fill dirt and fencing were placed). I don't believe any plea for "more time" in getting the project completed at this point will be taken well at all.
So many things to share............ soo little space.
Any updates on the field???????
oneijoe Wrote:Paintsville's softball "field" is supposed to be completed THIS year.

However, I'm going to make few "predictions" (I hope do NOT come true):

1. The paperwork supposedly tied up in Frankfort for approval of the field's plans will be delayed into January or later.

2. Once the paperwork delay clears, contruction will be delayed due to "unforseen" wet and cold weather conditions...in the middle of winter (sarcasm intended).

3. Once the ground dries, some other acute financial "need" will come up and funding will be a problem for field completion (besides bleachers, scoreboard, lights, dugouts and pressbox, the field MUST be resurfaced due to its use as a football "practice field", parking lot, and from continued settling).

I will say, however, if these "predictions" come true endangering Paintsville softball having a home this year and the softball parents renew the same drive they had a couple years ago, a legal problem will develop very quickly for Paintsville administration. The players/parents have been forbearing in allowing the Board the freedom to execute Title IX requirements in as financially undemanding a way as possible.

There's now no more time for appeasement (as happened 2 years ago when fill dirt and fencing were placed). I don't believe any plea for "more time" in getting the project completed at this point will be taken well at all.
They can put some major pressure on the school if they choose to do so...I remember hearing of one school who was told they could not play baseball on their field until the girls field was completed because of foot dragging. I also heard of another who was told that they could not use the lights on their baseball field until the softball field was also lighted...Now, most people don't want to go that far because a lot of times it affects friends and other kids, sometimes even kids in the same house when one plays baseball & the other softball...But, if the same promises are heard and not kept every year, sometimes you have to play "hardball"...No pun intended!!
Pickle-princess Wrote:Any updates on the field???????
April 1 is the last word I have been told.
Ring'Em Up Wrote:April 1 is the last word I have been told.

I hope that it stays on schedule.....their first scheduled home game is April 4. What about the rest of the facility is it still on schedule? Will both fields be ready at that time?
I guess our guys are used to playing "hard ball", but just not being on the receiving end of things. It's past time for parents and yes, players to hold folks accountable for their actions or lack thereof. Like @ many other schools... it's a hard thing to shut down a program in order to get someone's attention, but shutting things down can be arranged if that's the way they want it. Paintsville's softball field of dreams complex needs to be finished before this season begins.... why? Because it's the right thing to do for goodness sakes! Stop treating the girls like 2nd class citizens or maybe they'd like to play their boys games @ the Little League field or on a dirt infield. The girls have to play their games on a grass infield and then go play everyone else and tournaments on a dirt infield... talk about playing with a hand tied behind their backs... sheesh... and while I'm on it, why didn't they hire Adam Collins @ Paintsville?
Good news for you.The bathrooms and dugouts are in the bid process.The bids are scheduled to be opened Tuesday.When they are opened construction should start soon after.Then the Field of Dreams can be complete.It is long overdue.
Is this the PHS Field of Dreams Softbal Complex or the JCHS field?
Lisa Douglas Wrote:Is this the PHS Field of Dreams Softbal Complex or the JCHS field?
The PHS Field of Dreams.JCHS has been bid and awarded.Their dugouts should start in a couple of weeks and everything will be complete by April 1st.
They ought to invite Randy Hale to throw out the 1st pitch! He's the one who brought Softball & Volleyball to PHS. (since no one ever "Thanked" him properly for all his work)
Will Paintsville's coach keep softball on the back burner while she assists girls basketball again this year? If so, will Gambill cover this responsibility?

(sry bout that... I'll begin a new thread on this.... )