Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: VTO Sports Camps - RUN AWAY FAST!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Vinnie, Tyrone and Otis............yes that is VTO Sports.  They will tell you.  They will show up at 1:15 PM for a camp that was scheduled to start at 12:00 PM.  They will take over and hour to set up their camp and then cut the camp short.  Oh, and by the way, they will take 30 mins to get on a MIC and tell you their story of how 3 dads started this camp to help their boys get scholarships.  Also, they will charge you more money than you need to spend in order to pay their bills and then tell you how SOOOO MANNYYY colleges follow them and how great their connections are........complete BS.  
I am a father of 3 D1 football players that knew nothing about camps 10 years ago, but learned the hard way running around to camps, combines, Elite this and Elite that and paying thieves like VTO my hard earned money.  Some camps are good, some are money grabs.  Trust me......Vinnie, Tyrone and Otis are nothing short of genius with the way they have somehow made themselves relevant with marketing their BS, but their camps are a SHAM!
Just my opinion after literally traveling the country for 10 years.  
Go to College sponsored camps where true College coaches actually see you.  There are some very good camps, most of them are College sponsored mega camps or individual college camps.  Price is reasonable....$50 -$75, on campus and multiple coaches to see your son.  VTO should be marked off any camp list, no matter how good or mediocre you son may be.  "DONT WASTE YOUR TIME/MONEY"
I am all for Good People trying to make a difference, but VTO is nothing but a complete money grab for Vinnie, Tyrone and Otis.
I have never met Vinnie, Tyrone or Otis, except sitting in the stands listening to their BS, so there is no personal vendetta.....just hate seeing Good People wasting their money.
Good Luck to All.
People need to realize that camps like this are a giant waste of money.
(03-25-2022, 02:06 PM)Ghostofjoey Wrote: [ -> ]People need to realize that camps like this are a giant waste of money.
Just like these "all american" games you have to PAY to play in. lol
How do you guys feel about Perfect Game Showcases in baseball?
(03-27-2022, 09:13 AM)Bulldogs4Ever Wrote: [ -> ]How do you guys feel about Perfect Game Showcases in baseball?
Unfortunately, I only have experience in the football world.  I would reach out to local college coaches and ask their opinion, or follow up with some local dad's that have been through the experience and ask them.  Best of Luck!
(03-27-2022, 09:13 AM)Bulldogs4Ever Wrote: [ -> ]How do you guys feel about Perfect Game Showcases in baseball?
My advice would be to do 1 PBR showcase a year, just to get the numbers for the year. All the rest of my money would be spent going to on campus camps. This seems to be the most valuable use of your money in baseball recruiting. Pick 4-6 camps at schools that your kid can both play at and want to attend and go from there.
Thank You Irishcard. Excellent advice
My advice for football is: If you think you are good enough to play football at a school, go to a one day camp at that school, put on by the school's coaches. You can go to 5 of those for the price of one of those silly showcases.
There’s a lot of scams out there involving camps and all star teams.

Do your research before you hand over a cent.
As a parent of two that played college football, we were "educated" to a considerable degree from our first son's recruitment when our second son was recruited. We got a lot of correspondence from those camps you all are talking about from middle school through their senior years and we learned how to cut through the bologna of these camps and some coaches. Having gone through all of that, you all are giving some good advice about those camps. Our sons attended some select college camps they were interested in attending and went to a few college camps where more college's coaches were present. Those camps never cost us more than $70 to attend unless the boys spent the night one night. A tour of the campus was included in those overnight camps. Good advice from you all.
My best advice is to encourage your kid to not put the blinders on and focus on only ONE or TWO schools. Keep all options open and let most every coach know you are interested in their school most of all. If those "dream" schools don't work out and your kid hasn't shown a lot interest to other schools, then they will be left scrambling in November and December if they want to play football. Most coaches play the "Your on our list of most wanted players" game to get as many fish on the line as possible and then will start sorting out who they want in October. Your kid has to play the game as well and play the "Coach, I want to come to your school more than any other" game as well. It sucks, but, there is a LOT of crap shoveled in both games and those coaches WILL do it to your kids. Get your kid to pick eight or ten schools and then dig in deep with that bologna shovel because your are just shoveling the bologna off you that is shoveled by coaches. Coaches are trying to get the best players possible and their jobs depend on it. They have to be part coach and part car salesmen to put food on the table. Can't blame em. But our second son's recruitment went a LOT smoother with the experience we had from the first son.
Going to camps and showcases hosted by colleges is the best way to get offers. If you are attending a camp that isn't hosted by a school make sure that colleges will be in attendance at the camp. When at the camp its all about getting noticed, these coaches will be watching the highly rated guys so match up with them in 1-on-1s..