Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Prestonsburg 14 - Shelby Valley 0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
final
final
Congrats Prestonsburg
Congrats Pburg on the win on senior night. This game should have been easily 28-0 but refs kept Valley in it and was also one of pburgs down games. Everytime Pburg got a decent run they would call it back. But Valley is a decent team and should keep there heads up.
I was told Prestonsburg was a little sloppy on offense, but I guess that doesn't matter if they shut the other team out. Prestonsburg defense is playing awesome this year, good job guys keep it up. Good job Valley on a hard faught game.

How did Burchett do at QB?
micheals first varsity pass was a 30+ yard touchdown..
blackcat Wrote:How did Burchett do at QB?

I'm pretty sure he threw a TD pass. Other then that didn't really get much of a chance to show off his arm unless it was obvious passing downs (3rd and 10+). I realize coach D didn't want to ask him to do to much with it being his first start, but I feel that Burchett is a capable pocket passer and felt that Derossett didn't let him do enough. Valley had 10 in the box all night and that makes it hard to run successfully against anyone. Hopefully next week Pburg decides to open it up some . Valley is a much improved team , but Pburg will have to face alot better teams if they want a regional championship, and they must have a more balanced offense then they have now.
it looked like the p-burg player wasnt stopping once the whistle blew and seem to get a lot of holding calls but thats how they reffed so what can we do
Both teams were VERY sloppy tonight. At one point, valley had 3 fumbles in a row... The rain this week also played a huge factor in this game. Burchett did rather well for his first game, thought he should have got one of the player of the game awards. Congrats pburg, keep your heads up valley!
Sounds like it was a defensive struggle all night. Congratulations to the Blackcat defense for recording a shutout.

Incidentally, I, along with most people who made game predictions on the pre-game thread, got the winner and the final margin right. Most people had guessed a 2 TD margin (I said 27-13), but I never imagined Valley would be shut out.
UnderArmour24 Wrote:Congrats Pburg on the win on senior night. This game should have been easily 28-0 but refs kept Valley in it and was also one of pburgs down games. Everytime Pburg got a decent run they would call it back. But Valley is a decent team and should keep there heads up.

Yeah, the refs definitely wanted Valley to win tonight... Wink

Rolleyes
gish Wrote:I'm pretty sure he threw a TD pass. Other then that didn't really get much of a chance to show off his arm unless it was obvious passing downs (3rd and 10+). I realize coach D didn't want to ask him to do to much with it being his first start, but I feel that Burchett is a capable pocket passer and felt that Derossett didn't let him do enough. Valley had 10 in the box all night and that makes it hard to run successfully against anyone. Hopefully next week Pburg decides to open it up some . Valley is a much improved team , but Pburg will have to face alot better teams if they want a regional championship, and they must have a more balanced offense then they have now.

Same problems Prestonsburg has had in the recent years.
Congrats Blackcats!
hmm u all say the refs cheated valley yet they got 3 unsportsman like conduct called.. it seem that p-burg also wetted their field down in the middle because the sides looked dry
but im looking forward to a GREAT matchup in the playoffs
I think the refs were too involved tonight... in regards to both teams
EastKySports21 Wrote:hmm u all say the refs cheated valley yet they got 3 unsportsman like conduct called.. it seem that p-burg also wetted their field down in the middle because the sides looked dry

Yeah and Pburg had 3 or 4 unsportsmanlike calls to and also had atleast 6 or 7 holding calls and on the punt return to the 1 yard line they called a block in the back that i saw that was clearly a clean block and wasnt even close to being a block in the back but ah well no use in arguing about it its over and there is nothing you can do about it. It was a sloppy game and the field was very wet like you said.
Bringing up the officiating in a game like this really serves no purpose. It had no bearing on who won the game, and the better team won on a wet, sloppy night.

Congrats to P-Burg on winning district, and congrats to Valley, who will still get to host a first-round playoff game.
EastKySports21 Wrote:hmm u all say the refs cheated valley yet they got 3 unsportsman like conduct called.. it seem that p-burg also wetted their field down in the middle because the sides looked dry

Are you serious? After the rain this entire area has got the last few days Rolleyes
Congrats Pburg

IMO, Pburg is gonna be hurtin in the playoffs without Bobby Hughes, no offense to Burchett. Hughes was the leader of this team and arguably one of the better QB's in EKY. He was also a good player on the defensive side of the ball. I think tonight showed how important he was to this team.
UnderArmour24 Wrote:Congrats Pburg on the win on senior night. This game should have been easily 28-0 but refs kept Valley in it and was also one of pburgs down games. Everytime Pburg got a decent run they would call it back. But Valley is a decent team and should keep there heads up.
I've watched Prestonsburg play three times this year and they hold more than any team I've seen. Against Beechwood there were at least 8-10 holding penalties that were not called.
Panther Thunder Wrote:I've watched Prestonsburg play three times this year and they hold more than any team I've seen. Against Beechwood there were at least 8-10 holding penalties that were not called.

I'm sure every team in EKY could be called for holdin 8-10 times a game if the refs wanted to get strict about it.
Redneck Wrote:I'm sure every team in EKY could be called for holdin 8-10 times a game if the refs wanted to get strict about it.
I know that much but they were blanted holds and some even tackles. I know that there are a lot of missed called that could go either way but these weren't even close.
Panther Thunder Wrote:I know that much but they were blanted holds and some even tackles. I know that there are a lot of missed called that could go either way but these weren't even close.

If that's the case a hold shoulda been called. I wasn't there so IDK, ain't seen Pburg play once this year.
Redneck Wrote:If that's the case a hold shoulda been called. I wasn't there so IDK, ain't seen Pburg play once this year.
Not trying to take anything away from the them because they are a very good football team. It will really hurt them not having Hughes in there though. He made the offense click and was a great leader. In order for Prestonsburg to make a playoff run they will really need to minimize penalties and turnovers because points may be scarce and the defense will really have to step it up like they did tonight.
Big props to Valley!
Wheres the blowout?
If P-burg's second team could beat Valley they must eb pretty darn good.
pillsburythrowboy Wrote:Big props to Valley!
Wheres the blowout?
If P-burg's second team could beat Valley they must eb pretty darn good.

Don't you know, if P-Burg's JV had played the whole game, they would've beaten poor little Shelby Valley something like 40-0! Rolleyes
WOW, 14-0//Way to play the Blackcats Valley! Thought this one would get out of hand and fast! Congrats P-Burg on the victory!
Congratulations Prestonsburg on a hard-fought game. I'm proud of the Wildcats. Valley defense worked hard all night long. If someone could tell how many minutes our offense was on the field, I'd love to know. My guess is less than 10 total minutes...

What's your guys' opinions on the shutout? Did Valley's offense just not show up? Or was Prestonsburg's defense just that tough? Or did our offensive line just forget to block?

I'm going to have to disagree with UnderArmour24 until I see some stats. I don't remember an unsportsmanlike call against P-burg - well, maybe one. During the game, I was very mad...thought the refs let the kids hold too much, but this morning, I think all in all, it was a pretty good game. Valley really should be proud. Not the blowout that was predicted....
Did SV really wear their home jerseys??
I heard they did.
What's up with teams not wearing their road jerseys when on the road?
I heard it was to irritate P-burg and make a statement (?). I wasn't there, but someone said P-burg wore their home jerseys to Pikeville two weeks ago. But, yes, Valley was wearing blue.
Pages: 1 2 3