Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Betsy Layne 67 Lawrence County 64
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Betsy Layne wins the 58th District Tournament.
Betsy Layne absolutely played their tails off tonight! They’re 6 deep and never let up on defense
Here kitty kitty.
Betsy Layne will either get Paintsville, East Ridge, or Belfry 1st round. LC will get either Martin County, Pikeville, or Pike Central
I'm a Pikeville fan 1000% but if BL wins the 15th I won't be sad and will be at Rupp rooting for them....
(02-26-2022, 12:06 AM)jetpilot Wrote: [ -> ]I'm a Pikeville fan 1000% but if BL wins the 15th I won't be sad and will be at Rupp rooting for them....
I think Pikeville is still the favorite, but BL plays as hard as anyone and has a real shot.  I will definitely pull for them if they win it all.
Betsy Layne did a great job with their zone defense.
Lawrence made way too many turnovers but still managed an exciting comeback and had a shot to win.
Congrats to the Bobcats and they could make a good run in the tournament next week.
So could the Bulldogs. Should be fun at the Arena in the next week.
This was a good, hard fought game by both teams. Andrew Kidd had a huge first half for BL. If he plays even close to that level BL can win the region.

BL really trapped Maynard and Adkins hard all game. Cody Maynard still had a huge game and I think he was 16/16 on free throws. For Lawrence County to win the region their role players are going to have to hit open 3s.
These two teams will be very tough to handle at the Expo!  I could see a rematch!