Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Pikeville vs. Cooper (Sweet 16 Rd. 1)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Good luck to the lady Panthers as they face Cooper in the 1st round of the state tournament.  Pikeville will close out the morning session with tip-off around 1:30.

The Pikeville/Cooper winner will advance to face the winner of the 11am game Bowling Green/Letcher Central.
Cooper leads 29-22 at the half after a three at the buzzer. Pikeville is struggling with the size and length of Cooper.
Sounds like Cooper defense is just too much for Pikeville.
The little bit I was able to listen too it sounded like Cooper dominated the boards...I think I listened for 5 minutes or so during the 3rd quarter and Cooper had several offensive rebounds.

Fantastic season for the Panthers and these girls got a lot of exciting basketball ahead of them the next few years...maybe the princess commodore can help the Panthers land a solid center before next season too help on the boards.
57-37 Cooper

Great season for the panthers, nothing to hang their heads about
Hopefully next year thornsbury get a little more respect and doesn’t have to play second fiddle. She is at least equal to trinity if not better. They are different players, but to use her as an off ball 3 point shooting option blows my mind. Great at finishing around the rim and drawing fouls.
Has to be disappointing with all the recruits Pikeville brought in to get beat down like that.
Ouch
This is what happens when Pikeville plays the 3rd best team in the 9th.
When is the last girls teams from the 15th to win a game at state?
(03-10-2022, 05:41 PM)pirateforlife Wrote: [ -> ]When is the last girls teams from the 15th to win a game at state?
2014-2015
Johnson Central beat Letcher Co
(03-10-2022, 05:29 PM)KingCommodore Wrote: [ -> ]This is what happens when Pikeville plays the 3rd best team in the 9th.
Would you say Pikeville was outcoached or just out talented?
(03-10-2022, 05:08 PM)irishcard16 Wrote: [ -> ]Hopefully next year thornsbury get a little more respect and doesn’t have to play second fiddle. She is at least equal to trinity if not better. They are different players, but to use her as an off ball 3 point shooting option blows my mind. Great at finishing around the rim and drawing fouls.
She knew transferring in what her role was going to be. It’s not a matter of respect it’s just this is Trinity’s team. She had her own where she ran the show but gave that up for shot a region championship. Orem is not going to take the ball away from Rowe nor would any coach. Thornsbury is going to have to find away to fit into Pikeville plans because Pikeville won’t change from Rowe with the ball in her hands. This formula has worked before Thornsbury transferred in and not changing
(03-10-2022, 06:32 PM)Truewords Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-10-2022, 05:08 PM)irishcard16 Wrote: [ -> ]Hopefully next year thornsbury get a little more respect and doesn’t have to play second fiddle. She is at least equal to trinity if not better. They are different players, but to use her as an off ball 3 point shooting option blows my mind. Great at finishing around the rim and drawing fouls.
She knew transferring in what her role was going to be. It’s not a matter of respect it’s just this is Trinity’s team. She had her own where she ran the show but gave that up for shot a region championship. Orem is not going to take the ball away from Rowe nor would any coach. Thornsbury is going to have to find away to fit into Pikeville plans because Pikeville won’t change from Rowe with the ball in her hands. This formula has worked before Thornsbury transferred in and not changing
Looks like she figured it out today.
Woah woah woah I’m so sorry. Just my opinion sorry for speaking against the almighty. I will go back in my cave.
(03-10-2022, 06:42 PM)irishcard16 Wrote: [ -> ]
Woah woah woah I’m so sorry. Just my opinion sorry for speaking against the almighty. I will go back in my cave.
Your opinion is as welcome here as mine. Every indication is she is happy at Pikeville with her team and her role with them.
(03-10-2022, 05:29 PM)KingCommodore Wrote: [ -> ]This is what happens when Pikeville plays the 3rd best team in the 9th.
That’s pretty cool that they allowed the top 3 teams from the 9th to play in the sweet 16. I wonder why they only let the best team from the 15th play? I guess the rest weren’t worthy. But yes I agree I’m glad Pikeville didn’t draw the best team from the 9th. Who does the best team from the 9th play? I’ll be anxious to watch them.
Pikeville will most likely continue to win region the next 2 years at least. They had a girl transfer to Pikeville who is in middle school who is better at her age than Rowe and Thornsberry were. Some probably know who I'm talking about. The girl is really good for her age
(03-10-2022, 05:57 PM)pirateforlife Wrote: [ -> ]
Would you say Pikeville was outcoached or just out talented?
I would say that Cooper has more talent by far. You dont lose by 20 just based on coaching only after winning your region. Rowe is small and could not get going as Cooper trapped her out of the hedges off the ball screens and took her out of the game with the length and she dont have the strength nor the footspeed to overcome these issues. Thornsbury is also hindered by footspeed but she is stronger and it showed today as she had a some better game than Rowe, but both were a step slow compared. Good run by Pikeville but even with your cheating you cant compete outside the region.

(03-10-2022, 06:41 PM)Realtalk101 Wrote: [ -> ]
Looks like she figured it out today
Look anyone who knows basketball knows what you are saying and knows you are right. Without the transfer Pikeville dont win the region. I said it all year.
Thread douchebaggery level: Code Red
(03-10-2022, 10:40 PM)jetpilot Wrote: [ -> ]Thread douchebaggery level: Code Red
Been waiting on you to get home jetpilot. I told you all year. Today you seen.
How many nets did you cut down this year?
(03-10-2022, 10:43 PM)KingCommodore Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-10-2022, 10:40 PM)jetpilot Wrote: [ -> ]Thread douchebaggery level: Code Red
People who go to Pikeville High all learn to say "Today you saw."
Dont let them run you off. Speak the truth like you have here.

(03-10-2022, 11:08 PM)jetpilot Wrote: [ -> ]
Tough day for you pilot. You are not riding a jet today. Maybe a broom. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!  Big Grin
(03-10-2022, 11:49 PM)KingCommodore Wrote: [ -> ]

Tough day for you pilot. You are not riding a jet today. Maybe a broom. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!  Big Grin
I’ve battled with them many times can’t speak logically to those in their ivory towers.
 I saw where the 3rd best team in the 9th won again today to advance to the final 4. So when do the other two 9th region teams play? Still waiting to get to see those two play.
(03-11-2022, 12:20 AM)irishcard16 Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-10-2022, 11:49 PM)KingCommodore Wrote: [ -> ]

I’ve battled with them many times can’t speak logically to those in their ivory towers.
Congrats on 15th Region Coach of the Year, Doe. I hope that eases the pain and bitterness you feel a little bit. I know everyone in the region was supposed to just lay down and let you guys win…I guess Coach Orem and the girls didn’t get the memo….Good Luck to Cassidy at UK, we’ll all be cheering for her.
The Pikeville faithful is one thing. Loyal to a fault. No matter how much illegal cheating goes on, the faithful fans will condone it. No matter what. You people have been told over and over all year and years by numerous people on here how and where your team stood in the pecking order of the state. You do not play anyone to get those lofty rankings then get to state and get drilled. One and done, and that's with the best you can recruit. The state rankings you tout are fools gold when you leave this region.

Thornsbury is the best player you have and it showed in the state. Only kid you had that could compete.

You can also accuse me of being anyone you want, that just shows how more stupid you are to anyone outside of Pikeville fans.

You got just exactly what I told you that you would get all year. Beat when you played your first real team. And it was a mismatch from the tip. Good luck next year. I will be back to put you in your place when the delusional foolishness starts again.
(03-13-2022, 04:06 PM)KingCommodore Wrote: [ -> ]The Pikeville faithful is one thing. Loyal to a fault. No matter how much illegal cheating goes on, the faithful fans will condone it. No matter what.  You people have been told over and over all year and years by numerous people on here how and where your team stood in the pecking order of the state. You do not play anyone to get those lofty rankings then get to state and get drilled. One and done, and that's with the best you can recruit. The state rankings you tout are fools gold when you leave this region.

Thornsbury is the best player you have and it showed in the state. Only kid you had that could compete.

You can also accuse me of being anyone you want, that just shows how more stupid you are to anyone outside of Pikeville fans.

You got just exactly what I told you that you would get all year. Beat when you played your first real team. And it was a mismatch from the tip. Good luck next year. I will be back to put you in your place when the delusional foolishness starts again.

You certainly picked a good username when you went with King. It fits the insanely high opinion of your own opinion.
(03-13-2022, 04:06 PM)KingCommodore Wrote: [ -> ]The Pikeville faithful is one thing. Loyal to a fault. No matter how much illegal cheating goes on, the faithful fans will condone it. No matter what.  You people have been told over and over all year and years by numerous people on here how and where your team stood in the pecking order of the state. You do not play anyone to get those lofty rankings then get to state and get drilled. One and done, and that's with the best you can recruit. The state rankings you tout are fools gold when you leave this region.

I look forward to another great year of Pikeville getting 31 wins and you crying all year. And you are a g/d liar about cheating and have given ZERO proof and will always be a g/d liar.
Pages: 1 2