Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Raceland @ Wheelersburg (OH) 8/12 (Scrimmage)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I was really impressed with our defense. We were able to control the run game with 7 and sometimes 6 in the box. Really flew to the football really well and tackled better than we have in years it seemed. Offense has some things to clean up, Lundy needs to relax and just do his thing. He tried to do too mich at times.
One of the Burg fans finally weighed in. I didn’t realize the Raceland offense didn’t score at all in the scrimmage. The 7 points came from a defensive score. As you said, it’s a good sign the Rams defense only gave up 7, but the offense must really need some work. It didn’t sound like Wheelersburg thought their defense was going to be shutout good this year. This was my one question mark for Raceland, the lack of a playmaker who is gone given a bit of space. Raceland will likely have to string together long drives and depend a lot on great defense. It sounds like the defense is on track. Pikeville only beat Wheelersburg 20-7 last year, so there is hope for the Rams.
(08-13-2022, 09:01 AM)16thregioner Wrote: [ -> ]One of the Burg fans finally weighed in.  I didn’t realize the Raceland offense didn’t score at all in the scrimmage.  The 7 points came from a defensive score.  As you said, it’s a good sign the Rams defense only gave up 7, but the offense must really need some work.  It didn’t sound like Wheelersburg thought their defense was going to be shutout good this year.  This was my one question mark for Raceland, the lack of a playmaker who is gone given a bit of space.  Raceland will likely have to string together long drives and depend a lot on great defense.  It sounds like the defense is on track.  Pikeville only beat Wheelersburg 20-7 last year, so there is hope for the Rams.
Raceland had a long TD run called back because of a holding penalty, & gave up one long TD run as well. Outside the long run the RAM Defense was pretty solid. Offense will come around but as for now I'd say the defense is a little bit ahead of the offense.
Defense is always ahead of the offense this time of year. I’m pretty sure the play calling for both teams was very vanilla last night to say the least. I mean … how much of a team’s offense is even installed so early in season?I wasn’t there last night but people I know that support both sides say the same. It was a great scrimmage and both teams got better and that’s what you want from a scrimmage. Hats off to the staff at Raceland for scheduling two great scrimmage games for the Rams. Now …let’s move on to Assland
Pages: 1 2