Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Joe Says No...Torre out as Yankees Manager
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Joe Torre is out as manager of the New York Yankees, rejecting a substantial pay cut after the team failed to make it past the first round of the playoffs for the third straight year. Torre turned down a $5 million, one-year contract Thursday that still would have made him the highest-paid manager in baseball. Bench coach Don Mattingly is the leading contender to replace Torre, who led the Yanks to 12 straight playoff appearances and won four World Series championships. Yankees broadcaster Joe Girardi, the NL manager of the year with Florida in 2006, is another top contender.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3069115
Im glad Torre turned that down. Im no fan of the Yankees, but Torre deserves way better than that. After every year of the damn yankees not winning the world series, talk starts about Torre being fired. Steinbrenner is a jackass and deserves another jackass just like him to manage the team, maybe someone like Tony Larussa. Thats who I think will get it anyway, and if so then its a match made in baseball hell. I also hope A-Rod leaves the team as well, the man has a hell of a season and because he struggles come playoff time, the new york fans blame him for not winning the series, not to mention everything else he goes through there. Im not sayin im a fan of his, but if i were him i would tell new york to kiss my a$$.
I hope the Yankees learn from doing something dirty as this. I hope they don't make the playoffs for another 10 years. I'll admit I hate the Yanks but I respect Joe Torre and what they did to him was about as bad as it gets.
I agree, not even a Yankee fan but I do have the utmost respect for Joe Torre and he does deserve better. Where do you think he will end up?

Braves_Fan_26 Wrote:Im glad Torre turned that down. Im no fan of the Yankees, but Torre deserves way better than that. After every year of the damn yankees not winning the world series, talk starts about Torre being fired. Steinbrenner is a jackass and deserves another jackass just like him to manage the team, maybe someone like Tony Larussa. Thats who I think will get it anyway, and if so then its a match made in baseball hell. I also hope A-Rod leaves the team as well, the man has a hell of a season and because he struggles come playoff time, the new york fans blame him for not winning the series, not to mention everything else he goes through there. Im not sayin im a fan of his, but if i were him i would tell new york to kiss my a$$.
I hate the Yanks, I respect Torre the same way I hate Duke but respect Coach K. Steinbrenner (sp.) WILL regret his wrong doings toward Torre.
ah yes..yes...yes...yes...now my Pirates will make that push Ive been waiting 15 years for..
It's gonna be hard to see Yankees without Torre.
Yanks will be lucky to field a team next year. lol Watch how many opt out for free agency. Big George WILL regret this!