Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Kentucky unranked in AP poll
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Kentucky fell out of the AP poll this week.

http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/vie...p?t=296651
no suprise, the way they played yesterday they dont deserve to be ranked.
Knew that they would fall out.
Figured they'd be 24 or 25. That's alright though, we'll get back in after the Vandy win and a few other teams lose.
alfus21 Wrote:Figured they'd be 24 or 25. That's alright though, we'll get back in after the Vandy win and a few other teams lose.

Thats right Alfus!
they are still in the Top 25 in the USA Today poll..I didnt think they deserved to fall out..
I figured they would droped down to 24, but yea they will get back in after they beat Vandy!
Don't count your chickens before they are hatched! Vandy is better than Mississippi State!
Kinda odd that the coaches' poll kept them in this week while the AP dropped them out. Most of the year, it's been the coaches who haven't been showing UK any love compared to the media, but this week it's the other way around.

However, just like in previous weeks, I've got to agree with the media again. After the game on Saturday, and considering that they now have 3 losses, I don't think UK should be ranked right now. They will have to earn it in these last three games.
I think they should still be in the top 25 ...
Who cares, its a preseason poll. As long as they to good in the tourney is all I care about.
Booya Wrote:Who cares, its a preseason poll. As long as they to good in the tourney is all I care about.
I believe they are talking about football. :Thumbs:
Crossbones Wrote:I believe they are talking about football. :Thumbs:

My bad. Plus UK sucks at football, they shouldn't be ranked. They snuck up on some teams that overlooked them. UK may win one more this year and then its back to being bottom of the barrell next year.
Booya Wrote:My bad. Plus UK sucks at football, they shouldn't be ranked. They snuck up on some teams that overlooked them. UK may win one more this year and then its back to being bottom of the barrell next year.

LOL... You're funny!
blackcat_student Wrote:LOL... You're funny!

Well they do. they are this good with a heisman candidate at the helm, imagine next year when their qb is average at best. they'll be looking like same old UK. Plus they won't be able to sneak up on any teams.
Booya Wrote:My bad. Plus UK sucks at football, they shouldn't be ranked. They snuck up on some teams that overlooked them. UK may win one more this year and then its back to being bottom of the barrell next year.
Rolleyes If you suck, you don't just sneak up on top 25 teams. Weak.Rolleyes
Crossbones Wrote:Rolleyes If you suck, you don't just sneak up on top 25 teams. Weak.Rolleyes

You only play 12 in a year. I think you may be dillusional. Plus if you are good you stay ranked and will win more than six or seven in a year. Which is supposed to be your best year since the seventies. So yes UK's team and program does suck. How many championships have they won. Well by mine and theirs it is 0. So this further proves my point. SO crossbones if you can read, well you will see that UK isn't very good at all. :ChairHit:
Booya Wrote:You only play 12 in a year. I think you may be dillusional. Plus if you are good you stay ranked and will win more than six or seven in a year. Which is supposed to be your best year since the seventies. So yes UK's team and program does suck. How many championships have they won. Well by mine and theirs it is 0. So this further proves my point. SO crossbones if you can read, well you will see that UK isn't very good at all. :ChairHit:

Seems to me that you need to learn a few manners and learn how to speak politely to other people in the forums.
Ah, their still ranked 14th in the BCS poll, and that's the one that matters at the end of the regular season.
Midee1 Wrote:Seems to me that you need to learn a few manners and learn how to speak politely to other people in the forums.
And I thank you. Saved me the aggrevation.Smile
Redneck Wrote:Ah, their still ranked 14th in the BCS poll, and that's the one that matters at the end of the regular season.

Actually they're not. They moved out of the top 25 in that as well.

http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/poll?poll=BCS
alfus21 Wrote:Actually they're not. They moved out of the top 25 in that as well.

http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/poll?poll=BCS

Well, that guy that does the Rich Brooks call in show said that monday night. My bad.
dont deserve it
I thought that they would be at less 23 because alot of teams lost this week
Booya Wrote:You only play 12 in a year. I think you may be dillusional. Plus if you are good you stay ranked and will win more than six or seven in a year. Which is supposed to be your best year since the seventies. So yes UK's team and program does suck. How many championships have they won. Well by mine and theirs it is 0. So this further proves my point. SO crossbones if you can read, well you will see that UK isn't very good at all. :ChairHit:

You only play 12 in a year? What does that have to do with anything?

Besides if you want to argue that UK sucks this year, you can't pull up what they've done in the past, because it's not relevant. If you want to say UK sucked a couple years ago, that's fine, but it makes you look silly to say that a team that is 6-3 and beat the #1 team in the country sucks. Right...

Oh, and UK snuck up on teams? How do you figure that? UK was ranked in the top 20 when they played LSU, so I doubt the Tigers thought they were playing a pushover that week. Even Les Miles admitted they didn't overlook Kentucky, they just got outplayed.