Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Pike County Schools Closed Monday due to Staph Infection
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Schools will be opened Tuesday.

http://www.pike.k12.ky.us/

Honestly I don't see how 3 days is going to help much. ER has it, LCC has it, and I'm sure others do, but whatever, it took Pikeville or Central one of the two having a sit in to get their school cleaned, and look how long after that it's taking it get the rest of the county cleaned.
I know Pikeville cleans after school instead. they got the football locker room all over

Too much education there..sheww give us a break Mayo!
Well, sure! While they're at it, why don't they just call off school all week! Or for that matter, just call it off the rest of the semester! Smile
All Pike County schools will be professionally cleaned during the three day weekend.
Which doesnt make sense. Staph will die on its own in two days on a dry surface. From Friday evening to Monday morning is more than enough. The whole school doesnt need to be cleaned, just the moist places like the bathrooms, locker rooms, ect.
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:Which doesnt make sense. Staph will die on its own in two days on a dry surface. From Friday evening to Monday morning is more than enough. The whole school doesnt need to be cleaned, just the moist places like the bathrooms, locker rooms, ect.

And again...thank the media and their "half-truths" on this subject. It is probably better for the BOE to clean everything so the parents will leave them alone. I know parents have their children's best interests at heart but a few interviews I've seen this week on the news have been ridiculous. People need to be better informed about what is going on!:mad:
belfry forever Wrote:And again...thank the media and their "half-truths" on this subject. It is probably better for the BOE to clean everything so the parents will leave them alone. I know parents have their children's best interests at heart but a few interviews I've seen this week on the news have been ridiculous. People need to be better informed about what is going on!:mad:

I agree 100%.