Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Kansas Team Scores 72 points....In the 1st quarter!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Smith Center High in Kansas scored 72 points in the first quarter of a high school football game Tuesday night on the way to an 86-0 win over Plainville, Kansas. Smith Center forced six turnovers in the first quarter as it racked up what is believed to be a record for points in a quarter by a high school team. The previous record was 66 by Prescott, Ariz., in 1925. The defending state champion has outscored its opponents 640-0 so far this season, including a 69-0 win over Plainville earlier this year.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21554650/

Thought I would post that for what it's worth...
Thats amazing!
Wow, thats unreal.
jammin' jamey Wrote:Smith Center High in Kansas scored 72 points in the first quarter of a high school football game Tuesday night on the way to an 86-0 win over Plainville, Kansas. Smith Center forced six turnovers in the first quarter as it racked up what is believed to be a record for points in a quarter by a high school team. The previous record was 66 by Prescott, Ariz., in 1925. The defending state champion has outscored its opponents 640-0 so far this season, including a 69-0 win over Plainville earlier this year.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21554650/

Thought I would post that for what it's worth...

Wow!!! They have not been scored on.
Jeepman Wrote:Wow!!! They have not been scored on.

and everyone wants to argue how tough Russell and Belfry are this year.....Big Grin
Wow!
yeah thats amazing, not saying alot for Kansas highschool football. Do all the good players got the same school?
anyone have a clue what offense they run? its def some type of balanced pass scheme but anyone know for sure?
Well, Belfry's D hasnt got anything on them LOL!
who was they playing the Kansas school of the blind ???
I would still put our Belfry's, Bell and Russell's, and every other powerhouse that we have in this state and PROMISE to wax a good Kansas High School Football team! No comparison in high school football competition between Kansas and Kentucky!
And I thought we had it bad after being down 28-0 at the end of one to NCC in the State-Semi's.
The Massey Ratings has Smith Center ranked 2nd in the state and they would be 1A or 2A in Ky.
Plainville is rated about the same as Pikeville, Rockcastle Co. & Knox Central.

By Massey, here's how badly some Ky teams would get beat -
Russell 64-8
Breathitt 60-12
Beechwood 52-13
Belfry 53-20
Highlands 43-28
St. X 24-21
Thats just CRAZY!!!!!!!! But cool..lol
I haven't heard of that ever happening before.
BelfryPirates Wrote:Well, Belfry's D hasnt got anything on them LOL!

no one has got anything on Belfrys D ? hmmmm

Belfry Football Stats (Filed: November 1, 2007)

Team Total Statistcs
(Season-to-Date) Points Scored 398
Points Allowed 94
Total Rushing Yards 2668
Total Rushing Yards Allowed 851
Total Passing Yards 436
Total Passing Yards Allowed 464

And I mite have taken this the worng way, so if i did I will say sorry now,BUt who knows?
it is just a bunch of tyler jones on that team haha
I can't believe that team didn't score a 100 pts. in the game. They should have.
wow what a match up between them and Belfry..HAHA..but also that could be like that Matewan game last year when they played Burch I believe...their player set a record they played a decent team and had ESPNre and then got dominated.