Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Ashland 3, Lawrence Co 0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Surprising loss for LC, since Coach Feltner NEVER reports his stats to KHSAA/Riherds, couldnt look up too much about this one.
Ashland just played better. Lawrence County wasn’t a good team last night.
Stats on each game should be sent in to the KHSAA on all games played as mandated by the KHSAA or the school will be fined. Some schools report stats & some do not. Why does LC not report their stats....are they above the rule?????
throw deepStats on each game should be sent in to the KHSAA on all games played as mandated by the KHSAA or the school will be fined. Some schools report stats & some do not. Why does LC not report their stats....are they above the rule?????
Because a lot of the stats sent in are bogus and totally ludicrous. Those stats posted mean absolutely nothing. You have so many parents and people who don’t know the difference between a hit, error, fielders choice, wild pitch, pass ball, stolen base, runners indifference or any other baseball rule keeping stats. A ball put in play and the hitter reaching doesn’t make it a hit. Then all these pitchers that have given up 20 runs but only 1 earned run. Until there’s a way to out stats in correctly I’d say Lawrence County will never take part in putting stats in. This is Just my opinion not that of anyone associated with the Lawrence County baseball program or school.
Statistical entry is required of all member schools, and those failing to meet the requirement to enter stats are subject to penalties from the Commissioner, including fines and other actions within the constraints of Bylaw 27. Member schools are solely responsible for submitting statistical information. If a school or individual is omitted, or information is not updated, that means the team in question did not update its statistics through the KHSAA’s online system prior to the deadline.

So does LC not have a competent person to report stats correctly??. I do not think so!!!! Competitive advantage????
Ive always heard its bc Coach Feltner has a problem with the KHSAA
(04-26-2022, 11:23 PM)throw deep Wrote: [ -> ]Statistical entry is required of all member schools, and those failing to meet the requirement to enter stats are subject to penalties from the Commissioner, including fines and other actions within the constraints of Bylaw 27. Member schools are solely responsible for submitting statistical information. If a school or individual is omitted, or information is not updated, that means the team in question did not update its statistics through the KHSAA’s online system prior to the deadline.

So does LC not have a competent person to report stats correctly??. I do not think so!!!! Competitive advantage????
A former AAA baseball player keeps Lawrence Countys stats. So, yea I’d say he’s competent.

(04-26-2022, 11:54 PM)Fanman Wrote: [ -> ]Ive always heard its bc Coach Feltner has a problem with the KHSAA
I can’t speak to others feelings. I just stated my opinion why LC doesn’t post stats.
(04-27-2022, 12:12 AM)fewfirstchoice Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-26-2022, 11:23 PM)throw deep Wrote: [ -> ]Statistical entry is required of all member schools, and those failing to meet the requirement to enter stats are subject to penalties from the Commissioner, including fines and other actions within the constraints of Bylaw 27. Member schools are solely responsible for submitting statistical information. If a school or individual is omitted, or information is not updated, that means the team in question did not update its statistics through the KHSAA’s online system prior to the deadline.

A former AAA baseball player keeps Lawrence Countys stats. So, yea I’d say he’s competent.

(04-26-2022, 11:54 PM)Fanman Wrote: [ -> ]Ive always heard its bc Coach Feltner has a problem with the KHSAA
I can’t speak to others feelings. I just stated my opinion why LC doesn’t post stats.
Just my guess. And in saying what I’m gonna say I say it with respect and would probably do the same thing if I was Feltner. If there is no punishment for posting them, why post them? It’s a competitive advantage to not post them. Not in the sense of knowing the averages or ERA of Blevins and Patton. Everybody knows about them. But you don’t know the number BB’s by the other players. Their amount of strikeouts, the ERA of their other pitchers you are blind to the tendencies you could pick up of the other kids stats. 

Just my opinion.
(04-27-2022, 12:19 PM)irishcard16 Wrote: [ -> ]Just my guess. And in saying what I’m gonna say I say it with respect and would probably do the same thing if I was Feltner. If there is no punishment for posting them, why post them? It’s a competitive advantage to not post them. Not in the sense of knowing the averages or ERA of Blevins and Patton. Everybody knows about them. But you don’t know the number BB’s by the other players. Their amount of strikeouts, the ERA of their other pitchers you are blind to the tendencies you could pick up of the other kids stats. 

Just my opinion.

My issue with it is, it is the Athletic Director's job to make sure that the stats get posted by the Head Coach. Who is the Athletic Director? You guessed it. Funny how all the softball stats are always posted on time.
Ashland has a good team just had some turmoil this season. Lawrence county is still best team in 15th with Blevins on the mound. These are still high school kids and if they are distracted by something they may not play their best. As far as posted stats go so many teams send in bold face lies I don’t believe they are worth looking at on KHSAA. Do it old fashioned way if your not playing go watch your competition. 15th has 4 or 5 teams that can win it based on draw in region tournament.
(04-27-2022, 01:02 PM)Truewords Wrote: [ -> ]Ashland has a good team just had some turmoil this season. Lawrence county is still best team in 15th with Blevins on the mound. These are still high school kids and if they are distracted by something they may not play their best. As far as posted stats go so many teams send in bold face lies I don’t believe they are worth looking at on KHSAA. Do it old fashioned way if your not playing go watch your competition. 15th has 4 or 5 teams that can win it based on draw in region tournament.

Not just about the competition, you're hurting your kids when it comes to college coaches wanting to see stats on them, or area coaches that may not play them needing to vote for all-area selections and things like that.  I agree a lot of the stats are bogus, but the bottom line is, everyone else has to do it, so Coach Feltner should be no exception.
(04-27-2022, 01:07 PM)Fanman Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-27-2022, 01:02 PM)Truewords Wrote: [ -> ]Ashland has a good team just had some turmoil this season. Lawrence county is still best team in 15th with Blevins on the mound. These are still high school kids and if they are distracted by something they may not play their best. As far as posted stats go so many teams send in bold face lies I don’t believe they are worth looking at on KHSAA. Do it old fashioned way if your not playing go watch your competition. 15th has 4 or 5 teams that can win it based on draw in region tournament.

Not just about the competition, you're hurting your kids when it comes to college coaches wanting to see stats on them, or area coaches that may not play them needing to vote for all-area selections and things like that.  I agree a lot of the stats are bogus, but the bottom line is, everyone else has to do it, so Coach Feltner should be no exception.
Good coaches know good players. If your voting for a kid it is usually on what you have seen him do. Blevins may not have any stats listed but if you have seen him play he will be on any all area team. Pikeville has some kids same way but don’t put stats in. Paintsville has several in top 25 in state so does Belfry. All 4 of these teams have a shot at 15th region with the right draw. College coaches have contacts through out our area and if you can play they somehow will find you.
Lawrence County is still a very good team. They just had a off night offensively against Ashland who played really well that evening. 

Lawrence County has 4 arms that have been really really good for the most part this year. Blevins, Patton, B Fletcher, and Lafferty have all been lights out for the most part. Both Blevins and Patton both have had one off night so far this season. Other than that they have been really good. Lafferty is sitting mid 80’s with a good breaking ball. When he throws strikes he’s really thought. B Fletcher mid 70’s with a good change and curve. He throws a lot of strikes which helps him get a lot of ground balls. 

As for hitting Lawrence County has a lineup that on most nights show up. B Fletcher is the best lead off hitter in the region. Gets on alot and scores a runs in bunches. Gap to gap hitter that has pull power.  Lafferty has been really hot hitting out of the 2 hole. A kid that can lay the bunt down or hit for power to all fields. He and Fletcher both are dangerous on the base paths. I think between both that have around 30 SB and 1 caught stealing this year so far. Blevins in the 3 hole has been really good. Hitting for average and power this year. Has a ton of RBIs hitting behind the 1st 2 who get on base a lot. Patton in the 4 hole has showed a lot of power hitting gap to gap. Then A Collinsworth, Maynard, E Fletcher, N Collinsworth, Preston, have all hit it well for the most part. 

When Lawrence County is on they’re a really good team but so are Pikeville, Painstville, and Belfry. Any of the 4 can win region. 

As for stats if I had to guess I’d say Blevins, Patton, Fletcher, and Lafferty all have around a 2ERA or lower. 

If I had to guess I’d say Fletcher, Blevins, Patton are all hitting well over .400 with Lafferty and the 2 Collinsworth boys right under that. That’s just a guesstimate tho.
(04-27-2022, 05:36 PM)Truewords Wrote: [ -> ]

Good coaches know good players. If your voting for a kid it is usually on what you have seen him do. Blevins may not have any stats listed but if you have seen him play he will be on any all area team. Pikeville has some kids same way but don’t put stats in. Paintsville has several in top 25 in state so does Belfry. All 4 of these teams have a shot at 15th region with the right draw. College coaches have contacts through out our area and if you can play they somehow will find you.

Its a rule for a reason. KHSAA clearly states: 
  • Roster, Schedule, Statistics and Score entry is required of all member schools. Those failing to meet the requirement to enter stats are subject to penalties from the Commissioner's office, including fines and other actions within the constraints of Bylaw 27.
Also, team stat leaders and individual stat leaders are listed on there. I know i'd be pissed if my son was leading the state in doubles, but wasn't recognized on there b/c the Head Coach/AD has some kind of protest going on with KHSAA
(04-27-2022, 09:53 PM)Fanman Wrote: [ -> ]

• Roster, Schedule, Statistics and Score entry is required of all member schools. Those failing to meet the requirement to enter stats are subject to penalties from the Commissioner's office, including fines and other actions within the constraints of Bylaw 27.
Also, team stat leaders and individual stat leaders are listed on there. I know i'd be pissed if my son was leading the state in doubles, but wasn't recognized on there b/c the Head Coach/AD has some kind of protest going on with KHSAA
I’ll say this. My son would be the number 3 player in state in runs scored, Top 20 in BB, top 25 in hits, top 30 in SB, top 40 in average, and top 30 in ERA. It doesn’t bother me at all. Everyone knows he’s a player and stats being posted doesn’t prove that. His play on the field proves that. 

Bryce Blevins would be top 8 I believe in RBIs and higher than that in a few pitching stats. His parents cousins care less if they get posted on the khsaa web site. 

Lawrence County as a team over all would be top 10 in BA, runs scored, hits, and ERA and top 20 in HR. I haven’t heard one parent complain about their kids stats not being posted. Not saying it doesn’t happen behind closed doors but I’ve not heard it.
(04-27-2022, 10:14 PM)fewfirstchoice Wrote: [ -> ]

I’ll say this. My son would be the number 3 player in state in runs scored, Top 20 in BB, top 25 in hits, top 30 in SB, top 40 in average, and top 30 in ERA. It doesn’t bother me at all. Everyone knows he’s a player and stats being posted doesn’t prove that. His play on the field proves that. 

Bryce Blevins would be top 8 I believe in RBIs and higher than that in a few pitching stats. His parents cousins care less if they get posted on the khsaa web site. 

Lawrence County as a team over all would be top 10 in BA, runs scored, hits, and ERA and top 20 in HR. I haven’t heard one parent complain about their kids stats not being posted. Not saying it doesn’t happen behind closed doors but I’ve not heard it.

Who is "everyone"?  Also that's great that Bryce Blevins' parents' cousins could care less, doesn't mean others don't. Again, its a requirement, and Coach Feltner isn't doing it for whatever personal reason.

Your son is a heck of a player. On the diamond and football field. He and my son have had some good battles. Feel free to PM me if you want lol
(04-27-2022, 10:33 PM)Fanman Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-27-2022, 01:07 PM)Fanman Wrote: [ -> ]Not just about the competition, you're hurting your kids when it comes to college coaches wanting to see stats on them, or area coaches that may not play them needing to vote for all-area selections and things like that.  I agree a lot of the stats are bogus, but the bottom line is, everyone else has to do it, so Coach Feltner should be no exception.

Who is "everyone"?  Also that's great that Bryce Blevins' parents' cousins could care less, doesn't mean others don't. Again, its a requirement, and Coach Feltner isn't doing it for whatever personal reason.
Everyone in eastern Ky and beyond lol that’s who everyone is. Ask any coach in the 13th, 14th, 15th, and 16th region if they’d take Lawrence County’s catcher and lead off guy. I’m willing to say not one coach would say they wouldn’t like to have him on their team. 

The cousin was suppose to say couldn’t not cousin lol, my bad. 

It must not be a requirement because Lawrence County and a few other teams don’t do it and their is not punishment for them not doing it. By laws can state anything they want but if they aren’t upheld they are not requirements.
(04-27-2022, 10:51 PM)fewfirstchoice Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-27-2022, 05:36 PM)Truewords Wrote: [ -> ]Good coaches know good players. If your voting for a kid it is usually on what you have seen him do. Blevins may not have any stats listed but if you have seen him play he will be on any all area team. Pikeville has some kids same way but don’t put stats in. Paintsville has several in top 25 in state so does Belfry. All 4 of these teams have a shot at 15th region with the right draw. College coaches have contacts through out our area and if you can play they somehow will find you.

Everyone in eastern Ky and beyond lol that’s who everyone is. Ask any coach in the 13th, 14th, 15th, and 16th region if they’d take Lawrence County’s catcher and lead off guy. I’m willing to say not one coach would say they wouldn’t like to have him on their team. 

It must not be a requirement because Lawrence County and a few other teams don’t do it and their is not punishment for them not doing it. By laws can state anything they want but if they aren’t upheld they are not requirements.

How do you know there isn't a punishment? The AD is responsible for making sure this is upheld, he gets the emails, phone calls, fines, etc. The AD is the baseball coach, so he gets away with it.
(04-27-2022, 10:58 PM)Fanman Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-27-2022, 10:51 PM)fewfirstchoice Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-27-2022, 09:53 PM)Fanman Wrote: [ -> ]Its a rule for a reason. KHSAA clearly states: 

How do you know there isn't a punishment? The AD is responsible for making sure this is upheld, he gets the emails, phone calls, fines, etc. The AD is the baseball coach, so he gets away with it.
I don’t know there isn’t a punishment for it stated in the by laws. They must not be a punishment (or a punishment to a level to make them stop) that is handed out to teams for not posting stats. But for all I know Lawrence County and these other teams are being fined and are just paying the fine. I don’t know I just know a few teams don’t post stats so the punishment if they are one must not be very strenuous.