Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 14th region predictions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
I’m not drinking that blue Breathitt Kool-aid yet. If John Noble couldn’t coach them kids how in the world will BB? Can BB Lasso and put a saddle on them Mustangs? Time will tell. Personally I like Hazard and Perry better to win.
(10-15-2022, 08:14 AM)YDukeBoy Wrote: [ -> ]I’m not drinking that blue Breathitt Kool-aid yet.  If John Noble couldn’t coach them kids how in the world will BB?  Can BB Lasso and put a saddle on them Mustangs?  Time will tell.  Personally I like Hazard and Perry better to win.
I think you are on to something but I think BB can control 95% of those boys ( the other 5% im sure you know who they are) I BB will have a hard time with the parents..problem with breathitts team is some of the parents think their son is the next Kobe and needs to shoot 20-30 shots a game and when you got a talented team like breathitt that’s just not realistic if you are wanting to win as well!!

(10-14-2022, 04:35 PM)Bluegrassguy Wrote: [ -> ]Austin Sperry is without doubt the most talented player in the region. It’s not even close when you talk about upside. Colleges at that level don’t offer kids who are not that level or close. Big Bryce also makes them the favorite on paper. 
However, the region is Perry’s to lose, until someone proves it other wise no matter the deal. Interesting moves with the new head of officials being announced. And the resignation of Brian Cook. 
Also at Cordia, Lotts Creek could have some new people coming around soon from the rumors going around Perry co. Wondering if that gets Robinson and Brooks back. 
Hazard / Wolfe also are sleepers to win it, if Thompson gets hot in Campton anything can happen. Depending on cordia transfers all could be for nothing. After seeing and reading posts and their schedule Letcher appears to be a changed program. No real alpha in the pack but a ton of good high school players.
I can agree with almost all of this..only thing I will say is Brooks and Robinson will not be back at Cordia this year or ever..Cordia burnt that bridge to the grower and it’s still on fire..Cordia was on the right track bringing in good solid talent but the ones that run the school just can’t stand seeing something that could potentially be a better situation than what Rhodes had going on over there..Cordia will always bring in good talent but most of those kids are uncoachable and that makes it difficult for any coach when your hands are tied as a coach!
Heard this morning that Ex Cordia head Coach Denny Farler was hired as assistant/strength coach/teacher for Perry. I thought Kyle Maggard was Perry’s strength coach. Maybe he is going to Cordia.
Hazard will be tough this year. If I recall correctly they should have 7-10 seniors (Idk how many get playing time) on their roster. Hard to beat an experienced team that is coached by Big Al.
Breathitt
Perry
Everyone else
Breathitt has the talent to play into the weekend of the state tournament, and they have the ability to lose in the region. I made this statement last year, and I'm sticking with it this year as well. Until someone knocks Perry Central off, they still have to be considered the favorites. I believe Breathitt is the more talented team, but talent alone doesn't win you games. I believe B.B. will have the Bobcats dialed in, and you will see a more disciplined team. The pieces are there for them to be one of the great Breathitt teams, but they must cut down on turnovers, and be more disciplined defensively. If B.B. can't get this team to play together, no one will.
Not gonna come to PCC and beat Perry in the Region. Breathitt may be able to shoot for a Runner-up Trophy.
(10-19-2022, 03:17 PM)DukeBoy Wrote: [ -> ]Not gonna come to PCC and beat Perry in the Region.  Breathitt may be able to shoot for a Runner-up Trophy.
As I said earlier, Perry is the favorite until someone knocks them off, but if Perry can't haul in their annual 5 star recruiting class, then it may be very tough for them to repeat. They better be loading up on players, because their roster is looking a little thin at this time. Beverly can't beat Breathitt by himself!
Oh they have more than Beverly. Have about 7 guys that have been beating Breathitt since Pee Wee League. Knight and Day will be hard to handle.
If their student section doesn’t make a sign that reads something like “We’ll beat you all DAY and all KNIGHT!” then they have failed.
That’s hilarious Black and Yellow. Great idea
Region at Perry this year? Breathitt hosted back to back years and failed but I dont think it was noble fault. Perry was just to physical men against boys.
It’s Breathitt’s world everyone else just living in it. Don’t matter where it’s played Breathitt is double digits better than anyone in the region
[/quote]
As I said earlier, Perry is the favorite until someone knocks them off, but if Perry can't haul in their annual 5 star recruiting class, then it may be very tough for them to repeat. They better be loading up on players, because their roster is looking a little thin at this time. Beverly can't beat Breathitt by himself!
[/quote]

Why do people continue to say that. What happened last year has no effect on the following year. Perry won nine games in 2021 and won the region in 2022.
[/quote]

Why do people continue to say that. What happened last year has no effect on the following year. Perry won nine games in 2021 and won the region in 2022.
[/quote]

Ha, I've always wondered that myself. Does it mean if Leslie knocks them off second game of the season then Leslie is the favorite? Or is it like the heavy weight belt and they get to be the favorite until they lose in the regional tournament?
Nothing like the Breathitt Hype Train. Chooooo Choooooo
(10-20-2022, 08:01 PM)DukeBoy Wrote: [ -> ]Nothing like the Breathitt Hype Train.  Chooooo Choooooo
You mentioned Breathitt nobody else did. But it's a legitimate question. I can see it in pro ball where the roster is basically the same year to year. But this is high school with transfers and graduations and such. Perry lost over half of their scoring to graduation and half their 3 point shooting. I'm sure you'll say others will step up and perhaps they will...but you don't know. So, the favorite is based on a lot more then last year's trophy.
Yeah, there were some people going a little overboard on Breathitt last year, even though I also thought they'd win, but this year it's more people just bashing or making fun of Breathitt. They weren't as good as expected last year, but they did win 26 games and were All A state runner up.
Breathitt won’t win a regional title at John C Combs Arena unless Perry’s team forgets where the gym is.
(10-20-2022, 09:44 PM)HCS Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, there were some people going a little overboard on Breathitt last year, even though I also thought they'd win, but this year it's more people just bashing or making fun of Breathitt. They weren't as good as expected last year, but they did win 26 games and were All A state runner up.
I think I called it spot on last year. Actually pretty close to the exact score. I’m a breathitt countian but I know these kids. They will have another good year but will fall short again in the regional tourney. Perry or hazard takes home the trophy this year with bhs runners up. They got a pissy draw last year even after the won the district. Wolfe got runners up in the district but ended up with the best draw. But that don’t matter cause you still have to beat the best to win no matter whether it’s the first round or championship game.
(10-21-2022, 12:22 AM)DukeBoy Wrote: [ -> ]Breathitt won’t win a regional title at John C Combs Arena unless Perry’s team forgets where the gym is.
You got that right!!!!
Any transfers happening in the 14th region?
Rumor in Jtown is Christian Collins and Bryce Hoskins are headed to Leslie as soon as football is over. Probably ain’t true but it’s untelling around here.
Who did Cordia hire? How many do they have playing?
(10-25-2022, 08:21 PM)Bulldogs4Ever Wrote: [ -> ]Rumor in Jtown is Christian Collins and Bryce Hoskins are headed to Leslie as soon as football is over.  Probably ain’t true but it’s untelling around here.
I don’t think there’s any truth to this. Mountain monster should be able to put these fires out with a single post….
(10-25-2022, 08:40 PM)HCS Wrote: [ -> ]Who did Cordia hire? How many do they have playing?
They hired Mitch smith the assistant at Perry last year..from what im hearing they aren’t having any luck with the NY boys this season so may be a long year for the lions if they don’t have any outsiders coming in..
How’s the best Breathitt could get on paper doing? How are BBs Bobcats?
Estill has renovated the gymnasium, facelift, new HVAC system, goals, bleachers and player or 2 in the mix. Good mix of kids, several tournaments on the schedule.
(10-25-2022, 08:21 PM)Bulldogs4Ever Wrote: [ -> ]Rumor in Jtown is Christian Collins and Bryce Hoskins are headed to Leslie as soon as football is over.  Probably ain’t true but it’s untelling around here.
I heard Shannon snagged a “BIG” out of the PCC pep section for this upcoming season. Talk about a different approach to recruiting. He leaving no stone unturned lol
Dont got to recruit your own kids.   Hard for that big to play with a broke leg last year.  Dont take a lot to turn that type of stone up.   Different approach to recruiting.   Funny. You guys ran your new coach off yet? May be time for another one.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5