Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: What’s next for belfry
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(12-30-2022, 09:04 AM)irishcard16 Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-30-2022, 12:50 AM)RTruth Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-30-2022, 12:43 AM)jetpilot Wrote: [ -> ]Death threats in my inbox in 3, 2, 1....
Facts suck for some people.

No death threats if they have any sense.

Belfry administration wants it to be an academic and football school.

If Philip Haywood wanted a basketball coach, he’d have one.
I’m gonna be honest I think I disagree with this. I’m honestly not sure he was much power with this administration. I think more butting if the heads goes on than is made public. 

And Jet, no death threats. It’s the truth.

Then the people of Belfry need to rid themselves of the principal.

I don’t think talent is their issue. We are going over today to watch them and other games.

I’ve watched a ton of games, middle and high school, the past few years, been around and know most the parents and kids involved in athletics in the 15th Region.

I’ll post more after I watch them tonight.
(12-30-2022, 04:45 PM)RTruth Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-30-2022, 09:04 AM)irishcard16 Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-30-2022, 12:50 AM)RTruth Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-30-2022, 12:43 AM)jetpilot Wrote: [ -> ]Death threats in my inbox in 3, 2, 1....
Facts suck for some people.

No death threats if they have any sense.

Belfry administration wants it to be an academic and football school.

If Philip Haywood wanted a basketball coach, he’d have one.
I’m gonna be honest I think I disagree with this. I’m honestly not sure he was much power with this administration. I think more butting if the heads goes on than is made public. 

And Jet, no death threats. It’s the truth.

Then the people of Belfry need to rid themselves of the principal.

I don’t think talent is their issue. We are going over today to watch them and other games.

I’ve watched a ton of games, middle and high school, the past few years, been around and know most the parents and kids involved in athletics in the 15th Region.

I’ll post more after I watch them tonight.
Let me save you the time and money. You’re gonna see a team that’s pretty athletic, not a ton of size. Very undisciplined and will have no identity.
Hypothetical question. Had Belfry not ran off the only coach they had to ever win a regional championship, and he won 3 in a row, now albeit he had some unreal talent, but back yo the point……Had they not ran him off and his son, a Ky Mr Basketball, played at Belfry would they have won more than those 3 regional championships by now?
I’d say yes. But for some reason some people weren’t real happy that he and his staff was winning all those years ago.
[/quote]

Let me save you the time and money. You’re gonna see a team that’s pretty athletic, not a ton of size. Very undisciplined and will have no identity.
[/quote]

The good, as always, Belfry is as good as place as any to watch a basketball game. Great lighting, great hot dogs, plenty of room and great seating. Parking is plentiful and plenty of places to grab fast food after.

They had some quality teams and matchups. Avon and Huntington are very athletic. Breathitt played a solid team. Pike Central played quality competition. You got a good sense of how the 15th stacks up against teams coaching and athletically between us coming and going the 3 days.

The bad, 15th region officials are average at best. Two games yesterday got way to physical.

The ugly. Breathitt looks uninspired and lost. Coach King passing has probably cost them a region title. Unfortunate for that community that has been through so much. Pike Central athletically challenged and looked terrible against Avon at times.

Belfry, good googlymoogly. I got to watch them at JC and at Paintsville then on DND a couple times. Athletes for the 15th, young, but play street ball. It’s basically a Mark Thompson team without transfers and they have gotten worse.
The coaching situation, it’s not uncommon for schools to not open a job. It happens more than most think and even when they do you know who is getting it in the 15th.
I was under the impression that Coach Hagy took it because no one else in the Belfry system wanted it, I was quickly informed by the Belfry parents that that was not the case and that both names I through out were not approached and when they approached the administration, was told to pound sand.

Folks it’s 2023, you cannot coach 2 high school sports and be successful in this day and age. Not at a high level.

Belfry is going to lose kids over that mess and there is more than 2-3 schools hoping those kids come their way.

Yawl need an administration change, January 1.
[/quote]

The good, as always, Belfry is as good as place as any to watch a basketball game. Great lighting, great hot dogs, plenty of room and great seating. Parking is plentiful and plenty of places to grab fast food after.

They had some quality teams and matchups. Avon and Huntington are very athletic. Breathitt played a solid team. Pike Central played quality competition. You got a good sense of how the 15th stacks up against teams coaching and athletically between us coming and going the 3 days.

The bad, 15th region officials are average at best. Two games yesterday got way to physical.

The ugly. Breathitt looks uninspired and lost. Coach King passing has probably cost them a region title. Unfortunate for that community that has been through so much. Pike Central athletically challenged and looked terrible against Avon at times.

Belfry, good googlymoogly. I got to watch them at JC and at Paintsville then on DND a couple times. Athletes for the 15th, young, but play street ball. It’s basically a Mark Thompson team without transfers and they have gotten worse.
The coaching situation, it’s not uncommon for schools to not open a job. It happens more than most think and even when they do you know who is getting it in the 15th.
I was under the impression that Coach Hagy took it because no one else in the Belfry system wanted it, I was quickly informed by the Belfry parents that that was not the case and that both names I through out were not approached and when they approached the administration, was told to pound sand.

Folks it’s 2023, you cannot coach 2 high school sports and be successful in this day and age. Not at a high level.

Belfry is going to lose kids over that mess and there is more than 2-3 schools hoping those kids come their way.

[/quote]

They need a change in both boys/girls but that’s not going to happen. The administration will not make a change and for Belfry fans they are tired of fighting for all sports to be competitive. If people knew the candidates that wanted the job over the years they would be mind blown. Their words not mine. It’s sad but the truth.
(12-31-2022, 03:58 PM)Realtalk101 Wrote: [ -> ]Let me save you the time and money. You’re gonna see a team that’s pretty athletic, not a ton of size. Very undisciplined and will have no identity.

[/quote]

They need a change in both boys/girls but that’s not going to happen. The administration will not make a change and for Belfry fans they are tired of fighting for all sports to be competitive. If people knew the candidates that wanted the job over the years they would be mind blown. Their words not mine. It’s sad but the truth.
[/quote]
Not arguing that changes not needed but if you put girl’s record for last 10 years against boys it no contest. Girls are 7 and 4 this year with mainly middle school kids. What I am saying is boys side of equation is in much dire need of change.
So was Hagy basically told he had to take the job? Did he even want it? What’s crazy is the principal used to be the girl’s coach for some really good teams.
Is there any chance this ship doesn’t keep sinking? Can the program be turned back in right direction ?
(11-12-2023, 10:50 PM)Truewords Wrote: [ -> ]Is there any chance this ship doesn’t keep sinking? Can the program be turned back in right direction ?
Belfry lost football, basketball, and baseball players due to kids being unhappy. Is the exodus over?
(11-12-2023, 11:36 PM)Belichick Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-12-2023, 10:50 PM)Truewords Wrote: [ -> ]Is there any chance this ship doesn’t keep sinking? Can the program be turned back in right direction ?
Belfry lost football, basketball, and baseball players due to kids being unhappy. Is the exodus over?

With the football season ending the way it did I would like to paraphrase one of my favorite bands growing up “It’s only just begun.”

Who does and doesn’t play basketball might give us a clue.
(11-13-2023, 10:32 AM)RTruth Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-12-2023, 11:36 PM)Belichick Wrote: [ -> ]

With the football season ending the way it did I would like to paraphrase one of my favorite bands growing up “It’s only just begun.”

Who does and doesn’t play basketball might give us a clue.
Saw their PA guy posted they scrimmaged Breathitt and lost by 10 but played without 1 starter. Anyone got any info. Neither Varney was listed in scoring he posted.
to reply to the thread title, i'd say what's next for belfry is about 8 wins against one of the most creampuff schedules in state history... then some more bullshit in the offseason where multiple kids leave, no changes are made, and they run it back again in 24-25. exciting times.
Traveled to Belfry 3 night for Mountain School boy and only game they won was against a Holmes team that didn’t even show for 3rd night game. Lost again to probably the weakest Paintsville team in decades and Menifee County who is just not good. Saw flashes of 2 good freshman for Belfry in Jude and Rash but unless something changes with coaching this ship will sink farther if possible
Holmes is winless. Menifee had a kid go for 22 and 19 and they aren’t that bad.

Still a school like Belfry should take care of Menifee.
Where did Belfry get their coach from?  Did he coach anywhere before there or just a baseball coach wanting to try something new?
Pages: 1 2