Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Top Returning Players In The Mountains
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Who are some of the top returners in the mountains at each position? QB, RB, WR, and so on.
Pikeville has several:
Blake Birchfield, IMHO, is the best returning player in EKY outright.
Carson Wright
The Sayers twins on the Line
Tayvian Boykins will make a major impact whichever position he plays.

Johnson Central:
Chase Price
Zack McCoart is going to have a monster career.

Paintsville:
Harris Phelps

Bell County:
Dawson Woolum

To get the list started...
I’d add Mason Lawson JC and Grant Hall Pikeville.
Brody Wells - Corbin
Kade Elam - Corbin
Franklin West - Corbin
Jacob Baker - STUD Kicker Corbin
Cameron Combs - Corbin
Mike Neal Corbin

Tucker Warren - North Laurel
Jack Chappell- North Laurel
Austin Johnson - North Laurel

Andrew Roberts - Clay County
Tate Rice - Clay County

Just off the top of my head.
Brady Robinson - Betsy Layne
Reese Music - Betsy Layne
(05-26-2022, 03:33 PM)FootballFan1999 Wrote: [ -> ]I’d add Mason Lawson JC and Grant Hall Pikeville.
Grant Scott and yes he definitely belongs on the list.
Pikeville has A LOT coming back. I look for Grant Scott and Wade Hensley to have big years. I think both those players are underrated big time.
(05-26-2022, 03:48 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: [ -> ]Brody Wells - Corbin
Kade Elam - Corbin
Franklin West - Corbin
Cameron Combs - Corbin
Mike Neal Corbin

Tate Rice - Clay County

Combs still playing? Someone told me had quit and he’s taken everything football related off his twitter.
Bell County

Dawson Woolum (RB/OLB) - previously more known for his basketball but absolutely exploded last year on the gridiron.

Ethan Raby (FB/ILB) - he gives us the exact edge we need in terms of smash mouth football.

Daniel Thomas (RB/OLB) - kid has been so sound for us these last couple years. Now that he’s a Junior I look for him to have a breakout season.

Brayden Dunn (OL/DL) - big ole left tackle not many know about, but an extremely important position for any Dudley Hilton team. He will be our anchor on the line.
Magoffin Co

Curtis Jenkins LB Soph Leading Tackler 2021
Ben Lafferty DE Sr
Brayden Standifer LB Soph
Aden Barnett WR Jr
(05-26-2022, 06:29 PM)FootballFan1999 Wrote: [ -> ]
Kade Elam - Corbin
Franklin West - Corbin
Cameron Combs - Corbin
Mike Neal Corbin

Tate Rice - Clay County

Combs still playing? Someone told me had quit and he’s taken everything football related off his twitter.

I don’t think he has quit. Just looked at his Twitter and football is still there from what we can see. Unless something has happened and I’m not aware of.
Is ol boy from Belfry coming back for his 8th 12th grade season ?? Haha
(05-26-2022, 08:08 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-26-2022, 06:29 PM)FootballFan1999 Wrote: [ -> ]
Kade Elam - Corbin
Franklin West - Corbin
Cameron Combs - Corbin
Mike Neal Corbin

Tate Rice - Clay County

I don’t think he has quit. Just looked at his Twitter and football is still there from what we can see. Unless something has happened and I’m not aware of.

Good. He’s too talented of a kid to hang those cleats up.
(05-26-2022, 08:13 PM)RAMDAD50 Wrote: [ -> ]Is ol boy from Belfry coming back for his 8th 12th grade season ?? Haha

God, I hope not! Lol
For Pikeville, add Sophomore Brenden Anthony to the list. Started as full back and Lb as a Freshman last season. This young man played remarkably well at his position on both sides of the ball. Look for him to help the Panthers get back to Kroger this upcoming season as he excels in the game.
The Anderson kid from Pike Central should make a lot of noise at RB this season.
Dre Young Belfry. Stud
Nick Porter - Prestonsburg
(05-26-2022, 08:13 PM)RAMDAD50 Wrote: [ -> ]Is ol boy from Belfry coming back for his 8th 12th grade season ?? Haha

LOL
The southwestern offensive line..lost one off a team that’s led 5a in rushing last two years..not to mention many skilled guys back.
Guy Bailey from Somerset
Just want to add Luke Ray, Pikeville
Led the team in tackles, all over the field last year and will again
His dad was a star at PHS
double post sorry
(05-31-2022, 03:56 AM)jetpilot Wrote: [ -> ]Just want to add Luke Ray, Pikeville
Totally agree jet. We can add another one like him to the list in Devin Derosset. This young man knows how to hit hard and keep those feet grinding.
Bell co- Dunn, Raby, woolum, and hayden damron
Middlesboro- Grigsby and cameron wilson
Harlan co- will Cassim, Thomas Jordan, and Connor Blevins
Williamsburg- Bowen, Shannon, and Howard should have big yrs
The 13th Region area should be loaded at the QB spot this year with Warren at NL, Combs at CHS, Rice at CC, Bowen at WHS, and Grigsby at MHS. I am sure I left one or two out that should be mentioned and of course there will also be some new guys burst on the scene this year.
(05-31-2022, 11:20 AM)Big Five-0- Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-31-2022, 03:56 AM)jetpilot Wrote: [ -> ]Just want to add Luke Ray, Pikeville
Totally agree jet. We can add another one like him to the list in Devin Derosset. This young man knows how to hit hard and keep those feet grinding.
[quote pid="2356395" dateline="1654006821"]
Let’s just say Pikeville is absolutely loaded across the board. May be the best team 1-3A in my personal opinion.  Depth, size, speed, you name it. They have it.  The sky is the limit for them once again this year.  The only question mark I have at all position wise is the quarterback vacancy from graduation, but I look for Isacc Duty to step in and take over that offense no problem.  
[/quote]
Phelps - looks like they will not have football

Shelby Valley - QB Osborne, WR Bentley, TE/LB Billiter

East Ridge - QB Burdone, WR Adkins, RB Mullins and transfer Layne who is an Athlete

Pike Central - RB Anderson

Belfry - athlete Woolum, RB Young, LB Stanley, Ol/Dl Spears and Varney
Not a Belfry fan with that said I really like how the Stanley kid plays. Saw some great things out of him last year.
Pages: 1 2