Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Letcher County Central 40 - Bourbon County 12
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final

Congrats to the Cougars!!!
LCC beats another cupcake team! ...Congrats Cougars!
MVP2 Wrote:LCC beats another cupcake team! ...Congrats Cougars!
haha.... truth hurts
what team u 4 MVP2?????
Congrats Cougars! If you look at Bourbon, they might have an awful record, but they have played SOME VERY GOOD TEAMS CLOSE, such as Mason County! Good Luck next week Cougars against Lawrence County!
Final
MVP2 Wrote:LCC beats another cupcake team! ...Congrats Cougars!

This isnt a bash the cougars schedule thread........we all know your opinion on Hillards choice of opponents, youv made it very clear with every thread after the Hazard game...give it a rest....if you dont want to show them respect and say something positive then dont post at all. Go post in a UK thread about getting spanked by Mississippi State, im sure theres plenty of naysayers in there, youll fit in nicely. Smile Smile Smile Wink
Roughneck40 Wrote:This isnt a bash the cougars schedule thread........we all know your opinion on Hillards choice of opponents, youv made it very clear with every thread after the Hazard game...give it a rest....if you dont want to show them respect and say something positive then dont post at all. Go post in a UK thread about getting spanked by Mississippi State, im sure theres plenty of naysayers in there, youll fit in nicely. Smile Smile Smile Wink

What are you talking about, I never bashed LCC any post before this one and I wasnt bashing them I was just stated you beat a 1-8 Bourbon Co team. I also said Congrats to the Cougars, so how was not showing respect?

On the schedule take Hazard away which you lost to you have.
Greenup (3-6)
Perry Central (6-3)
Clay Co-(5-4)
North Laurel-(0-9)
Whitley ( 2-7)
Leslie (2-7)
East Ridge-(0-9)
and Lawrence Co coming up with (1-8)

There are some good teams in on that schedule with some bad records but the overall schedule is pretty easy and how will that to you in 2 weeks? That was my whole point in making the statement about a cupcake schedule.
MVP2, If we all could predict the future up here at LCC we wouldn't have made such a "cupcake schedule", but you see I can't predict a teams record after 9 or 10 games. MVP2, we also have to play these games called district games and the KHSAA assigns us a district to play in. I cannot help it that most of the teams have a bad record, but I assure you most of them are better than their record shows. The non-district opponents are a little weak but let me remind you that we (LCC) have been weak for the last couple of years. Our kids have learned how to win football games this year and that was the goal of our coaching staff going into this season.
CONGRATS COUGARS............With Perry Central being 6-3, then the Cougars are now guarenteed to have finally beaten a team with a winning record. Also, if Clay County wins their next game they will have beaten 2 teams with a winning record..........YYYEEAHHHH
MVP2...I wasn't trying to start an arguement I was just stating that every time LCC wins, people just assume that they won becuase of poor competition...and this just isnt the case. Yeah, agreed that they have some weak points in their schedule, but who doesent? I agree with Hazbeen, and anyone else who has watched Whitley and Clay and such play would agree that they are better than their records show.
Give em a break. They got beat on for two years straight by some of the best teams around. They took their licks and needed this kind of season to get the fire started under the program that will eventually lead to facing better and better opponents. I agree wholeheartedly with the LCC coaching staff on the choosing of the opposition. If they continued to play the Bell Countys and Rockcastles and got spanked year in and year out, then people would start to lose faith in the players and coaches, and ultimently the program all together.
Congrats Lcc