Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Johnson Central 67 - Ashland 33
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Final
Tough season for the Tomcats. It's refreshing to know that the bleeding is over.
Montgomery really did well holding JC to 28 points.
I hear that Dicky Martin called Matney a jerk over the radio for running up the score.
Midee1 Wrote:I hear that Dicky Martin called Matney a jerk over the radio for running up the score.

Kind of makes you wish that Matney would have put up 100 on them. If Dickie had any sense at all , the idiot might realize that half of Ashland's retaliatory problems could be traced directly back to his own big mouth. Kudos to Coach Matney.

In other words: Pot meet kettle.
congrats jc
Congrats JC. The real test is next week, we'll getta see what you and Belfry are really made of.
Wow, can't say that I'm surprised at this score. Both teams seemed to have good nights on the offensive side of the ball. Shawn Grim had 361 yds on the ground, and 6 TD's. Richardson had around 110 if I remember correctly. Congrats to JC on the win.
Pupaw Wrote:Wow, can't say that I'm surprised at this score. Both teams seemed to have good nights on the offensive side of the ball. Shawn Grim had 361 yds on the ground, and 6 TD's. Richardson had around 110 if I remember correctly. Congrats to JC on the win.

That's prolly why Dicky Martin is so pissed. Playoffs two weeks away, gotta go to Belfry next week for the finale, why would you leave your star player in that long with that big of a lead. Was he just tryin to makin up for Grimms low stats last week???
I heard on the radio show after the game about a controversy. What exactly happened there?
Pupaw Wrote:I heard on the radio show after the game about a controversy. What exactly happened there?

Don't really know Pup. I was in Virginia all day and decided not to go to any games tonight, didn't even listen to any, stayed here and watched Friday Night Lights (the TV show).
You really missed out on the Paintsville game though. Great atmosphere. Can't believe you couldn't make it.
Pupaw Wrote:You really missed out on the Paintsville game though. Great atmosphere. Can't believe you couldn't make it.

Ah, long night lastnight, long day today, just didn't feel up to drivin back up that way after bein on the road for 11 hours. I won't be attendin any games next week either. Gotta go see my boy Tim Wilson at the MAC.
Understandable.
Pupaw Wrote:I heard on the radio show after the game about a controversy. What exactly happened there?
Its not sumthin that happened in the game tonite. I heard BJ and Kevin talkin bout it for a sec on their show, not sure what they mentioned, tho. Its nuthin major, jus a small off-the-field issue. Dont worry, tho, i sure some other people will entertain us with anything they can come up with about it on here soon enuff. Smile
By the way, Redneck, spell MAC backwards, and thats where ya should be next week.
Either way, we'll have our work cut out for us next week. I can't wait to see us matched up against them!
Well, you just started it by sayin what you just said.
Ring'Em Up Wrote:Its not sumthin that happened in the game tonite. I heard BJ and Kevin talkin bout it for a sec on their show, not sure what they mentioned, tho. Its nuthin major, jus a small off-the-field issue. Dont worry, tho, i sure some other people will entertain us with anything they can come up with about it on here soon enuff. Smile
By the way, Redneck, spell MAC backwards, and thats where ya should be next week.

I know it man, but how many chances do ya get to see Tim Wilson and Bob Zany here in EKY. To be honest, I bought the tickets thinkin that it was gonna be the first week of the playoffs and I really wouldn't miss anything special.
This was a great game! Ashland played like a 7-2 team. Thomas was impressive but his stats were over shadowed by Grim. Grim looked as good as ever and hopefully this is a sign of things to come in the next few weeks. JC could make another run if they can get that defense together.
Looks like JC ran thescore up to me?keeping grim in teh whole game, thats crazy but thats me
OffTheHook Wrote:Well, you just started it by sayin what you just said.

it was on the radio during the game...
Pirates~R~Us Wrote:it was on the radio during the game...

I didn't listen to the game. So I don't know.
Congrats Johnson Central
VERY, VERY, VERY shocked at this score. J.C. gave up 33 to Ashland, if they play this way next week, BELFRY WILL Lay one on them! And yes, you heard it here! Sure the Eagles won by 34, but giving up 33 isnt going to get you a win if you play that way next week at the CAM and I am sure any Golden Eagles fan will agree!! Anyways, as I always preach......A WIN IS A WIN IS A WIN! Congrats J.C.!
Central gives up 33 points to Ashland. Their defense dosen't seem to be up to par right now. This could be an indication of what is to come with Belfry and Woodford Co. Playing Belfry in the last game of the season will be tough. Both teams might be a little banged up going into the playoff's.
Good luck to both teams. Should be a really good match up. Hope both teams come out of it without injuries.
Did Grimm really play the entire game???
kyrifle Wrote:Central gives up 33 points to Ashland. Their defense dosen't seem to be up to par right now. This could be an indication of what is to come with Belfry and Woodford Co. Playing Belfry in the last game of the season will be tough. Both teams might be a little banged up going into the playoff's.
Good luck to both teams. Should be a really good match up. Hope both teams come out of it without injuries.

That is true, but look at what the defense did to Louisville Central and Wheelersburg. That was pretty impessive on the other end of the spectrum as well.
FOX SPORTS Wrote:Did Grimm really play the entire game???

Just as Matt Thomas and everyone else for Ashland played the entire game.

I find it odd that nobody has even mentioned that Ashland tried to score a touchdown with a couple of seconds left on the clock by Matt Thomas. This is the same type of mentality that Bryan Station had when they played earlier in the year. If you dont want someone to rub it in, then reciprocate by putting in your own subs when the game is technically over. I will give the coach from Bryan Staion credit though. He admitted he got what was coming to him.
Congrats JC...Im getting ready for next week...should be a fun week on BGR..
Congrats to Jc. Ashland has been known to run ths score up themselves.
Pages: 1 2