Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Reds Moves - Dunn, Hatteberg & Valentine are back...What about Hamilton?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Adam Dunn, Scott Hatteberg and Javier Valentin will be back. The club is picking up the options on Dunn, Hatteberg and Valentin. The club declined the option of reliever Eddie Guardado, who attempted to comeback from Tommy John surgery last season.

One interesting note: The Reds will not bring back Johnny Narron, who served as major-league video/administrative coach last season for the Reds. He is the brother of Jerry Narron, but more importantly, he was the mentor for Josh Hamilton. When Hamilton went on injury rehab, Narron went with him rather than stay with the team. Part of Narron's job description was to help Hamilton, who was coming back after missing nearly four seasons on drug suspension, any way necessary.

Will this effect Hamilton's statis with the Reds next season?

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a...711010348/
I wonder what moves Baker will make this offseason.
I agree with all the player moves. Hatteberg and Valentin are both signed for a decent rate, and Dunn's salary is also probably less than his market value. I would't mind if they signed him to a 4-5 year extension, either.

I disagree with letting Johnny Narron go, though. Even if his sole job on the team was to keep Hamilton's head on straight, hiring him seems a small price to pay in return for all that production.