Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 15th region tournament
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
15th region tournament starts Monday i believe. Draw is Saturday at 2. 
1 seeds are Martin County, Betsy Layne, Pikeville, and Pike Central. 2 seeds are Paintsville, Lawrence County, East Ridge, and Belfry. You can't play you own district in 1st game. If Pikeville and Paintsville is first round game that will be huge. 
This is the 1st time is a long time I could make a real case for all teams winning it. Pikeville is favorite but any of the 7 teams can beat them on the right night.
Best tournament in many years. Anyone can win it.
The 15th is wide open this year.
This definitely could end up being one of the better 15th Region Tournaments we've had in a while.

All 8 teams have a realistic shot and the talent needed to win 3 games in a row against good competition.

It's exciting too see this much talent and parity in the 15th.
Pikeville/Betsy Layne or the field?
(02-26-2022, 02:43 AM)bucslover68 Wrote: [ -> ]Pikeville/Betsy Layne or the field?
How about Pikeville vs the field?? BL's problem is they really play only 6 guys and 5 play 90 percent of the minutes. When you have to beat 3 really good teams in a 4-5 days span that is tough.
When are the boys semifinals?
(02-26-2022, 02:55 AM)pirateforlife Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-26-2022, 02:43 AM)bucslover68 Wrote: [ -> ]Pikeville/Betsy Layne or the field?
How about Pikeville vs the field?? BL's problem is they really play only 6 guys and 5 play 90 percent of the minutes. When you have to beat 3 really good teams in a 4-5 days span that is tough.

Betsy Layne’s depth could come into question BUT look at the other teams. In tournament time, how deep does each team really go? Paintsville doesn’t have much of a bench, still beat pikeville. Lawrence? Pike Central? ER? Pikeville? You have the young 22 and Rogers come off bench…how many minutes is Manns averaging? If you look at BL’s they have about 3 that could come in for a few minutes the same way. Which I’m sure, just like pikeville, would rather have the starting 5 in. 

just like any other team, if the starters are in foul trouble, your team is in trouble. All about heart now, if you’re tired, then you’ll either suck it up or let someone else do your job. 

But with that being said, what a tournament this is about to be. Anyone can win on any given night. If you love basketball, then might as well just be ready to buy tickets every night.
The draw is gonna be critical. I really dont see many easy games out there.
I think Pikeville is the favorite but with Martin Co Paintsville Lawrence Co Betsy Layne could be one of them won’t make it out of the first round still have East Ridge Pike Central and Belfry there no easy road I do believe that these are the top 8 teams in the district going to be exciting to watch the top three players in the region this week
Pikeville should be the favorite. However in this tourney they could also lose on the first round this year. Should be a heck of a tourney.
(02-26-2022, 12:16 PM)swva_sports Wrote: [ -> ]When are the boys semifinals?

Saturday, March 5th.