Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Paintsville 65 Pikeville 51
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Final from Paintsville. 

Paintsville the clear better team tonight. Panthers could not find an offensive rhythm as fouls were a plague. 

#9 Pikeville falls to 24-2 on the season. The Panthers will be back in action tomorrow vs. Jenkins.
Closer game than the final due to Pikeville having to gamble/foul.

Paintsville could win the region or be out 1st round of the district.

I think we all agree, Pikeville will be just fine.

Go Tigers!
Paintsville won't make it out of thier district. Pikeville wins the region. Little home cooking tonite
(02-15-2022, 11:45 PM)Warriorhawk17 Wrote: [ -> ]Paintsville won't make it out of thier district. Pikeville wins the region. Little home cooking tonite
Looks like Hoot finally passed that bottle of Hateraide!!! 

Paintsville beat Pikeville you don’t have to like it but you could at least congratulate them. We all know this one game doesn’t change much in the big picture.
(02-15-2022, 11:45 PM)Warriorhawk17 Wrote: [ -> ]Paintsville won't make it out of thier district. Pikeville wins the region. Little home cooking tonite
Agree
I’m definitely not a Paintsville fan but there was no home cooking, called both ways. 57th district owns the region last 10
years until someone steps up. Johnson central has been in the championship game 9 of last 10. Last 3 years in a row a different 57th district team has won the championship. JC 2019, Martin County 2020, Paintsville 2021. Painstville plays Johnson central first round of district whoever wins that will be in the region championship game.
What a win for Paintsville late in the season.
Wow. That’s a tough region. Be a fun tourney to watch. Anyone any given night can win that region
Paintsville shot the ball really well, Pikeville did not. No home cooking, just poor officiating overall. I’ve seen a lot of games this year, the officiating was poor at best. Great win for Paintsville, hopefully this will make the Panthers hungry come tournament time!!
I guess the Paintsville just proved that they aren't gonna just give their 15th region champion crown away. You're going to have to take it from them. 15th region just got a little more exciting cause I think most people thought noone was within 10 points of Pikeville in the 15th region.
Congrats to Paintsville, like PT said they were the better team all night. Pikeville looked bad for the first time all year and credit the Tigers for that.

The loss wasn't that big of a shock since Paintsville is defending 15th champs and playing at home, and Pikeville shot poorly. Normally I wouldn't be too concerned. But one thing I didn't expect was on this night Paintsville's defense bothered Pikeville more than Pikeville's vaunted defense bothered Paintsville.

Pikeville has had everything go their way this whole season from from the opening tip of the first game other than a shot at the buzzer that went in for Bowling Green long ago. Until tonight. So a little dose of adversity might just help out down the road.

Paintsville is the favorite to win the region again until someone proves otherwise by knocking them out.
(02-16-2022, 12:30 AM)pirateforlife Wrote: [ -> ]I guess the Paintsville just proved that they aren't gonna just give their 15th region champion crown away. You're going to have to take it from them. 15th region just got a little more exciting cause I think most people thought noone was within 10 points of Pikeville in the 15th region.
Nobody from Pikeville thought that...
PS Warriorhawk17 is not a Pikeville fan. Paintsville fans want Pikeville to win the 15th more than Wh17.
pikeville loses an angel gains it’s wings ..
(02-16-2022, 01:42 AM)WhomTheBellTolls Wrote: [ -> ]pikeville loses an angel gains it’s wings ..
nm that's way too deep for me...
100% Credit to Paintsville. They outplayed us. With that said, does anyone actually think this loss makes Pikeville less dangerous come tournament time? If anyone says yes, you haven’t been paying attention…
Justice is a smart coach, I’m sure he isn’t too upset that he lost a game late in the year. That’ll help Pikeville in the end respect the regional tournament. After winning the All A state they probably needed to be dropped down a notch before tournament time.
Congratulations Tigers!!

Very Impressive performance and good luck the rest of the season.
Congratulations to Paintsville they just outplayed Pikeville in this game. I said in earlier post that Pikeville would drop a game or 2 along the way. It’s hard to stay focused through an entire season. This might have been the jolt they needed to get them back in right frame of mind to finish out. I still believe they are front runner to win the 15th.
(02-16-2022, 01:03 AM)jetpilot Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-16-2022, 12:30 AM)pirateforlife Wrote: [ -> ]I guess the Paintsville just proved that they aren't gonna just give their 15th region champion crown away. You're going to have to take it from them. 15th region just got a little more exciting cause I think most people thought noone was within 10 points of Pikeville in the 15th region.
I sure there’s at least 1 person from Pikeville that thought that…Pikeville has a good fan base but even y’all aren’t completely insulated from crazy haha
Woah Looks like a different Pikeville team once they leave the city limits!
(02-16-2022, 10:44 AM)Sports72 Wrote: [ -> ]Woah Looks like a different Pikeville team once they leave the city limits!
Was the All A state held at Appalachian Wireless Arena?
Number 1!!!
I've got to congratulate the Tigers on a great win! Makes me want to believe my Eagles may have a shot now.
Paintsville is a tough place to play. That being said, Paintsville pretty much dominated the game. Fouls evenly spread, refs are always gonna be terrible but thought they were bad both ways. Painstville defended very well and took advantage of mismatches on offense. I truly think this region is closer than a lot think. Is not playing a lot of the region besides district, all A games, and home games going to hurt Pikeville? I think they’ll be fine but region is more wide open than most think. Just depends on who shows up and wants it more.

These district matchups are going to be insane. Anybody can beat anybody and it’s all about heart at this point.

Also, Bol was said to be eligible at Belfry and attended the Betsy Layne game and sat behind the bench not dressed. Any updates on that? If so, what a wild 15th region year and I’m ready for some great basketball in the next two weeks.
(02-16-2022, 05:18 PM)Kentuckyfan52 Wrote: [ -> ]Paintsville is a tough place to play. That being said, Paintsville pretty much dominated the game. Fouls evenly spread, refs are always gonna be terrible but thought they were bad both ways. Painstville defended very well and took advantage of mismatches on offense. I truly think this region is closer than a lot think. Is not playing a lot of the region besides district, all A games, and home games going to hurt Pikeville? I think they’ll be fine but region is more wide open than most think. Just depends on who shows up and wants it more.

These district matchups are going to be insane. Anybody can beat anybody and it’s all about heart at this point.

Also, Bol was said to be eligible at Belfry and attended the Betsy Layne game and sat behind the bench not dressed. Any updates on that? If so, what a wild 15th region year and I’m ready for some great basketball in the next two weeks.
Paintsville played a very good game last night.  They have to play Jc at Jc in the first round of district that would be a very difficult task. 

You’re argument about playing Non district Region Teams away isn’t a strong argument.  Outside of Pike Central all of the teams have only played 2-4 Road non district games.  Paintsville has only played 1 and it will be two after tonight.   So outside of district games a lot of the Region teams haven’t played on the road.  Besides the Region is held at a neutral site anyways.    

Bol is back on the Belfry roster and everything I’m hearing is he is playing tonight against Paintsville.
(02-16-2022, 05:53 PM)Grinch1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-16-2022, 05:18 PM)Kentuckyfan52 Wrote: [ -> ]Paintsville is a tough place to play. That being said, Paintsville pretty much dominated the game. Fouls evenly spread, refs are always gonna be terrible but thought they were bad both ways. Painstville defended very well and took advantage of mismatches on offense. I truly think this region is closer than a lot think. Is not playing a lot of the region besides district, all A games, and home games going to hurt Pikeville? I think they’ll be fine but region is more wide open than most think. Just depends on who shows up and wants it more.

Paintsville played a very good game last night.  They have to play Jc at Jc in the first round of district that would be a very difficult task. 

You’re argument about playing Non district Region Teams away isn’t a strong argument.  Outside of Pike Central all of the teams have only played 2-4 Road non district games.  Paintsville has only played 1 and it will be two after tonight.   So outside of district games a lot of the Region teams haven’t played on the road.  Besides the Region is held at a neutral site anyways.    

Bol is back on the Belfry roster and everything I’m hearing is he is playing tonight against Paintsville.
Yes I agree. That game will be a crazy game. Would love to be there in person for that one. And you’re right. I just know they didn’t schedule JC and cancelled at BL, played LC at home. They played Martin away early in season I believe. Just was going off that but nothing against Pikeville at all. Obviously, look at their record, that speaks for itself. Just was wondering, not arguing. I think they’ll be just fine. As for neutral site in region, I hate that statement. As someone not from a school who was in All A or the pike county area, it sucked in high school because it felt like everyone got to play on it a lot more than we did but as for right now, that’s the best place the region can have it and I’m glad they let teams who make it have the practice time before hand, that was a great idea for the teams who usually don’t play on it and they’ve done a lot better since then getting more teams the chance to play on it.  

I’m interested in the Belfry team now. Wonder how it will be? I hope that game is live on some media tonight. 

I wasn’t arguing against any team, just stating I think it is wide open and just like last year, most district and every regional game should be a great one. This region has a lot of talented kids and coaches.
(02-16-2022, 06:18 PM)Kentuckyfan52 Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-16-2022, 05:53 PM)Grinch1 Wrote: [ -> ]

Yes I agree. That game will be a crazy game. Would love to be there in person for that one. And you’re right. I just know they didn’t schedule JC and cancelled at BL, played LC at home. They played Martin away early in season I believe. Just was going off that but nothing against Pikeville at all. Obviously, look at their record, that speaks for itself. Just was wondering, not arguing. I think they’ll be just fine. As for neutral site in region, I hate that statement. As someone not from a school who was in All A or the pike county area, it sucked in high school because it felt like everyone got to play on it a lot more than we did but as for right now, that’s the best place the region can have it and I’m glad they let teams who make it have the practice time before hand, that was a great idea for the teams who usually don’t play on it and they’ve done a lot better since then getting more teams the chance to play on it.  

I’m interested in the Belfry team now. Wonder how it will be? I hope that game is live on some media tonight. 

I wasn’t arguing against any team, just stating I think it is wide open and just like last year, most district and every regional game should be a great one. This region has a lot of talented kids and coaches.
Yeah I have no idea why JC wasn’t on their schedule and if I was guessing I’d say the BL game was canceled for scheduling issues because of All A state and they had already played twice.  

I agree with you that the bigger schools in the Region don’t get that early tournament at Appalachian Wireless Area does hurt a little.  I wish they could have some sort of mid season tournament like they use to.  I believe it was the Farm Bureau or something like that so the other teams could get a early season game there.  

I’ve not seen any live steam from the game tonight at belfry.  It’s a Paintsville game so I’m sure their local radio station will have it they always do.  

Region tournament should be a fun one.  I believe Pikeville is still the favorite and you never know who will come out of the 57th.  Going to be an exciting post season for sure.
(02-16-2022, 09:18 AM)2000PHS Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-16-2022, 01:03 AM)jetpilot Wrote: [ -> ]
I sure there’s at least 1 person from Pikeville that thought that…Pikeville has a good fan base but even y’all aren’t completely insulated from crazy haha
You may be right but I have not heard it said or implied once all year...
And The Champ Goes Down
Pages: 1 2