Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Harlan vs Bell County 52nd District Championship
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Round 3 of this heated battle that’s ended in punches, ejections of fans, technicals, and controversy all around is on Log Mountain tonight!! This one is for all the marbles as defending district champ Harlan Green dragons go at it against the Bell County bobcats who got their first bid to the region tournament since 2015-2016 and district championship since 2013-2014.
Brad Sizemore will be the difference.

Bell Co. 66
Harlan Ind 58
I think Sizemore is a heck of a X's and O's coach and I hope Bell pulls it out. Harlan is very quick and athletic and this should be a fantastic game. If I'm a winner of a district I wouldn't want to draw either of these teams for the first game at region.
What a game!! the fighting brad sizemores pull it off!!
Bell County 88
Harlan 78
Double OT final
Congratulations to Danny Griffin (from Mboro) He made 3 straight terrible calls that sent the game into ot.
(02-26-2022, 12:31 AM)momentoftruth Wrote: [ -> ]Congratulations to Danny Griffin (from Mboro) He made 3 straight terrible calls that sent the game into ot.
He makes sure everyone knows he’s there and he’s the man!
Congrats to Bell County, a very well
coached team. The Woolum kid is the most underrated player in the region. Harlan Ind had no answer for him.
Bell shot 39 free throws to only 7 for Harlan. Both teams were attacking the rim. But Harlan only shoots 7? I’m not understanding why a ref from Mboro was on the game. Thought nobody from either county could call a district game?

(02-26-2022, 01:03 AM)TheProfessor33 Wrote: [ -> ]Congrats to Bell County, a very well
coached  team.  The Woolum kid is the most underrated player in the region.  Harlan Ind had no answer for him.
I figured in the Bell/HC game the coaches would of put your favorite two HC players you brag about all the time on Woolum to stop him. lol
(02-26-2022, 01:04 AM)momentoftruth Wrote: [ -> ]Bell shot 39 free throws to only 7 for Harlan. Both teams were attacking the rim. But Harlan only shoots 7? I’m not understanding why a ref from Mboro was on the game. Thought nobody from either county could call a district game?

(02-26-2022, 01:03 AM)TheProfessor33 Wrote: [ -> ]Congrats to Bell County, a very well
coached  team.  The Woolum kid is the most underrated player in the region.  Harlan Ind had no answer for him.
I figured in the Bell/HC game the coaches would of put your favorite two HC players you brag about all the time on Woolum to stop him. lol

Kid is hard to stop! He was the best player on the floor in both games and it probably wasn’t close.
(02-26-2022, 01:18 AM)TheProfessor33 Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-26-2022, 01:04 AM)momentoftruth Wrote: [ -> ]Bell shot 39 free throws to only 7 for Harlan. Both teams were attacking the rim. But Harlan only shoots 7? I’m not understanding why a ref from Mboro was on the game. Thought nobody from either county could call a district game?

Kid is hard to stop!  He was the best player on the floor in both games and it probably wasn’t close.
Yeah probably the best guard in the last 10yrs in the 52 district too.
Bell was in foul trouble so they didn’t contest Harlan’s drives. Harlan contested everything. Plus, Harlan was overly aggressive in the front court. Seemed like #12 just checked in to foul out. 

Wilson called the Bell/Harlan game at Harlan, so that argument doesn’t hold water.
(02-26-2022, 01:23 AM)momentoftruth Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-26-2022, 01:18 AM)TheProfessor33 Wrote: [ -> ]

[quote="TheProfessor33" pid="2349602" dateline="1645848227"]
Congrats to Bell County, a very well

Kid is hard to stop!  He was the best player on the floor in both games and it probably wasn’t close.
Yeah probably the best guard in the last 10yrs in the 52 district too.
[/

I don’t know what you are talking about.
Great win for Bell County! First District title in a long time. This is a great group of seniors (and Woolum who is taking the Covid year). They have accomplished something that used to be an almost annual accomplishment at Bell County but hasn’t been done in 8 years. Congratulations to the coach Sizemore and his staff. Hats off the Harlan and Harlan County. The 3 teams were pretty evenly matched, but the Bobcats came out on top.
They should build a statue of Josh Maxey out front!