Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 3 Former Reds Players Picked Up Through Waivers...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The Toronto Blue Jays claimed former Reds reliever Mike Gosling and SS Pedro Lopez yesterday. The Pittsburgh Pirates also claimed Reds starting pitcher Phil Dumatrait from the waiver wire. All saw action last season for Cincinnati.

Lopez will be best remembered as the guy who got beaned in the head this year - a play that made SportsCenter and he's lucky to still be playing.
Well, I see my Pirates are boosting their pitching for the World Series push next year...and Phil Dumatrait is a key addition, lol..
I suppose releasing Dumatrait could end up blowing up in Cincinnati's face if he gets things straightened out with the Pirates, but it's hard to be too broken up over losing him right now. The kid did not look anywhere close to being able to get major-league hitters out in the few starts he made for the Reds this season.
More Cowbell Wrote:I suppose releasing Dumatrait could end up blowing up in Cincinnati's face if he gets things straightened out with the Pirates, but it's hard to be too broken up over losing him right now. The kid did not look anywhere close to being able to get major-league hitters out in the few starts he made for the Reds this season.

If the Reds give up on you, then the only teams left are Pittsburgh, KC and Tampa Bay. I don't know of too many former young arms from Cincinnati that are burning it up somewhere else from the past 5 years or so.
Tom Shearn cleared waivers today and took an assignment to Louisville...
jammin' jamey Wrote:If the Reds give up on you, then the only teams left are Pittsburgh, KC and Tampa Bay. I don't know of too many former young arms from Cincinnati that are burning it up somewhere else from the past 5 years or so.

The only ones that come to mind right away are Trevor Hoffman (obviously) and B.J. Ryan. Other than them, the Reds haven't traded away much pitching talent. Probably because they hardly ever draft and develop any decent pitchers themselves. Smile
More Cowbell Wrote:The only ones that come to mind right away are Trevor Hoffman (obviously) and B.J. Ryan. Other than them, the Reds haven't traded away much pitching talent. Probably because they hardly ever draft and develop any decent pitchers themselves. Smile

My point exactly...:thumpsup: