Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Greenup Co. 35 - Lawrence Co. 20
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final
Since the previous thread was closed, I want to make sure that the readers understand that the better team, IMO, did not come out with the win. The game, plain and simple, was determined by the refs last night. The boys could not get a break and when they were leading the flags came out. We have never had that number of penalties against us this season, no where close to that. As it goes, we have to put that behind us and move on to the next game. Go dawgs!
I am surprised. I figured LC would win but gratz Greenup
I dont care what no one says Lawrence is the best team in the district and the refs have beat them in there last 2 district games but we will see in the playoffs who's in the region championship game
What kind of penalties was there, I believe that I read there were like over 200 yards in penalties, was there like a penalty on every play or something?
DEVIL89 Wrote:What kind of penalties was there, I believe that I read there were like over 200 yards in penalties, was there like a penalty on every play or something?
Yes it was horrible by far and for those that know me on here know i dont care to bash the refs and havent this year, But last night was the most porr called game I have ever seen. The first flag on greenup was on there qb while on D when they had a personal foul and later in the first half a play had his mid section grabbed and was pushing the player off and was ejected from the game. Now if you didnt throw the other kid out how could you on that play when it was nothing more then a shove. Then it was like every other play a flag was throw. Then almost the entire 2nd half it was almost always 1st and long and there was almost 240 yards against just LC not counting also having a coach throwed out. Just unreal they could cheat kids the way they do.

Oh by the way when the game started and when we had they didnt stop us it was the officals with all the pentalties.
Sounds like a messed up game, where was the ref's from NKY(inside joke for me)?
DEVIL89 Wrote:Sounds like a messed up game, where was the ref's from NKY(inside joke for me)?

Yea I heard about the Simon Keenton game. But no h was from there. I mean it was so plain that you could tell when a flag was going to get thrown.
Was really shocked at the outcome of this game! Really thought LC would have come out on top!
We should haveRolleyes
DEVIL89 Wrote:What kind of penalties was there, I believe that I read there were like over 200 yards in penalties, was there like a penalty on every play or something?

The Daily Independent reported that LC had 18 penalities for 157 yards. Many teams have went to LC with the same problem, but to no object from the LC fans.

The fact is LC just isnt a good team. Them seem to be more worried about who is playing instead of how they are playing. LC will be a one and done in the playoffs and thats a shame because I thought in the early part of the season this team was heads above the rest in its district.
Well i can tell you thing kayaker LC ave won that game if it wasnt for those penatlies that just absoutely killled there momentum, and once the boys finally realized with about 8 mins to go it didnt matter what they done,they wasnt gonna win because of the horrible calls made against lc
Batpuff Wrote:Yes it was horrible by far and for those that know me on here know i dont care to bash the refs and havent this year, But last night was the most porr called game I have ever seen. The first flag on greenup was on there qb while on D when they had a personal foul and later in the first half a play had his mid section grabbed and was pushing the player off and was ejected from the game. Now if you didnt throw the other kid out how could you on that play when it was nothing more then a shove. Then it was like every other play a flag was throw. Then almost the entire 2nd half it was almost always 1st and long and there was almost 240 yards against just LC not counting also having a coach throwed out. Just unreal they could cheat kids the way they do.

Oh by the way when the game started and when we had they didnt stop us it was the officals with all the pentalties.

Was this game at Greenup?
HazzBeen Wrote:Was this game at Greenup?

Yes this game was in Greenup and half the crew was from there as well. I know the white hat was.
We had 14 for 150 in penalties against them. We got 27-0 and never scored again while they added 3 scores. Take nothing away from Greenup, they played their butts off and made some good adjustments but the refs were awful. They called the leading with head penalty 4 times on us, and it hasn't been called since. Again, Greenup played a great game but the officials were horrible.