Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Big Al to Breathitt
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
No rumors just throwing out a possibility or something I could see happening..others thoughts?
Be the best hire for bhs. Bhs has way to many hotheads and parents that thinks their kid is the best player in the region. Al is only one I see being able to tame the bobcats
(04-14-2022, 11:46 PM)Mountainparkway Wrote: [ -> ]Be the best hire for bhs. Bhs has way to many hotheads and parents that thinks their kid is the best player in the region. Al is only one I see being able to tame the bobcats
I don’t think he can tame them..I’m looking at the big picture..they won’t hire a no name it will be a big hire so it’s either him or BB only ones with experience..coach Holland wants to go out on top and this is his only option to do so, but this team is all AAU so it’s a different style but at the same time he’s got to get them to buy into a Team concept which any coach would have a problem doing..
I don’t see any chance of this. Al doesn’t need the headache that comes with this job. He has it made at Hazard. John had it made and hard the top team in the region returning and still left for a job coaching at a school that hasn’t had much success in the last 20 years. That’s how bad the environment is in Breathitt County. Almost all the talent is only there for a year also.
Al is about at the end of the Rainbow, he isn’t going to Breathitt for one good year. Perry is reloading as we speak. If the Covid repeat year wasn’t put into place, John Noble would had a region title and he’d still be at Breathitt. Not sure why Bobcat fans thought they should beat 3 holdback Srs and the top rated player in the region. Now this season coming maybe. Perry will have some new blood next year. Can’t really prepare for the doors until about the end of October. Breathitt will have a hard time getting a big name coach.
(04-15-2022, 12:39 AM)DukeBoy Wrote: [ -> ]Al is about at the end of the Rainbow, he isn’t going to Breathitt for one good year. Perry is reloading as we speak. If the Covid repeat year wasn’t put into place, John Noble would had a region title and he’d still be at Breathitt. Not sure why Bobcat fans thought they should beat 3 holdback Srs and the top rated player in the region. Now this season coming maybe. Perry will have some new blood next year. Can’t really prepare for the doors until about the end of October. Breathitt will have a hard time getting a big name coach.

Perry had the best point guard in the region as well. A better coach that would be willing to go to Breathitt will be hard to find.
Yeah Perry does have the best PG in the region. Question is, is he good enough to win the region with the kids around him or will they have to go out and get some more pieces to go with him? Something that they have commonly been known to do. Why didn’t Hensley come to Perry?
If the parents didn't like Nobles style, how will they like Al's? I don't see those parents ever being satisfied. It takes team ball to win games. Team ball doesn't always equal more individual achievements,especially in high school with no shot clock.
If you want your kid to score lots of points then you need lots of opportunities to score which equals more possessions.
Cordia or Wolfe and possibly Estill is the style for you. I'm sure the wolves, lions or Engineers would welcome a mountain boy with outstretched arms.
If you want your kid to win a championship. Send them to Perry,Knott or Hazard depending on there returning rosters for next year.
I'm afraid the hopes for Breathitt to win it next season is getting put on the U haul on its way to Hyden cause I don't see them getting a good hire in the amount of time needed to have the off season needed for a championship run. I could be wrong but I doubt it.
Coach noble is a great guy and has some coaching ability. But I have a honest question and I’m not trying to be a smart a$$. Noble has been at BHS for 5 years and has one region win. Now this past year was his best athletic team he’s had since he’s been there and they won one game in the region. What makes you guys think it would have been any different this year? I think it was a time for a change. Maybe it wasn’t all his fault with the disappointing season with how it ended but as a coach you have to take some responsibility for the team not gelling or coming together like it should. That’s what great coaches do. Winning the All A and winning the district isn’t that great. They beat Leslie 3-24, hazard that’s had a down year and cordia. Beating Wolfe county in the district shouldn’t be no big deal as they had one player that would see any playing time at BHS. On paper BHS should beat Wolfe by 15 or more every time they meet. No way with BHS athletes should Wolfe be in the same gym. Just my rant about the coaching change. Not like BHS is losing A dominating coach that wins the region every couple years.
Lol what makes you think Breathitt is a school that should even be in the discussion for a regional title every year? The glory days of the 60’s, 70’s and 80’s are long gone. Breathitt hadn’t been a Top 5 team in the region 2 or 3 times in the 20 years before Noble came to Breathitt. The people in Breathitt have to figure out that the gap between Breathitt and Perry last year wasn’t very big. Sure Breathitt had better athletes and more talent at a few positions but Perry played with heart, a team 1st attitude, physical, and smarter than Breathitt. Now does some of that fall on the coach sure but in the end the coach can’t control a players effort, toughness, attitude all those things are individual decisions. Breathitt parents and players for the most part would rather score 25 pts and lose than score 10 pts and win. That and the attitude of its always someone else’s fault is why they didn’t win the region.
(04-17-2022, 11:18 AM)Mountainparkway Wrote: [ -> ]Coach noble is a great guy and has some coaching ability. But I have a honest question and I’m not trying to be a smart a$$. Noble has been at BHS for 5 years and has one region win. Now this past year was his best athletic team he’s had since he’s been there and they won one game in the region. What makes you guys think it would have been any different this year? I think it was a time for a change. Maybe it wasn’t all his fault with the disappointing season with how it ended but as a coach you have to take some responsibility for the team not gelling or coming together like it should. That’s what great coaches do. Winning the All A and winning the district isn’t that great. They beat Leslie 3-24, hazard that’s had a down year and cordia. Beating Wolfe county in the district shouldn’t be no big deal as they had one player that would see any playing time at BHS. On paper BHS should beat Wolfe by 15 or more every time they meet. No way with BHS athletes should Wolfe be in the same gym. Just my rant about the coaching change. Not like BHS is losing A dominating coach that wins the region every couple years.

I'm not disagreeing at all but I believe there is a narrow window here and who is available at this time that can bring that change to Jackson?
I'm just saying that you can make changes at anytime but question which remains to be seen is whether it will be a positive change.
If you are from Breathitt and think you can't do any worse than Noble than by all means it was the right decision. But I'm afraid that with who will be interested in this job that they may be taking a step in the wrong direction. Unless by some unforeseen reason they can get an Al ,BB or Hall from Estill then I don't see them upgrading.
Why would Brian Hall be viewed as an upgrade from John Noble? Don’t get me wrong I thing Coach Hall is a great coach as I do Coach Noble, but Coach Hall hasn’t ever won a region. He had a great run in the region but he also lost to Perry.
Just my opinion. I really don't know anything about him,I was just impressed with the season he had in general with a short roster for much of the year and the run he had in the tournament. I don't hold it against him that they lost to Perry. They were just outmatched. I honestly don't look for any of those 3 I mentioned to be interested but with 2 of them nearing the end of there coaching careers, going out on top may be of interest to them.
There’s other people throughout the state of KY or the nation for that matter besides Al, BB, and other local yokals. Breathitt needs to bring them and outsider and a few assistants to go with them. Someone that doesn’t care whose kid this one or that ones is.
Brian Hall been at Breathitt once doute him even looking at coming back.
(04-17-2022, 03:24 PM)Huck Fin Wrote: [ -> ]Just my opinion. I really don't know anything about him,I was just impressed with the season he had in general with a short roster for much of the year and the run he had in the tournament. I don't hold it against him that they lost to Perry. They were just outmatched. I honestly don't look for any of those 3 I mentioned to be interested but with 2 of them nearing the end of there coaching careers, going out on top may be of interest to them.

You'd be hard pressed to find a better person than Brian Hall. If you wanted your kid to have a great role model/mentor you'd be hard pressed to find better than Brian. 

He began his head coaching career at Breathitt County. He lead them to a Region Runner up his first season and then the Region Semi Finals his second year. The third year they went 4-23 and he left. He's coached at Jackson City, Betsy Layne, Powell County, Estill's girls and Bryan Stations girls before returning to coach the Estill Boys last season. He's got a good situation at Estill County and I'd doubt he'd want to go back to Breathitt and deal with those politics.
Agreed but if a role model was what they wanted, they pushed him overboard.
I just don't see this happening. Al has to be nearing retirement. I don't see him leaving the comfortable to tackle this one. Just my two cents.....
I think HHS will be the last place Big Al coaches.
Steve Wright and Matthew Perry are at the top of the list for this job.
I’m gonna say Matthew Perry. Wright probably best choice but homers like coach Perry. I’m sure Perry will do fine. Got plenty talent to work with.