Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 58th & 59th Districts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Was wondering how the 58th and 59th districts were looking despite all of the media attention that has been given to the 57th & 60th Districts.
I look for Betsy Layne to be the best team in the 58th and Shelby Valley to continue their recent run of district championships in the 59th.
I know there are several schools that have new coaches this year BL and SV, so we might have to wait and see how the girls perform for their new coaches. I for one feel that Allen Central will have the front running in the 58th. They have a new coach also, but he has coached several of their returning ladies before. So i kinda look for AC to take the 58th this year. Good luck to Coach Martin and the AC Lady Rebs.
rebel yell Wrote:I know there are several schools that have new coaches this year BL and SV, so we might have to wait and see how the girls perform for their new coaches. I for one feel that Allen Central will have the front running in the 58th. They have a new coach also, but he has coached several of their returning ladies before. So i kinda look for AC to take the 58th this year. Good luck to Coach Martin and the AC Lady Rebs.

I have very high respect for Coach Martin and the Lady Rebs. But I think they will struggle early and will have to battle to stay out of the bottom of the 58th. Betsy Layne is the favorite and although they have a new coach, Harold Tackett is no stranger to a sideline. Yet this time, he has no excuses if this team doesn't finish first. He's inherited a very talented and young team. Also, South Floyd returns everyone minus one player from last year's squad and they have showed slow and steady improvement and should be a factor this year in a very weak overall 58th district. Prestonsburg and Allen Central will be in the thick of it.

One thing working for AC is that they don't have a whole lot of ground to make up to be competitive in the district and I look for them to be a factor come district tournament. Don't be surprised to see the Lady Rebs make the 15th Regional Tournament, as long as they stay away from a 1st round district matchup with Betsy Layne.
1. BL (but coach could make the difference for them. Tackett might hurt more then he helps)
2. S.F
3. Prestonsburg
4. AC
the ladycats of betsy layne will do just fine with coach tackett
meganwillis you must have a personal grudge against coach t
you have always been negative towards him in your posts
but i think all the county teams will been in the hunt at the end of the season
if you are going to compare coach T to coach Keathley you nust be dead wrong. I really thought that if Coach K would have stayed the lady cats would make a serious run toward a regional title and would have won the all a title. but new coach always seems to take a while for the team to come together and this is what might hurt them.