Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Favorite sports quotes?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What are some of your favorites?
"I aint never been nothin but a winner"- Paul "Bear" Bryant
Bear Bryant could take his'n and beat your'n, or he could take your'n and beat his'n.
-- Bum Phillips
"Blame No One, Expect Nothing, Do Something" -Bill Parcells.
"Don't ask what your team can do for you, but ask what you can do for your team"
"Pressure is what you feel when you dont know what youre doing"-Chuck Noll
"Winning is a habit. Unfortunately,so is losing-"Vince Lombardi
"im going to Disney World, WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"
I thought we did something big beathing Clemson, and then Kentucky went and beat 'em. Stever Spurrier.
Yogi Berra quotes:

"This is like deja vu all over again."
"You can observe a lot just by watching."
"Nobody goes there anymore; it's too crowded."

these are just a few....
"Go out there like you got blood in one eye and sh!t in the other"-Chuke Williams
"Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity"
BurntTires Wrote:Bear Bryant could take his'n and beat your'n, or he could take your'n and beat his'n.
-- Bum Phillips
I absolutely LOVE that quote, lol..thats one I havent heard of in awhile..
"Coach Lombardi treated us all the same....LIKE DOGS!!!"-Jerry Kramer
I hate losing more than I love winning!!!!! MY FAVORITE AKA AS MY MYSPACE HEADING, LOL!

"If you aren't Nervous before a game, then you don't have that will to win" Joe Montana
"They said playing basketball would kill me. Well, not playing basketball was killing me." Magic Johnson
GRIZZ Wrote:"Go out there like you got blood in one eye and sh!t in the other"-Chuke Williams

GO CHUCK WILLIAMs i heard he got fired from marshall along time ago for being a QB coach but coaching the safetys
Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever.
theres no hitch-hiking, on the road to victory...

-Bill Parcells
:confused: about John's comment.
"You find out that life is just a game of inches. So is football. Because in either game life or football the margin for error is so small. I mean one half step too late or to early you don't quite make it. One half second too slow or too fast and you don't quite catch it. The inches we need are everywhere around us. They are in ever break of the game every minute, every second.
On this team, we fight for that inch On this team, we tear ourselves, and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We CLAW with our finger nails for that inch. Cause we know when we add up all those inches that's going to make the ****************ing difference between WINNING and LOSING
between LIVING and DYING."
-Al Pacino
Thanksgiving dinners take 18 hours to prepare. They are consumed in 12 minutes. Half-times take 12 minutes. This is not coincidence.
-Erma Bombeck
TOMCAT06 Wrote:Thanksgiving dinners take 18 hours to prepare. They are consumed in 12 minutes. Half-times take 12 minutes. This is not coincidence.
-Erma Bombeck
:Hungry: Great one!!
Beef Wrote::Hungry: Great one!!

Haha it's the truth to haha :yum:
"You can play football at any school in the country for four years or you can go to Ashland and be a Tomcat for the rest of your life"
-Bill Tom Ross
The difference between ordinary and extraordinary is that little extra. Jimmy Johnson (the Cowboys Coach)
The only place where success comes before work is in the dictionary. Vince Lombardi
TOMCAT06 Wrote:"You find out that life is just a game of inches. So is football. Because in either game life or football the margin for error is so small. I mean one half step too late or to early you don't quite make it. One half second too slow or too fast and you don't quite catch it. The inches we need are everywhere around us. They are in ever break of the game every minute, every second.
On this team, we fight for that inch On this team, we tear ourselves, and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We CLAW with our finger nails for that inch. Cause we know when we add up all those inches that's going to make the ****************ing difference between WINNING and LOSING
between LIVING and DYING."
-Al Pacino
I love that speech. Probably one of the best I've heard.
Pupaw Wrote:I love that speech. Probably one of the best I've heard.
Me 2 back when I played ball we had that speech on a cd along with some good ol ACDC for gettin pumped up for the game. Best speech ever made!!