Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Tanner Hall to Betsy Layne??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(08-09-2022, 02:22 AM)BillSelf Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-08-2022, 07:48 PM)Nolietotell Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-07-2022, 07:31 AM)Warriorhawk17 Wrote: [ -> ]Betsy layne is loaded. Will win the 58th district and a top 3 team in the 15th region and they are well coached.
I'd be willing to bet the bank says they don't win the 58th and they're definitely not top 3 team in the region.

FC returns all but 1 and the incoming freshman class may be better than their varsity starters from last year.   Yeah they lost hall but spriggs and Meade are both better players and they're just freshman.   BL lacks size and interior players Anyone with size will have they're way with them.  They return Brady Robinson and Andrew kidd and kidd may be the best player in the district but outside of that what other threat do they have. FC has Sammons Moore Burke and Buck returning with Jenkins Spriggs Meade and Moore coming in as freshman.   Then you look outside the district.  Pikeville has the best player in the region by far with the best coach not to mention the addition of Johnson with the returning players like Jarrell and fitzer and that should make them clear cut favorites. PCC beat BL in the regionals and return the 2 players that won the game along with more.  Shelby Valley returns EVERYONE  JC will be better. Magoffin will be better.  I like coach Newsome and I've always thought he was a good coach but they were several times last season that had me scratch my head the lack of adapting to the game and changing the game plan during the game and making adjustments was a huge hurt for them.  Seems like they go in with a game plan and they stick to their smoking guns regardless of how it does.

FC doesn’t even know if Burke is playing. Rumor is he quit. Spriggs is a dandy. Meade will be a solid role player throughout his HS Career, but he’s not better than Hall. Jenkins won’t be bigger and older than everyone else, he probably won’t see meaningful varsity minutes as a freshman, neither will Meade. 

JC lost everyone but Ryan Rose. Come on now, can’t be that out of touch with the region. 

Pikeville, PC, SV, BL, Martin County will be your top 5 teams. I’d put BL at 4 or 5, but the way you’re talking is they’ll be lucky to make it past 1st round of the district. 

(08-07-2022, 07:31 AM)Warriorhawk17 Wrote: [ -> ]Betsy layne is loaded. Will win the 58th district and a top 3 team in the 15th region and they are well coached.
I'd be willing to bet the bank says they don't win the 58th and they're definitely not top 3 team in the region.

FC returns all but 1 and the incoming freshman class may be better than their varsity starters from last year.   Yeah they lost hall but spriggs and Meade are both better players and they're just freshman.   BL lacks size and interior players Anyone with size will have they're way with them.  They return Brady Robinson and Andrew kidd and kidd may be the best player in the district but outside of that what other threat do they have. FC has Sammons Moore Burke and Buck returning with Jenkins Spriggs Meade and Moore coming in as freshman.   Then you look outside the district.  Pikeville has the best player in the region by far with the best coach not to mention the addition of Johnson with the returning players like Jarrell and fitzer and that should make them clear cut favorites. PCC beat BL in the regionals and return the 2 players that won the game along with more.  Shelby Valley returns EVERYONE  JC will be better. Magoffin will be better.  I like coach Newsome and I've always thought he was a good coach but they were several times last season that had me scratch my head the lack of adapting to the game and changing the game plan during the game and making adjustments was a huge hurt for them.  Seems like they go in with a game plan and they stick to their smoking guns regardless of how it does.

FC doesn’t even know if Burke is playing. Rumor is he quit. Spriggs is a dandy. Meade will be a solid role player throughout his HS Career, but he’s not better than Hall. Jenkins won’t be bigger and older than everyone else, he probably won’t see meaningful varsity minutes as a freshman, neither will Meade. 

JC lost everyone but Ryan Rose. Come on now, can’t be that out of touch with the region. 

Pikeville, PC, SV, BL, Martin County will be your top 5 teams. I’d put BL at 4 or 5, but the way you’re talking is they’ll be lucky to make it past 1st round of the district. 

1st I've heard about Burke. As far as Meade not being better I think it's ALOT closer than your saying. I mean I watched 1st hand that entire 8th grade bunch beat the varsity last year in their own scrimmage hall nor Moore had a answer for spriggs or Meade. And Jenkins seemed to fair pretty well also as far as being older than others if I'm not mistaken he's the same age as 98% of the athletes entering their freshman year the season. Atleast he plays in the same AGE division in baseball as them and has always. Yes he's bigger now but just bc others will hit a growth spurt who's to say he won't.  I do agree with you tho. Pikeville PC and sv are the top 3 but Martin County who lost 2 starters whom 1 was the glue to the team last year and led them in everyway will be hard to replace. JC will be fine  they have tons of athletes in that school and Tommy will do what he does best and out coach 98% of the teams in the region  as far as Ryan rose he's not a all star by no means but he does have 1 thing that most teams lack size. And out of touch of the region, it sounds like you need to do your homework a little more. I do have BL lucky if they get out of the 1st round. Lawrence will be good but lost 2 HUGE key players. I still think FC has the best team in that district on paper.  For you to say I'm out of touch for thinking that shows that you're letting your heart think over your head.  Like I said BL has Robinson and kidd. Kidd will win poy in the 58th imo. After that tell me who is their best option. Tell me who's going to be the ones responsible for defending the basket whether it's down low in a zone or in a man against better post players.  Tell me after their starting 5 of Robinson kidd pente and let's say parsons and hall who do they have. And btw out of those 5 3 play the same position and the other 2 play the other guard position. Back to the size problem. So now they have size as a issue depth as a issue.  But yea I'll go with you and the other posters and go ahead and write them in as the 58th district champs and regional contender you know since Idk my region and you do.  ???
(08-09-2022, 09:49 PM)Nolietotell Wrote: [ -> ]

1st I've heard about Burke. As far as Meade not being better I think it's ALOT closer than your saying. I mean I watched 1st hand that entire 8th grade bunch beat the varsity last year in their own scrimmage hall nor Moore had a answer for spriggs or Meade. And Jenkins seemed to fair pretty well also as far as being older than others if I'm not mistaken he's the same age as 98% of the athletes entering their freshman year the season. Atleast he plays in the same AGE division in baseball as them and has always. Yes he's bigger now but just bc others will hit a growth spurt who's to say he won't.  I do agree with you tho. Pikeville PC and sv are the top 3 but Martin County who lost 2 starters whom 1 was the glue to the team last year and led them in everyway will be hard to replace. JC will be fine  they have tons of athletes in that school and Tommy will do what he does best and out coach 98% of the teams in the region  as far as Ryan rose he's not a all star by no means but he does have 1 thing that most teams lack size. And out of touch of the region, it sounds like you need to do your homework a little more. I do have BL lucky if they get out of the 1st round. Lawrence will be good but lost 2 HUGE key players. I still think FC has the best team in that district on paper.  For you to say I'm out of touch for thinking that shows that you're letting your heart think over your head.  Like I said BL has Robinson and kidd. Kidd will win poy in the 58th imo. After that tell me who is their best option. Tell me who's going to be the ones responsible for defending the basket whether it's down low in a zone or in a man against better post players.  Tell me after their starting 5 of Robinson kidd pente and let's say parsons and hall who do they have. And btw out of those 5 3 play the same position and the other 2 play the other guard position. Back to the size problem. So now they have size as a issue depth as a issue.  But yea I'll go with you and the other posters and go ahead and write them in as the 58th district champs and regional contender you know since Idk my region and you do.  ???

What size does everyone else have? No one has that dominant low post player.

What depth does Pikeville have this year? Sammons, Jarrell, Johnson, Fitzer (who hasn’t played in 2 years)… then who?

Got about 5 teams that can win region, no super team this year.
I actually heard the same thing about kidd to pikeville wonder if it’s true?
Pages: 1 2