Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Perry County Central vs. George Rogers Clark 3/16 (KHSAA Sweet 16)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Commodores from the 14th and the GRC Cardinals from the 10th with tip next Wednesday night at 6 PM in the opening round game of the sweet 16.

Perry County Central averages about 67 points a game. 

George Rogers Clark averages about 87 points a game.
I'm pulling for Landon and Perry but GRC only has 1 loss. I'm taking the Cardinals by about 30. They're just way too good.

GRC beat Wolfe County by 50 (Yes at GRC)

Perry beat Wolfe County by 24 (Yes at Perry).
George Rogers Clark has a 14th Region connection as their head coach, Josh Cook played and coached at JBS. He and the Cardinals should advance to the next round by 25 plus.
I predict pain.
Damn a lot of Perry Haters on here. Perry has a chance to beat the almighty GNC Vitamins. GNC, I mean GRC will be nervous wrecks to. Perry has a veteran battle tested team. I’m sure Shannon can play some slow down ball if he has to. I wouldn’t count out the Dores.
(03-09-2022, 12:45 AM)DukeBoy Wrote: [ -> ]Damn a lot of Perry Haters on here.  Perry has a chance to beat the almighty GNC Vitamins.  GNC, I mean GRC will be nervous wrecks to.  Perry has a veteran battle tested team.  I’m sure Shannon can play some slow down ball if he has to.  I wouldn’t count out the Dores.

I'm not trying to be a smart a$$, I'm pulling for the Dores and the 14th region but in reality the only way and I mean the only way GRC loses this game is if they don't show up and forfeit. Yes Perry has beat them twice since KHSAA Scoreboard came into exsistance but they weren't this LOADED. GRC has yet to lose to a Kentucky team.
First time for everything StrikoutKing.
GRC by 25 plus. Perry isn’t even in the ball game.
I would like to say that perry has a chance, but they don’t. Go look on khsaa at their scores. They have absolutely crushed better teams all year long.
Clark County looks like a team that will probably take home the Big Trophy, the looks of a small college team. That kid they got from Lexington, Morton, is darn good, but he has plenty of help.

I will be cheering for Perry Central as I always do for my home region but this one is over before it begins. The Cards can name the score. Probably have 7 or 8 dunks in the game. They’ve got quickness, ball handlers, shooters, lock down defense, BIGS……just too much! That’s why no one has touched them in the state this year and they’ve played a difficult schedule, too. The only game they have lost was a 2 point game to a very high profile team from South Carolina with several D1 guys at the King of the Bluegrass.
Been a good year for the commodores, hang the region banner, but the show stops next Wednesday, GRC will be playing their backups by start of 4th quarter if coach Cook wants too!! 89-58 GRC. BTW, I’d pay to be wrong and see Perry make a game of this!
Looking back at some of GRC's games and scores.
Woodford co played them as close as anybody. I bet Hoskins and company are watching this game as we speak. Hoskins will have them ready with a game plan.
GRC has to feel very confident going into this game. Kinda like Knox central did in YMT.
Planning on watching this one and will be for Perry central.
For you thats a no brainer.
Wish I were watching NL play them in round 1.
Probably the only team with a decent shot of taking down GRC is Male. I hope Perry can somehow make a game of it but I'm afraid they are just too overmatched. Tough draw for the 'Dores.
Where there special circumstances that allowed Woodford to play them close?
I'm not familiar with them at all. I know they are probably a top 25 team.
Was GRC shorthanded against them or Woodford just have a sound game plan and good matchups?
I think GRC wins this game I think Perry keeps it close in the first half tell the wheels fall off then GRC stretches the lead out and wins by 15-20 points
Tough matchup for Perry against one of the favorites. It's been longer than I realized since Perry Central has been to Rupp, and it hasn't been as long as I thought since George Rogers Clark went and actually got to take the floor.

They have three common opponents:
GRC beat Knox Central 91-54; Perry beat Knox 72-52
GRC beat Mason Co. 57-45; Perry lost to Mason Co. 72-61
GRC beat North Laurel 77-64; Perry lost to North 74-65

Realistically, if Perry keeps it close for a half before GRC blows it open midway in the 3rd, that's probably going to be a respectable outing.

There are four teams that are just terrible draws for practically any region, and George Rogers Clark is one of them.
Very good post Head Viper. I just feel that being on the big stage, first round, Perry has a good shot and beating GRC. Most good teams, even great ones get a little nervous during the first round. Perry lost to North Laurel and Mason County at those twos home floors. The kids at Perry are battle tested. They have played against great athletes for a long time especially during summer AAU and can adapt to their style of play. Gonna take Perry by 4.
Hoping Perry pulls off the upset and though GRC is number one they better not overlook Perry. I'm hoping the Dores come out hot and control the ball as well as managing to control the boards. Stranger things have happened but this team is fun to watch and have faced great tests all season. Mckenzie has a nose for the ball and Napier should shoot effectively. Brock is tough defensively but GRC is well coached. Perry's record is 29-4 and never lost a game in the region so that is a strong statement. Represent the 14th well and go Dores.
I wish my bobcats was playing tonight but the best team is representing the 14th. I’ll be cheering for the commadores tonight. Good luck
(03-16-2022, 04:38 PM)Mountainparkway Wrote: [ -> ]I wish my bobcats was playing tonight but the best team is representing the 14th. I’ll be cheering for the commadores tonight. Good luck

I have a sneaky suspicion that you may not actually be a bobcat fan.
Maybe a Wolfe or Perry fan that pulling some conspiracy theory psycho warfare on the kittens.
Haha maybe so