Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: How?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How do you fit 71,024 into a stadium that is only supposed to hold 67,000? Now I know that the suites have "standing room only tickets" (10 each for the smaller ones and I believe 20 each for the 4 large ones) but after that, where do the additional 3,800 people go?
I have no idea...I guess the 67,000 is a max capacity number that is within regulation of the fire codes, but there is a lot more room to fit people in. If you have ever been to Paintsville's gym there is a sign that says that its max capacity is either 1,000 or 1,500, and there was a heck of a lot more in there back in 97 for Lex Cath or 03 for Rose Hill and the OJ Mayo bunch. That is the only thing that I can come up with, unless they are counting all media personnelle and facility workers like the beer lady or the trash guy.
I set in section 214 row 28 and you couldn't clap without hitting someone. It was insane, and everyone stood the whole game, and there was no movement at all. But they broke the record at Commonwealth Stadium by two.
yea,where i was standing it was madness, I had to stand sideways in order to clap.
gosh i bet it was horrible when you had to wait in line at the restrooms.
i have no idea!!
Jimmy Dugan Wrote:gosh i bet it was horrible when you had to wait in line at the restrooms.
It was at least a good 15-20 minute wait. Smile
StrikeoutKing Wrote:It was at least a good 15-20 minute wait. Smile

If that's the case here is a little advice ol' Redneck's dad told us. When you have to go and can't get to a rest area fast enough, "Pinch, Pinch, Pinch, Wiggle, Wiggle, Wiggle"Smile
GRIZZ Wrote:If that's the case here is a little advice ol' Redneck's dad told us. When you have to go and can't get to a rest area fast enough, "Pinch, Pinch, Pinch, Wiggle, Wiggle, Wiggle"Smile

HECK YEAH, and it works too... Ole D.J. been on the roads since he was 20 years old, gotta figure out somethin to do when it's 20 degrees outside (any male will agree they don't stand outside to drain the lizard when it's that cold) and not a gas station or anywhere else to stop.
But anyways, I was wonderin the same thing when they announced that attendance then said it's capacity was like 67,000.
I was wondering that too. I mean, do they just sell more tickets than there are seats?
I know there's space between the suite's in the endzones and above the endzone seats, so they must have sold standing only tickets for that area.
Is capacity really 67,000? I always thought it was 70,000. Well now that 71,024 takes a little spin lol.
I guess they sold tickets to the seats in the bathrooms!?!?!