Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Woodford Co. 34 - Whitley Co. 6
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Anyone have anything?
Herald leader got it listed Woodford 34-6
Yes that was the final..34-6, Woodford! Alot closer than I expected!
Playboy, do not let the score fool you. It was not as close as the 34-6 score would indicate. The one bright spot, Whitley's defense held Woodford to 14 first half points. In the second half, Whitley's offense continued to show the magic it has shown all season by turning the ball over continously to provide Woodford with great field position. Whitley easily has one of the worst 10 offensive schemes in the state. Whitley had 17 yards on 22 rushing attempts in the game. The offense is soooo bad that it is really hard to describe aptly. It is basically embarrassing and shameful. What makes it worse, is that Whitley probably has more talent in the backfield than it has had in at least 6 years. An NFL backfield would have a hard time scoring at the high school level with the bonehead scheme Whitley runs. It was not just Woodford being good, Whitley also only scored 6 points two weeks ago at Lynn Camp.

The game was over 3 or 4 minutes into the 3rd quarter. Whitley's kids did not compete in the second half. They had that look of not carng one or another most of the second half. On one play, I saw a back fumble the ball inside the Whitley 5 and not even make an attempt to fall on the ball which was right at his feet. The kids are over it. They just want to see the season end.

The crowd was just as frustrated. For the first time this year, 75% of the crowd departed prior to the 4th quarter. I mean two complete sections of bleechers were completely empty. Even players parents left early. I have never seen this happen at Whitley games before.

The best thing this coaching regime could do for the program is to go ahead and annouce that it is resigning. At least then there would be some hope for next season. At this point, I do not think there is any thing that this coaching regime can do to restore any confidense in the kids, parents or fans.