Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Can Anyone Explain Saw IV?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
If you haven't seen it, don't read this, but I need to know what happened.

There seems like there's all kinds of holes, so if someone could please explain each main part and how it relates back to the first 4, I'd appreciate it.
SPOILER!!!!!!!

As you know the main dectivie was the saw guy. He put Jigglesaw back in the room where he was orginally dead at. Like explain to me what you don't understand and I will try to answer it.
TheyKnowMe Wrote:SPOILER!!!!!!!

As you know the main dectivie was the saw guy. He put Jigglesaw back in the room where he was orginally dead at. Like explain to me what you don't understand and I will try to answer it.

Like at the end, it shows Jigsaw back in that room like the time's in the present, but earlier in the movie they basically took Jigsaw's body apart, so how's he all normal again? And him listening to the tape at the end, I guess that that was a flashback and he found it while either finding Jigsaw dead or found it while doing an autopsy? But then other people would have been around.
It was definitely one of the most confusing saw's of the series. Thought I had it all figured out but it was a total opposite.
BFritz Wrote:Like at the end, it shows Jigsaw back in that room like the time's in the present, but earlier in the movie they basically took Jigsaw's body apart, so how's he all normal again? And him listening to the tape at the end, I guess that that was a flashback and he found it while either finding Jigsaw dead or found it while doing an autopsy? But then other people would have been around.

They placed him back in the room, as you seen, his head was bandaged. I do not know if it was a flashback or what. Also you see the guy that was tested in this one. It is the most confusing one so far. They tired to tie too much on this one, when they will be 3 more.
I would say the next 3 halloweens is when the next 3 will come out.

TheyKnowMe Wrote:They placed him back in the room, as you seen, his head was bandaged. I do not know if it was a flashback or what. Also you see the guy that was tested in this one. It is the most confusing one so far. They tired to tie too much on this one, when they will be 3 more.
I liked this one better than the 3rd one. You get some back story as to why he turned out the way he did. Suprisingly enough, he was a pretty normal man that was a very successful professional and ended up on several magazine covers for engineers. You find out what happens to the cop whose son was locked up in the safe in the second one, how his legacy was able to continue during the autopsy, and so on.
saw 4 takes place at the same time as saw 3. when they get the tape during the autopsy, that takes place after the events in 3 and 4.
it's horror movie - therefore, by definition, the plot isn't supposed to make sense.
Jimmy Dugan Wrote:saw 4 takes place at the same time as saw 3. when they get the tape during the autopsy, that takes place after the events in 3 and 4.

They don't take place at the same time, because you see the dad from 3 looking for his daughter, which takes place at the end of 3. Then, why would the killer in 4 have found that tape after he killed all those people in 4?

He found the tape in the autopsy after 3, but then I just thought about this: how was the dad from 3 still in the tunnel after the dude in four finds the tape and plans all that?
PLEASE READ IF U HAD PROBLEMS WITH STORY

The first part of the movie, the autopsy is real time. Present.... Then it goes into a flashback, the whole movie. When it shows them back at the autopsy, present time, it lets u know that the story is not over. The autopsy is after the dad, two detectives, and the FBI people die.the majority of the movie is flashback. It wasnt really that hard to follow.

Movie = present time (autopsy).... flashback (people dying).... present time (autopsy tape)
Amun-Ra Wrote:PLEASE READ IF U HAD PROBLEMS WITH STORY

The first part of the movie, the autopsy is real time. Present.... Then it goes into a flashback, the whole movie. When it shows them back at the autopsy, present time, it lets u know that the story is not over. The autopsy is after the dad, two detectives, and the FBI people die.the majority of the movie is flashback. It wasnt really that hard to follow.

Movie = present time (autopsy).... flashback (people dying).... present time (autopsy tape)

That can't be right: the killer in this one is shown at the end, and it's the detective, so why would it show him finding a tape in present time telling him to carry on the work if he already was carrying it on?
BFritz Wrote:That can't be right: the killer in this one is shown at the end, and it's the detective, so why would it show him finding a tape in present time telling him to carry on the work if he already was carrying it on?

I agree because that is the way I saw it. At the beginning it showed the tape in Jigsaw's stomach. Then it flashed back some parts to show why some events were currently taking place. It wasn't that hard to follow as long as you have seen the second and the third one.
well jeff (the dad from saw 3) will not be in part 5. so, some of 3 and 4 at least took place at the same time, cause jeff is dead now. It showed him alive at the end of saw 3 and showed him killed in saw 4.
BFritz Wrote:They don't take place at the same time, because you see the dad from 3 looking for his daughter, which takes place at the end of 3. Then, why would the killer in 4 have found that tape after he killed all those people in 4?

He found the tape in the autopsy after 3, but then I just thought about this: how was the dad from 3 still in the tunnel after the dude in four finds the tape and plans all that?
GRIZZ Wrote:I agree because that is the way I saw it. At the beginning it showed the tape in Jigsaw's stomach. Then it flashed back some parts to show why some events were currently taking place. It wasn't that hard to follow as long as you have seen the second and the third one.
OK... The infamous tape... When the detective listens to it he finds out that the story is not over... He thought it was over after the other detectives died and Jiggsaw was dead. But then after all that a tape is found. AH! It really is not that hard to follow people.
Amun-Ra Wrote:OK... The infamous tape... When the detective listens to it he finds out that the story is not over... He thought it was over after the other detectives died and Jiggsaw was dead. But then after all that a tape is found. AH! It really is not that hard to follow people.

The killer in 4 IS the detective who found the tape, so how's he listening to it, then able to put Jigsaw back in that room, all in about two minutes because the dad from 3 is searching for his daughter which happened at the end of 3?
The best theory I could compile would be:

If you are a Saw fan, you know that these movies are big on flash backs. This new game and the one in the third film are happening simultaneously. Jigsaws new accomplice, Det. Hoffman then slams the door on Riggs and Agent Strahm sealing their fates. The thing that confused everybody was jigsaw's body still being in the "operating room" with Amanda and Jills body's where the third film took place. Whereas, at the begining of the movie we see that they already found Jigsaw's body and were doing an autopsy on it. What we were seeing in the begining of the film was not actually the begining, it was the end. When the detective played the tape they found in Jigsaw's stomach it never mentioned anything that was going on in the movie like it usually does (nor did it say anything about Riggs or the other two detectives), rather it just said that because he is dead does not mean his games will end.

However, I'm not buying into the whole Detective Hoffman being an apprentice. I still say Det. Hoffman is a tool. The tape Det. Hoffman plays Jigsaw said,

Quote:Are you there Detective? If so, you are probably the last man standing. Now perhaps you will succeed where the others have failed. You think you will walk away untested. I promise my work will continue. You think it's over just because I'm dead. It's not over, the games have just begun.

Hoffman is very much an unwilling participant in the games, its obvious. He's got something - although we're not sure exactly WHAT just yet - that Jigsaw is hanging over his head, something big. I wouldn't call him an "apprentice" because I really don't think he chose to do this, as I believe Saw V is going to revolve around Hoffman being tested. Hopefully Saw V will clear up some unanswered questions.....
BFritz Wrote:The killer in 4 IS the detective who found the tape, so how's he listening to it, then able to put Jigsaw back in that room, all in about two minutes because the dad from 3 is searching for his daughter which happened at the end of 3?
Are you serious? Honestly i have explained the storyline to the best of my abilities, all i can say is go watch the movie again. The entire movie is a flashback for the most part. The detective with the tape is real time. :confused: :confused: :confused: I dont understand how it is this hard to follow.
I thought it was hard to follow at first, but after I thought about it, and read some things on here I was able to make sense of it....Also, its not going to make perfect sense to anyone because they want you to watch SAW V.......I still think Saw II is my favorite so far
Amun-Ra Wrote:Are you serious? Honestly i have explained the storyline to the best of my abilities, all i can say is go watch the movie again. The entire movie is a flashback for the most part. The detective with the tape is real time. :confused: :confused: :confused: I dont understand how it is this hard to follow.

Alright, then please explain this to me. You say that it's a flashback the whole movie and the detective with the tape is in the present time, which would be after he put Rigs through all those test and killed all the people on the way. Why would it show the detective listening to a tape at the end telling him to carry on Jigsaw's work if he had already been doing that throughout the movie?
BFritz Wrote:Alright, then please explain this to me. You say that it's a flashback the whole movie and the detective with the tape is in the present time, which would be after he put Rigs through all those test and killed all the people on the way. Why would it show the detective listening to a tape at the end telling him to carry on Jigsaw's work if he had already been doing that throughout the movie?

The autopsy scene that occurred at the beginning of the film is shown again at the end of the movie, revealing it to have occurred after the events of the film and not before. As the tape found in Jigsaw's stomach is played again, Detective Hoffman is told that Jigsaw's games have only just begun, and he will be the one tested. It doesn't get any simpler than that. This is ALL we know for now. Until then, wait for the rest to be discovered in Saw V.....
bevinsville_bomber Wrote:The autopsy scene that occurred at the beginning of the film is shown again at the end of the movie, revealing it to have occurred after the events of the film and not before. As the tape found in Jigsaw's stomach is played again, Detective Hoffman is told that Jigsaw's games have only just begun, and he will be the one tested. It doesn't get any simpler than that. This is ALL we know for now. Until then, wait for the rest to be discovered in Saw V.....
Amen Brutha!:1: