Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: WMDJ
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Shoutout to to WMJD. Listened to the whole 15th region tournament on the radio, my rankings:

1 WMDJ the best
2 WPRG 2nd, Larry is excellent but color man gave waaaaay too much color.
3 98.1 Pikeville distant 3rd
(03-07-2022, 11:25 PM)jetpilot Wrote: [ -> ]Shoutout to to WMJD. Listened to the whole 15th region tournament on the radio, my rankings:

1 WMJD the best

WMDJ*
(03-07-2022, 11:27 PM)BillSelf Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-07-2022, 11:25 PM)jetpilot Wrote: [ -> ]Shoutout to to WMJD. Listened to the whole 15th region tournament on the radio, my rankings:

1 WMJD the best

WMDJ*
My bad can a mod fix it?

1 WMJD the best
In partial defense of the crew from MTM, they are brand new to calling games.  All of the experienced announcers have been unable to call the tournaments except Teddy Paynter who did the girls tourney.
(03-07-2022, 11:40 PM)bucslover68 Wrote: [ -> ]

1 WMJD the best
In partial defense of the crew from MTM, they are brand new to calling games.  All of the experienced announcers have been unable to call the tournaments except Teddy Paynter who did the girls tourney.
MTM has a bigger budget than ESPN, boys 15th was a fail.
(03-07-2022, 11:46 PM)jetpilot Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-07-2022, 11:40 PM)bucslover68 Wrote: [ -> ]

1 WMJD the best
MTM has a bigger budget than ESPN, boys 15th was a fail.
LOL I agree.  I'm just not supposed to say so.
What about David and Darryl and their other brother Darryl? LOL!!!
(03-08-2022, 12:16 AM)HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote: [ -> ]What about David and Darryl and their other brother Darryl? LOL!!!
LOL
I guess I am partial to the Gearheart boys at WPRG. I think they do an excellent job.
(03-08-2022, 01:36 AM)Westside Wrote: [ -> ]I guess I am partial to the Gearheart boys at WPRG.  I think they do an excellent job.

WPRG does a great job overall. I know people are big on PrepSpin & they do good work, but I would take WPRG any day. The camera quality is outstanding. And feels a little nostalgic. Reminds me of watching the replays on Channel 5 as a kid.
I have nothing but praise for WPRG as well. Just thought in the championship the color guy went on too long and I felt like I was missing the (play-by-play) action.
(03-08-2022, 10:30 AM)jetpilot Wrote: [ -> ]I have nothing but praise for WPRG as well. Just thought in the championship the color guy went on too long and I felt like I was missing the (play-by-play) action.

As in, Coach Kelly Wells, former UPIKE Coach and KHSAA Hall of Famer?

Someone who don't know anything about basketball, could come away feeling like a genius after listening to him call the game.
(03-08-2022, 10:46 AM)BillSelf Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-08-2022, 10:30 AM)jetpilot Wrote: [ -> ]I have nothing but praise for WPRG as well. Just thought in the championship the color guy went on too long and I felt like I was missing the (play-by-play) action.

As in, Coach Kelly Wells, former UPIKE Coach and KHSAA Hall of Famer?

Someone who don't know anything about basketball, could come away feeling like a genius after listening to him call the game.
Didn't know it was him. I'm sure he will be fine.